Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 325 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 300 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 239 DAYS

Happy Full January Week! Oh boy it's here now folks. The 2-week Christmas/New Years stretch is over. And now? It's 50 weeks to get back there to those 2 magical weeks. As I mentioned last night there is only 1 of the next 50 weeks that really feels extra special and unique. That would be THANKSGIVING WEEK. Yeah, it's a long way off but how far off is it really? Let's look at our numbers. We have 325 days until Thanksgiving. We have 300 days until November (the BIG 300!). Finally, we have 239 days until the Bers begin. With our big #300 today in the November count that means as of tomorrow we will have 2 out of our 3 countdowns in the "2s" now and not the "3s". That's a nice little step don't you think? I do. It's going to be awesome to see tomorrow. I can't wait. But let's be patient just like a turkey crossing the road. Have a great Full January Week!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 324 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 299 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 238 DAYS

Happy Week Into January! Almost a full week into 2020 now. Our counts? We have 324 days until Thanksgiving. That's the biggest one. We also have 299 days until November. That's right we are into the "2s" now for 2 out of our 3 countdowns. And we have 238 days till the Bers. I repeat, we have more of our counts now in the "2s" than the "3s". That's big. It's a big step very early in the game. And that's good. But as others say there's no need to rush it. And we can't control the time anyway. What we can control is the temperature we put our oven on when Thanksgiving morning is here. The aroma and the smells on Thanksgiving morning and afternoon are about as wonderful as any that I can think of. And those are smells that if you close your eyes right now and think about you can smell it all the way to Thanksgiving Day. Yum makes me hungry and want turkey instead of this orange I'm eating! Have a great Week Into January!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Love this knowing it's coming at us again, but PLEASE, let's not rush it. At my age you want the days & weeks to last!

I agree, and even though I know I am enjoying the holidays more, I need more time to recover from them know as well!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 324 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 299 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 238 DAYS

Happy Week Into January! Almost a full week into 2020 now. Our counts? We have 324 days until Thanksgiving. That's the biggest one. We also have 299 days until November. That's right we are into the "2s" now for 2 out of our 3 countdowns. And we have 238 days till the Bers. I repeat, we have more of our counts now in the "2s" than the "3s". That's big. It's a big step very early in the game. And that's good. But as others say there's no need to rush it. And we can't control the time anyway. What we can control is the temperature we put our oven on when Thanksgiving morning is here. The aroma and the smells on Thanksgiving morning and afternoon are about as wonderful as any that I can think of. And those are smells that if you close your eyes right now and think about you can smell it all the way to Thanksgiving Day. Yum makes me hungry and want turkey instead of this orange I'm eating! Have a great Week Into January!​
Oranges give me unreal indegestion! Turkey doesnt though.:D

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 323 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 298 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 237 DAYS

Happy Jogging Through January! It's cold out but nothing out of the ordinary. We haven't had a bad January (yet) at all. And here in the Thanksgiving thread we're having a great January counting towards our 3 big countdowns. #1 we have 323 days until Thanksgiving. #2 we have 298 days until November. #3 we have 237 days until the Bers. All 3 are doing well in their own right. We've made Thursdays extra special here thanks to CW's help and he'll be doing a special post for us tomorrow. And of course, next week I'll return with another Thanksgiving poll. Keeping Thursdays special is what it's all about here. Interesting too that this year my top 2 favorite days are both on Thursdays (obviously Thanksgiving...and Christmas Eve). I was thinking today how the holidays seem so long ago but it's only January 8th. The lights outside remind me it wasn't that long ago. Have a great Jogging Through January Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 322 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 297 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 236 DAYS

Happy Avoiding January Snow! Oh yeah we haven't had much of anything so far this notorious month of January in terms of snow. But I know that can change at some point. Know what else changes every day here? 3 numbers do. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 322 days. With it being a Thursday that translates to 46 weeks. 6 weeks ago was Thanksgiving! Amazing huh? Our Countdown to November has lowered to 297 days this Thursday morning. Finally, our Countdown to the Bers drops by 1 to 236 days. Not bad even though we are in January. Funny on the news yesterday the news anchor said "February 8" and quickly corrected himself. The weather guy joked if we're going to rush to August right now already. I kinda smiled at the thought of August knowing we'd be on the doorstep on the Bers but then realized I'm glad we still have most of 8 months to go to build to it. Well let's hope CW delivers this bi-weekly Thursday as usual. Have a great Avoiding January Snow Friday Eve!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
It has been crazy how little snow we have had...I just hope we don't get dumped on in Feb. I ran out to get a coffee this morning and on the way back I was thinking I can't wait until we hit the summer temps...so nice to just be in shorts and a shirt. We'll be there soon enough!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Avoiding snow will be no problem for us down here in Georgia. High 60's today, mid 70's tomorrow, and a high of 80 on Saturday. Then in the 70's thru next Wednesday. :rolleyes:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image