XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
I want to Skip Summer and head straight too Autumn..Love those dark nites and those chilly evenings...+i

With you on that, can we avoid summer all together? The good thing about the years i spent in Alaska and Maine found out how easy it is to go swimming when ice is floating around near you.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
YES!! Where I grew up, the volunteer fire company in each town would hold a six-day (Monday through Saturday) carnival during the summer as a fund-raiser. My town always held theirs the week of July Fourth, so it was a big deal---they even used to have a Sunday afternoon parade to kick it off. Good times! I still light up when I see a carnival pop up somewhere.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
These fairs are great one is Cummington MA,and this one is Deerfield MA.View attachment 44435
There's one scheduled in the town where I work, but I'm too busy to get to it. Waah ... But my memories of past carnivals are great. I lived within walking distance of our town carnival when I was a kid, so I went there every night it wasn't rainy. I'd spend a couple hours riding rides and playing games and enjoying carnival treats. Then I'd tote my "winnings" home (in the shape of stuffed animals) after dark and look forward to the next night!

One "carny" I remember ran a game that involved betting on which hole a live white rat would run into when released. I loved that game as a kid! I ran into the same carny a decade or two later---still running the same game---and he slipped me a wind-up mouse as a souvenir. I still have that mouse! The carny and his wife (who ran a different game) retired to Florida the next year.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image