Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
The United States Postal Service as announced new designs for stamps to be released for the 2020 holiday season. They likewise have announced an increase in overall postal pricing for the 2020 holiday season.
There will be five new Forever stamp designs similar to this one featuring the 18th century painting of Our Lady of Guápulo, where a crowned Virgin Mary looks down at baby Christ in her arms:

There will also be 10 new winter scene stamps available this year in these designs:

For...

Continue reading...

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Glittering Tinsel

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
Jul 5, 2020
Massachusetts
Yet another reason to get your shopping done early.

The Postal Service also said that it has filed notice of a temporary price increase to take effect in the fall.

The planned price increase would go into effect at 12:00AM Central time on October 18, 2020 and remain in place through Christmas until 12:00AM Central time December 27, 2020.

The increase was approved by the Governors of the Postal Service on August 6 and would raise prices on its commercial domestic competitive parcels – Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, Parcel Select, and Parcel Return Service.

The Postal Service said that the price increase is being done “in response to increased expenses and heightened demand for online shopping package volume due to the coronavirus pandemic and expected holiday ecommerce.

WintersElf

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
MMC Premiere
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
WinterWonderland -Florida
well that doesnt suprise me that it went up they do every year anyways...im gonna most likely order my christmas stamps online cause our post office is always out of pretty stamp when I need them...better get em early still debateing if i want to do cards this year or not a bit early but i better decide before they go up...???? when they go up are they gonna still honor the ones we order before they go up or do we need to go buy 1 cent stamps or what ever to add on to it??

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
well that doesnt suprise me that it went up they do every year anyways...im gonna most likely order my christmas stamps online cause our post office is always out of pretty stamp when I need them...better get em early still debateing if i want to do cards this year or not a bit early but i better decide before they go up...???? when they go up are they gonna still honor the ones we order before they go up or do we need to go buy 1 cent stamps or what ever to add on to it??

I don't think the stamps are going up -- just shipping on packages

Petronius

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Member
Nov 25, 2018
Conneaut, Ohio
I like the stamp of the crowned Virgin Mary.
The red cardinal is very pretty. Perhaps a lot of people will purchase that stamp.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image