Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 193 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 168 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 107 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of May! We made it into the 2nd half. This half of the month we're going to have the BEST and MOST IMPORTANT milestones that we will have here folks until November obviously. Our counts are the following this Sunday: 193 to Thanksgiving, 168 to November, and 107 to the Bers. Ya know, I really think starting that Bers count on January 1 helped us a lot in this thread this year. Look at it! It's only still Mid-May and we're 1 week away from the 100 day marker to the Bers. INCREDIBLE! By the way, I'm considering next Sunday to start a new thread called simply: "The Bers". Would anyone be interested in that? I don't think I could handle more than 1 more thread. I don't want to take away from this thread. I was thinking of starting it even more because of how uncertain everything is this year and that could be a little place to go and talk to about how we're feeling each day about the Bers, questions we have, and also the little things we know we will be able to do that we're looking forward to. Kind of if you had a journal and every day wrote a few things/thoughts you have. That's kind of how I am thinking of doing it. Back to business though we do have 1 week left till the 100 day marker to the Bers. And then we've got the Halfway to Thanksgiving marker with the 6th "26th" coming. Have a great 2nd Half of May!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
"The Bers" sounds like a great thread, I definitely need to focus on everything we have to look forward to!

Looking at how close we are to the 6th "26th" and hitting the 100 day mark until the Bers is great!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 192 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 167 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 106 DAYS

Happy 1 Week Till Memorial Day! The final week before Memorial Day begins today. Who is excited? Show of hands! Well if you want excitement about the upcoming 3-day holiday weekend and the unofficial start of summer then maybe you should look at the countdowns today because they are exciting! 192 days remain till Thanksgiving, 167 days remain till November, and 106 days remain till the Bers. The Bers folks on Sunday will be down to 100 days. I will start a Bers thread in "Chit Chat" so look for it then. It won't be like the Hang Out with a full topic written about every day and it won't be a main countdown thread like Thanksgiving Thread. It will be something kind of in between with more random posts/thoughts on the Bers. Ok so next Monday we will have our Memorial Day BBQ. I look forward to that. But first things first and that is to enjoy today because Covid-19 has taught us in 2020 is to enjoy every day as much as you can. Everyone follow that lead. Have a great 1 Week Till Memorial Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
"The Bers" sounds like a great thread, I definitely need to focus on everything we have to look forward to!

Looking at how close we are to the 6th "26th" and hitting the 100 day mark until the Bers is great!

Is there a seperate thread somewhere here celebrating the 'bers? I must have missed it!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Is there a seperate thread somewhere here celebrating the 'bers? I must have missed it!
I think it will start this Sunday. Link to be shared here I'm sure.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I think it will start this Sunday. Link to be shared here I'm sure.

Oh that is going to be awesome! When we do hit 100 days, it will go fast. I remember last summer, once that first weekend came that I finally saw the Christmas stuff out for sale at Hobby Lobby, and not just spotted waiting in the tubs, bare isles, etc... it seemed like it FLEW after that. Within weeks, Christmas, Fall, and Halloween were all there together. Big Box stores jumped on board the same way in late July - early August, and it was just magical. Just such an amazing time. The best of the year for sure, like we always say!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Oh that is going to be awesome! When we do hit 100 days, it will go fast. I remember last summer, once that first weekend came that I finally saw the Christmas stuff out for sale at Hobby Lobby, and not just spotted waiting in the tubs, bare isles, etc... it seemed like it FLEW after that. Within weeks, Christmas, Fall, and Halloween were all there together. Big Box stores jumped on board the same way in late July - early August, and it was just magical. Just such an amazing time. The best of the year for sure, like we always say!
This was out at our Hobby Lobby last year on May 1st. So I'm sure it won't be long now.

Photo May 01, 7 26 58 PM.jpgPhoto May 01, 7 27 18 PM.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 191 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 166 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 105 DAYS

Happy Kane Day! The sun is out this morning which is nice in what was expected to be a mainly cloudy week. Anyone else already excited about this coming weekend? I'm not rushing it but folks really this weekend is the biggest turning point we have in the entire calendar year. Let's look at our counts. We have 191 to go till Thanksgiving. We have 166 to go till November. We have 105 to go till the Bers. That's 3 counts all going ahead along at their nice paces. Sunday we reach the 100 day marker to the Bers and I hope all of you will follow me to chit chat where I will create a thread simply known as "The Bers." I'm surprised we don't have an ongoing thread with that. I know the Holiday Hangout talks about a lot of Bers topics on and off throughout the year in detail but we don't really have a 24/7 Bers thread where only Bers stuff is talked about year round (even when it's ya know St. Patrick's Day and such). I'm trying to come up with how to go about it and I think really it's just going to vary day to day which will make it fun instead of a stricter format like we have here mostly and in the Hang Out. Have a great Kane Day!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Love seeing all these counts in the 100's!

Reactions: Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
This was out at our Hobby Lobby last year on May 1st. So I'm sure it won't be long now.

