MLB Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Well true points Jeff but I guess the saying has always been that the more mediocre players made for better managers than the great players. I don't like that Dodgers team either. I don't really blame Mattingly but you know how it goes. They can't fire all of the players so they fire the manager. It is unfortunate. .
Who do you like in the ALCS/NLCS at this point?

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
No worries here, I hate the Dodgers. I LOATHE the Dodgers. I love the fact their post season for the past 26 years has always ended in a loss.

I'm liking the Mets and Royals in the series with the Royals to take it all, I think.

I'd like to root for the Cubbies but I'm mad at them right now and think they need to be humbled.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Mets/Royals would be a fun series. Living in NY (about an hour north of the city) I can tell you that this area had become run by Yankees fan but now people are really in to the Mets. It's nice for a change. I know the Yankees got a bad reputation for "buying championships" but if you look back in to the 90s you can see how the core of their team was really built around guys they built up through the minor leagues (Jeter, River, Pettitte, Bernie, Posada). Those guys really built the foundation and then they surrounded those guys with guys like Tino and O'Neill. Now if you notice in baseball teams are more equal so you see more teams building their team through the farm system which I really like. I hated when the Yankees would go out and buy the "best" players from other teams only to see those guys fail in the playoffs.
So you don't feel bad for their 100 year curse? :)

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
Ok, I have seen the other lists.... I didn't see anything about my CHICAGO CUBS, the one team that has the best record (so far). Not the Dodgers, not the Yankees, not the Braves.....not sure about the Giants either.... HOPING ON THIS IS THE YEAR! GO CUBS.... oh and not the CARDINALS!

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Cubbies are rolling on all cylinders...Epstein put a great team together...but it is the cubs ;)

SinatraClaus

Chairman of the board
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 25, 2005
Missouri, USA
Doesn't look like the Royals are making it back for a third trip this year. It was fun while it lasted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image