Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Discussion in 'Thanksgiving' started by Edge612, Nov 28, 2019.

1. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Rich, I don't remember that, was there a particular day they were thinking about moving it to?

Edge612 likes this.
  2. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

A for me however my work is open the day after so I need to put in for it off and this year I will most likely have to work it because I had it off last year....

DecemberisComing and Edge612 like this.
  3. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Yeah I'm curious too. I don't recall that. I'm guessing the 25th? One month before Christmas?

DecemberisComing likes this.
  4. DecemberisComing

Edge612 likes this.
  5. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

I was wrong. It was Halloween they were thinking of moving to the last Saturday in October. Oops, sorry. :confused:

DecemberisComing and Edge612 like this.
  6. DecemberisComing

That I do remember! Mostly because one of my brothers was born on October 31st and when they talked about moving Halloween to always be the last Saturday in October, he was not happy about it! Some kids never grow up and my brother is one of those special souls!

Edge612 likes this.
  7. Edge612

COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 244 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 219 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 158 DAYS

Happy Final Friday of March! What a month it has been. And these counts continue to make us smile. They are the following: 244 days till Thanksgiving, 219 days till November and 158 days till the Bers. Bam. That's how we end the week here. Glad everyone had fun with the poll yesterday. And in 8 days we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. That's another BAM. And of course Tuesday we'll end March and Wednesday we'll begin April. That's how we roll around here right? Keeping it going. Any Friday is good but today it feels like it's been a long week so I'm glad it's TGIF. Let's enjoy the weekend ahead as much as possible and enjoy all of the little things. On Thanksgiving? We enjoy all the little things and the BIG things like the plate in front of us. That's not so little is it? Have a great Final Friday of March!​

8. Edge612

COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 243 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 218 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 157 DAYS

Happy Last Weekend of March! This has been a "long month" hasn't it? I think the virus slowed down time a bit. But I think that's a good thing for us to appreciate each day more and more. Now these 3 counts despite that have all lowered nicely this month. The following counts keep lowering here: 243 days till Thanksgiving, 218 days till November and 157 days till the Bers. 3 counts all moving along in the right direction. That's the only direction we see them go in is lowering. It's Saturday folks! Any special plans this weekend? I bet most of you can't tell the difference as much from the week to the weekend huh? It's all tangled together now the way things are. We have some rain moving in later but for now it's a dry morning. What's everyone else up to this weekend? Calling all turkey lovers for their plans for this weekend. Have a great Last Weekend of March!​

Rich and SnowflakeMom like this.
  9. DecemberisComing

March has been a long month, and today we are expecting severe thunderstorms and hail. I agree it is getting harder to differentiate between weekdays and the weekend, so I am hoping that if I use today to do my "normal" weekend chores it will feel more like a Saturday. Tomorrow I hope to make a menu for the week and look ahead and start my grocery list for a mid-week pick-up. Hopefully, a new movie and some puzzle time will make it feel more like the weekend! Checking in here is also a weekend treat!

Edge612, Rich and SnowflakeMom like this.
  10. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I agree the last 2 weeks seems to have slowed down a bit. I am catching up on things around the house and I do have to head to the grocery store at some point..maybe later tonight when less people are out.

Edge612, Rich and DecemberisComing like this.
  11. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

Relaxing and working...all in the same day...

Yall have a good one!

Edge612, Rich and DecemberisComing like this.
  12. Edge612

COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 242 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 217 DAYS
    COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 156 DAYS

Happy Sportsless Sunday! Not really any sports on t.v. these days but we have other things to keep us entertained. Like what? Like these 3 countdowns which you can find here daily. They are 242 days until Thanksgiving, 217 days until November and 156 days until the Bers. Entertained enough? Those are 3 key countdowns for sure that we all can enjoy. And enjoy we do. Don't we? Looks like another cloudy day. Not a great weekend here with the weather. But it's still the weekend. And we have a big week ahead here in this thread. Why? Tuesday we say farewell to March. Wednesday we welcome in April. Thursday CW will give us a great Thanksgiving show. And Saturday we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. Enough reasons to be excited for next week? I'd say so. I hope you all have a great day. Have a great Sportsless Sunday!​

Rich, SnowflakeMom and Minta like this.
  13. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Looking forward to the Bers, Thanksgiving.

Rich likes this.