View attachment 69491View attachment 69492

I am planning another Hobby Lobby Run on Friday or Saturday here this week, to see what, if anything, has changed since i first spotted Christmas stuff in tubs two weeks ago. It would just feel amazing if I go in there this week and see anything even close to this!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I am planning another Hobby Lobby Run on Friday or Saturday here this week, to see what, if anything, has changed since i first spotted Christmas stuff in tubs two weeks ago. It would just feel amazing if I go in there this week and see anything even close to this!
I stopped in a Hobby Lobby in Hilton Head, SC Saturday and they had NOTHING out as far as Christmas or Fall. Not even in tubs.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I stopped in a Hobby Lobby in Hilton Head, SC Saturday and they had NOTHING out as far as Christmas or Fall. Not even in tubs.

I have had a feeling for a while now that it varies by region, etc.. One of my best friends lives just an hour away from me to the south, and last year by the middle of May, they were jammed with both Christmas and fall stuff. They even put out their full-sized Christmas Trees by the second week of June. Up here where I am, we had all of the mini-trees and everything else, but the full-sized trees did not go out until right after July 4th weekend!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I have had a feeling for a while now that it varies by region, etc.. One of my best friends lives just an hour away from me to the south, and last year by the middle of May, they were jammed with both Christmas and fall stuff. They even put out their full-sized Christmas Trees by the second week of June. Up here where I am, we had all of the mini-trees and everything else, but the full-sized trees did not go out until right after July 4th weekend!
I wonder if it depends on how much of the Spring/Summer merchandise is purchased. Maybe they have to wait until certain date or until the shelves clear out before they move on to the next season. Some stores may sell more items faster. #idunno

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 190 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 165 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 104 DAYS

Happy Late May! The sun is shining here another morning this week. I'm glad this week has turned out to be nicer than the predictions were last weekend. We have 190 days to go till Thanksgiving. We have 165 days to go till November. We have 104 days to go till the Bers. You know Sunday is the day for the 100 day marker to the Bers by now. And then next week we reach Memorial Day which leads us to our 6th "26th"' and Halfway Marker to Thanksgiving. Then it's downhill for the rest of this thread. My goodness. I don't want to think about this going too fast now. I'll need a poll for tomorrow since it's Thursday. Let me see what I can come up with this week. And I will see how it turns out. Ok is everyone ready for the middle of the week? You should be because we have a big 3 day holiday weekend ahead of us and that is the biggest turning point of the Non-Bers year. Have a great Late May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 190 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 165 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 104 DAYS

Happy Late May! The sun is shining here another morning this week. I'm glad this week has turned out to be nicer than the predictions were last weekend. We have 190 days to go till Thanksgiving. We have 165 days to go till November. We have 104 days to go till the Bers. You know Sunday is the day for the 100 day marker to the Bers by now. And then next week we reach Memorial Day which leads us to our 6th "26th"' and Halfway Marker to Thanksgiving. Then it's downhill for the rest of this thread. My goodness. I don't want to think about this going too fast now. I'll need a poll for tomorrow since it's Thursday. Let me see what I can come up with this week. And I will see how it turns out. Ok is everyone ready for the middle of the week? You should be because we have a big 3 day holiday weekend ahead of us and that is the biggest turning point of the Non-Bers year. Have a great Late May!​

Happy to see a fellow holiday lover mention that Memorial Day is the turning point. I have always felt that it sort of passes the torch to begin the upcoming run of holidays / days off, etc... I work in a private company so we have no days off after New Year's day, until Memorial Day. After Memorial Day passes, there are 7 months left in the year, with Holidays/days off occuring in four of the seven remaining months.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 189 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 164 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 103 DAYS

Happy Marching Towards Memorial Day! Back to Back beautiful days here. The weather has been really nice this week leading into the holiday weekend. What's better than a 3 day weekend? How about these 3 counts? Thanksgiving has 189 days left to go. November has 164 days left to go. The Bers has 103 days left to go. Yup those 3 are pretty awesome. Oh it's Thursday so our weekly count to Thanksgiving is down to 27 weeks. Now you don't have to be a math major to realize next Thursday we'll be halfway in the weeks count. But before that on Wednesday we will officially be Halfway to Thanksgiving. BUT before that we will reach our 6th "26th" on Tuesday. And BEFORE that we'll reach the 100 day marker to the Bers on Sunday. Ok enough stuff in the next week? It's jam packed. Oh it's Thursday so that means...time for a Thanksgiving poll:
What time do you normally wake up on Thanksgiving morning to start preparing for the big day?
A.) Before 7 AM
B.) Between 7AM and 8AM
C.) Between 8AM and 9AM
D.) Not until after 9AM (I like to sleep in!)

My answer is very close between A and B. I'd probably say B though because if I do get up before 7 it's not much before. Most of the time it would be 7 - 7:15 in that range. What about you? Have fun with the poll. Have a great Marching Towards Memorial Day!​

Reactions: Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
A. We get up very early to get the bird in the oven then go back to bed for about an hour.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image