Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
My vote is for A. too. I am also fortunate to have Black Friday off each year, so I like having a few days before to enjoy the build up and prepare, but than I really enjoy having the 3 days afterwards to savor the leftovers and the start of the "official" holiday season!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Definitely A. But remember not too long ago, there was talk of having it on a certain date instead the fourth Thursday? I like keeping it on the fourth Thursday best.

Rich, I don't remember that, was there a particular day they were thinking about moving it to?

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Rich, I don't remember that, was there a particular day they were thinking about moving it to?
I was wrong. It was Halloween they were thinking of moving to the last Saturday in October. Oops, sorry. :confused:

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
That I do remember! Mostly because one of my brothers was born on October 31st and when they talked about moving Halloween to always be the last Saturday in October, he was not happy about it! Some kids never grow up and my brother is one of those special souls!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 244 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 219 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 158 DAYS

Happy Final Friday of March! What a month it has been. And these counts continue to make us smile. They are the following: 244 days till Thanksgiving, 219 days till November and 158 days till the Bers. Bam. That's how we end the week here. Glad everyone had fun with the poll yesterday. And in 8 days we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. That's another BAM. And of course Tuesday we'll end March and Wednesday we'll begin April. That's how we roll around here right? Keeping it going. Any Friday is good but today it feels like it's been a long week so I'm glad it's TGIF. Let's enjoy the weekend ahead as much as possible and enjoy all of the little things. On Thanksgiving? We enjoy all the little things and the BIG things like the plate in front of us. That's not so little is it? Have a great Final Friday of March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 243 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 218 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 157 DAYS

Happy Last Weekend of March! This has been a "long month" hasn't it? I think the virus slowed down time a bit. But I think that's a good thing for us to appreciate each day more and more. Now these 3 counts despite that have all lowered nicely this month. The following counts keep lowering here: 243 days till Thanksgiving, 218 days till November and 157 days till the Bers. 3 counts all moving along in the right direction. That's the only direction we see them go in is lowering. It's Saturday folks! Any special plans this weekend? I bet most of you can't tell the difference as much from the week to the weekend huh? It's all tangled together now the way things are. We have some rain moving in later but for now it's a dry morning. What's everyone else up to this weekend? Calling all turkey lovers for their plans for this weekend. Have a great Last Weekend of March!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
March has been a long month, and today we are expecting severe thunderstorms and hail. I agree it is getting harder to differentiate between weekdays and the weekend, so I am hoping that if I use today to do my "normal" weekend chores it will feel more like a Saturday. Tomorrow I hope to make a menu for the week and look ahead and start my grocery list for a mid-week pick-up. Hopefully, a new movie and some puzzle time will make it feel more like the weekend! Checking in here is also a weekend treat!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I agree the last 2 weeks seems to have slowed down a bit. I am catching up on things around the house and I do have to head to the grocery store at some point..maybe later tonight when less people are out.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 242 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 217 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 156 DAYS

Happy Sportsless Sunday! Not really any sports on t.v. these days but we have other things to keep us entertained. Like what? Like these 3 countdowns which you can find here daily. They are 242 days until Thanksgiving, 217 days until November and 156 days until the Bers. Entertained enough? Those are 3 key countdowns for sure that we all can enjoy. And enjoy we do. Don't we? Looks like another cloudy day. Not a great weekend here with the weather. But it's still the weekend. And we have a big week ahead here in this thread. Why? Tuesday we say farewell to March. Wednesday we welcome in April. Thursday CW will give us a great Thanksgiving show. And Saturday we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. Enough reasons to be excited for next week? I'd say so. I hope you all have a great day. Have a great Sportsless Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 241 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 216 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 155 DAYS

Happy Next to Last Day of March! This month is winding down now. But we have 3 counts that are not winding down any time soon thankfully. They are the following: 241 days till Thanksgiving; 216 days till November; 155 days till the Bers. In 5 days (which would be a glorious Saturday) we will celebrate the 150 day marker to the Bers. Amazing and incredible isn't it? We will be as close to 100 as we will be to 200 for the Bers. Scary times ahead already. Tomorrow we'll bid farewell to March. It's been a heck of a unique month that's for sure with everything going on. My Grandmother used to say "March is Crazy." She meant the weather but obviously this year other things apply to that. Better days are ahead though in more ways than one. By the way, someone outside of MMC mentioned to me they were having a turkey dinner this weekend and I got so excited. Have a great Next to Last Day of March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 240 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 215 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 154 DAYS

Happy Farewell to March! What a month huh? You could say that again. The world changed this month. But 3 countdowns also changed (for the better). They are that we now end the month with 240 days until Thanksgiving. We say adios to March with 215 days until November. We tip our hat to March with 154 days until the Bers. 3 counts folks. And no matter what life throws at us those 3 things are things we are passionate about and will make the most of under ANY circumstances. And this whole thing has taught people to take one day at a time more. I think that it's definitely taught me that. Not to rush anything. Not to force anything. Not to take anything for granted. And know what those life lessons make me remember about? It reminds me of Thanksgiving because I remember on Thanksgiving how I just stopped several times for a few minutes and just let the joy of the day take me over and how appreciative I was just for that day and moment. Thanksgiving taught us this lesson before the corona virus ever did. Have a great Farewell to March!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Goodbye to March!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 239 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 214 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 153 DAYS

Happy Welcome to April! Here we go into the 5th month folks since November. Amazing isn't it? And let's look at 3 other amazing things this morning. We have 239 days until Thanksgiving. We have 214 days until November. We have 153 days until the Bers. Those are 3 amazing counts if you ask me and ones we are all looking forward to for sure. Other than that? It's a sunny day to start off April. A nice early spring day. Lots of brighter and warmer days ahead. That's what April brings and represents. Oh today is Wednesday. So what? That means tomorrow is our favorite day of the week. And guess who is going to deliver a great Thanksgiving show/video for us to enjoy? I give you one guess. His initials are CW. I guess that gives it away. Now let's hope for a better April than March. Don't forget on Saturday we reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. It's going to be fun to celebrate that here. Have a great Welcome to April!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image