Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am B. We put our turkey in around 9:30 or so. We typically don't eat until 4 or 4:30.

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
A.) I am up before 7 am, and like to start by getting buns or pastry into the oven, and enjoy the peaceful anticipation of the day ahead.

Just thinking about it makes me smile! Thanks, Edge!!!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I love the way the house smells when the turkey has been in the oven for a while.
I'm starting to get that "Thanksiving Feeling" if you know what I mean. I may have to put a Thanksgiving Day Parade on in the background while I work. ;)

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I love the way the house smells when the turkey has been in the oven for a while.
I'm starting to get that "Thanksiving Feeling" if you know what I mean. I may have to put a Thanksgiving Day Parade on in the background while I work. ;)
Yes, this is the best!!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm watching (mostly listening to) the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Oh, I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 189 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 164 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 103 DAYS

Happy Marching Towards Memorial Day! Back to Back beautiful days here. The weather has been really nice this week leading into the holiday weekend. What's better than a 3 day weekend? How about these 3 counts? Thanksgiving has 189 days left to go. November has 164 days left to go. The Bers has 103 days left to go. Yup those 3 are pretty awesome. Oh it's Thursday so our weekly count to Thanksgiving is down to 27 weeks. Now you don't have to be a math major to realize next Thursday we'll be halfway in the weeks count. But before that on Wednesday we will officially be Halfway to Thanksgiving. BUT before that we will reach our 6th "26th" on Tuesday. And BEFORE that we'll reach the 100 day marker to the Bers on Sunday. Ok enough stuff in the next week? It's jam packed. Oh it's Thursday so that means...time for a Thanksgiving poll:
What time do you normally wake up on Thanksgiving morning to start preparing for the big day?
A.) Before 7 AM
B.) Between 7AM and 8AM
C.) Between 8AM and 9AM
D.) Not until after 9AM (I like to sleep in!)

My answer is very close between A and B. I'd probably say B though because if I do get up before 7 it's not much before. Most of the time it would be 7 - 7:15 in that range. What about you? Have fun with the poll. Have a great Marching Towards Memorial Day!​
It’s A for me only because I’m up by 6 on my days off automatically..

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 188 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 163 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 102 DAYS

Happy Memorial TGIF! We have 188 days to go until Thanksgiving. We have 163 days to go until November. We have 102 days to go until The Bers. And we have 2 days to go until our next milestone which is the 100 day marker to The Bers. Sound good? BIG weekend ahead. Milestone after milestone will happen over the remaining of this month and this weekend begins the long summer road back to the Bers and to Labor Day Weekend. Amazing. Didn't we just start this thread last year in late November? I feel like the 1st half has gone too fast. And speaking of "half" the Halfway marker to Thanksgiving will happen in 5 days on Wednesday. After that there's no more uphills to go. Scary stuff but exciting. I really love summer. I made the change to shorts a few days ago and am not looking back. I love this time of year. It's not hot yet. And yet it's warm enough to really enjoy and not be cold anymore. It's a great feeling. Ok folks ready for a big 3 day holiday weekend? I am. Have a great Memorial TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I think that long road back to the Bers will be shorter than we expect. ;)

And as far as I'm concerned, we are two days from hitting the final "stretch" of that road, once we hit the 100 days marker!

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Thanksgiving is the first day that my wife “allows” Christmas carols to be openly playing in the house for all to hear. I always wake up early and walk the dogs. Then I grab a cup of coffee and put on the parade while I shop online for Christmas gifts. When the turkey hits the oven, that smell fills the entire house. Hearing the Time-Life Treasury of Christmas and smelling the turkey cook...... just thinking about it now is almost breaking my heart. I love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is an amazing day. The official beginning of the Christmas season and sharing such a delicious meal with the people I love most in the world!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 187 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 162 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 101 DAYS

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! We made it folks to the biggest Non-Bers weekend of the year. How's that sound? Well how's this sound? 187 days are left until Thanksgiving. 162 days are left until November. And last but certainly not least 101 days are left until The Bers. That's the one we're focused on at this moment as we reach the 100 day marker to The Bers TOMORROW! That's when I'll open up a new thread in chit chat named simply: "The Bers". And I encourage everyone to post whatever they want whenever they want. It's really going to be more of "whatever you feel like posting" than any special format. It should be fun and it's something we all think about all year so we'll all want to have random talks/pics and things to talk about The Bers all year long. Ok well it's Saturday and it's a dreary and damp one here but things should brighten up as the 3 day holiday weekend progresses. Let's hope the weather people are correct in that forecast. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I can't believe tomorrow is 100 until the Bers, and I can't wait for the new thread!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
"Bers Thread" dedicated only to everything The Bers:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 186 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 161 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 100 DAYS

Happy Memorial Day Eve! Anyone notice anything above? Well we have 186 days till Thanksgiving. We have 161 days till November. Ok. We have 100 days till the Bers. We made it! A BIG milestone today. The 100 day marker to the Bers. TOMORROW? Double Digits! Yeah...goodbye 100s. No more triple digits count to the Bers until January 2021. Think about that. Insanity. We reach our 6th "26th" on Tuesday, Halfway to Thanksgiving Marker Wednesday and Official Halfway to Thanksgiving Day (26 weeks, weekly marker) on Thursday with CW posting a special Thanksgiving video for us. We also bid farewell to another month (May) 1 week from today. That enough stuff? I'd say so. If we have anymore stuff I don't know what I would do. I'd have to be up all night trying to fit everything into this thread. "The Bers" thread has been started and link is in my previous post. Hope you all contribute. Seriously "whatever" you want please post. It can be anything and I can tell you I'll be posting in there multiple times per day. Sometimes it might be as simple as "I saw my first sign of Halloween in the stores today" or it could be as simple as a picture of Thanksgiving parade. Or it could even be a simple thought like "I wonder if schools will start on time in September." Anything. Everything involving the Bers. Have a great Memorial Day Eve!​

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT? 100 DAYS UNTIL THE BERS....

I love seeing double digits on our countdowns...it means our time of year is close...and the BERS is the kickoff to our time of year.

Awesome.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 189 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 164 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 103 DAYS

Happy Marching Towards Memorial Day! Back to Back beautiful days here. The weather has been really nice this week leading into the holiday weekend. What's better than a 3 day weekend? How about these 3 counts? Thanksgiving has 189 days left to go. November has 164 days left to go. The Bers has 103 days left to go. Yup those 3 are pretty awesome. Oh it's Thursday so our weekly count to Thanksgiving is down to 27 weeks. Now you don't have to be a math major to realize next Thursday we'll be halfway in the weeks count. But before that on Wednesday we will officially be Halfway to Thanksgiving. BUT before that we will reach our 6th "26th" on Tuesday. And BEFORE that we'll reach the 100 day marker to the Bers on Sunday. Ok enough stuff in the next week? It's jam packed. Oh it's Thursday so that means...time for a Thanksgiving poll:
What time do you normally wake up on Thanksgiving morning to start preparing for the big day?
A.) Before 7 AM
B.) Between 7AM and 8AM
C.) Between 8AM and 9AM
D.) Not until after 9AM (I like to sleep in!)

My answer is very close between A and B. I'd probably say B though because if I do get up before 7 it's not much before. Most of the time it would be 7 - 7:15 in that range. What about you? Have fun with the poll. Have a great Marching Towards Memorial Day!​
A.

It is probably my favorite morning of the year. I get up, enjoy the quite, read the boards, look at the Black Friday ads in the newspaper, start cooking, and enjoy the parade.

Do you feel your heart smile when you think about it? I swear I do.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image