** MLB Predictions 2011 **

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
The Twinkies of 87 were a fun team to watch too.

I did enjoy that team, I became obsessed with Metrodome as a 12 year old kid after the '87 World Series. I met Marty Barrett of the Red Sox, John Cerutti of the Blue Jays, and Umpire Terry Tata in November 1987. I remember talking to them about playing in the dome and they all said it was very tough, and they all agreed about disliking playing in it.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Wow. I'm not a Red Sox fan but I am a watcher and can you believe the fall from grace there? Those guys were supposed to win it all this year and instead the place is imploding. It is going to be very interesting over the new few years for Sox fans.

You should hear the sports radio up here, with the Bruins and Patriots seasons going on, they are still pretty much the #1 topic up here. The clubhouse was a mess with players not listening to Francona, players put on 20lbs during the season by having fried chicken and biscuits and beer and playing video games in the clubhouse WHILE the games were going on in the midst of the collapse. The team is a mess, I guess they thought they could just flip a switch and turn it on when they needed to. They just really got fat and happy.

lauriebear

Christmas Royalty
MMC Member
Oct 11, 2010
New York
I can't believe I am saying this: Go Yankees!

(now I feel like I need my mouth washed out with bleach)

OK, I know this is way past and history now but I think I need to hold on to this one!!!

Tee Hee...

I was very disappointed, and to see how upset Jorge Posada was it broke my heart... He is a true player... In it for the love...

Reactions: 1 person

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Sox just need to unload the mistake in Lackey, not worry about getting Dice-K healthy, the should have fired the pitching coach before Terry and the 3rd base coach. Please bring in the manager from the Twins.
The World series has been awesome the first two games.

justme324

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Lifer
Aug 26, 2008
Texas
My TEXAS RANGERS are going to take it all!!!

justme324

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Lifer
Aug 26, 2008
Texas
You mean tomorrow night right? And the Rangers havnt lost two consecutive games in over 60 days so they will pull it out no matter what. :)

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Game 6 was one for the ages. I'm doubtful of the Rangers chances, especially after that. Like I said, I'm not anti-Rangers and this is somewhat of a who-cares? series for me but they're going to have to show something special to take Game 7 against Carpenter. Quite the series.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Gotta hand it to the Cards -- what a late season run. They came back every step of the way.

At the same time you can't help but feel a little something for the Rangers. So very, very close. They are the new heartbreak kids.

Their only consolation is they are not the Cubs.

Who picked the Cards to take it all?

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Looks like xmas365 came the closest to picking the Cards, saying way back in March they would win their division.

They didn't win their division though. They were 10.5 games back at the end of August and had a torrid September coupled with an epic Atlanta collapse that gave them the Wild Card...and then they continued their comeback ways all through Game 6 of the series.

What an epic season. So many tales of failure and triumph.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I unfortunately did not watch the series, from what I have read about it, it was an amazing series. Like most fans up here, we are diehard Red Sox fans and if the Sox or the Yankees aren't in it it isn't a big deal. Of course for the Yankees it is to see them lose.

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals and their fans.

whychristmas

Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Partner
Oct 17, 2004
Somerset, UK
The Angels have got deeper pockets than I thought! Pujols AND Wilson?!!? And they've still got the terrible contract that is Vernon Wells. AL West will be interesting... At least in 2013 both them and the Rangers can beat up on the Astros!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I'll put my money on the Astros in 2014. They should have their youth movement paying off by then and Pujols (who isn't 31), Wilson, Wells and all will be looking old and very, very expensive.

I could become an AL fan afterall. My NL West is looking more tepid by the day (at least offensively).

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Aaahhh baseball is back, sitting here at 2am watching some of the A's and Mariners while I can't sleep. Cant wait till the 4th

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image