Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Today we start our first annual Biweekly Thanksgiving movie post. I doubt I can round up enough movies to do a weekly movie post without repeating them. Lets get the 1st movie posted in the next post.
Well done CW. You keep that going every other week and I'll alternate with you with something else on the "other" Thursdays. Hmm now I gotta think of something for next Thursday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 349 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 324 DAYS

Happy Friday the 13th of Christmas! We are rolling into a big time December Weekend ahead. Oh yeah Christmas is only 12 days away. Is that close enough for you? Well let's look at OUR countdowns here. We have 349 days until Thanksgiving 2019. We have 324 days until November 2020 arrives. Both are moving down slowly but surely. No rush even though I'm not loving the cold weather. Right now I don't mind it as much because it feels like Christmas. We had snow a couple of times this month already. I'm home sick today so maybe I could turn on the Macy's parade. What do you think? It's still fresh enough in my mind. And I didn't watch it from start to finish on Thanksgiving Day. It would be cool to watch it a bit. Anyone else have it on DVR? Have a great Friday the 13th of Christmas!​

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
[QUOTE="Edge612

I'm home sick today so maybe I could turn on the Macy's parade. What do you think? It's still fresh enough in my mind. And I didn't watch it from start to finish on Thanksgiving Day. It would be cool to watch it a bit. Anyone else have it on DVR? Have a great Friday the 13th of Christmas!​
[/QUOTE]
I have the parade on dvr as well I will watch it a little bit here and there until next Thanksgiving.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
[QUOTE="Edge612

I'm home sick today so maybe I could turn on the Macy's parade. What do you think? It's still fresh enough in my mind. And I didn't watch it from start to finish on Thanksgiving Day. It would be cool to watch it a bit. Anyone else have it on DVR? Have a great Friday the 13th of Christmas!​
I have the parade on dvr as well I will watch it a little bit here and there until next Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]Might be something I do every Thursday for like 10 minutes at a time. Just to get a small taste every week of the year.

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 348 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 323 DAYS

Happy Weekend Before Christmas Weekend! 348 days are still left until Thanksgiving 2020. But only 323 days until November 2020 remain. That's how we start this December Weekend Countdown-wise here. Oh it's a rare rainy Saturday morning but it's already tapering off. Most of the rain fell overnight on Friday. But no snow :(. We may get a little bit next week but we'll see. Luckily our Thanksgiving weather turned out ok this year but I don't have the 348 day forecast to tell you what the predictions are for November 26, 2020 yet. But we have plenty of time to get ready for that. But we don't have plenty of time to get ready for Christmas! Anyone have turkey on Christmas? I don't but I know some people do it (or ham). Let us know your meal plans for Christmas Eve/Day when you get a chance. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey is still the best right Thanksgiving fans? Have a great Weekend Before Christmas Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Ham and a debone stuffed turkey for me with a marinated venison roast. Looks like a full house for me.
Full house this year huh CW? Seems like this year you've had that more for the holidays. Think it makes it more fun doesn't it?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 347 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 322 DAYS

Happy Christmassy Sunday! We have a decent day shaping up here as the sun should come out. And as the sun does hopefully come out let's look at our countdowns this Sunday morning. We have 347 days until Thanksgiving 2020. We have 322 days until November 2020. Both countdowns are moving along already here in Mid-December. It's a great feeling this time of year. It almost feels like a free pass in December because we're enjoying being within the holiday season so we don't have to worry about Thanksgiving yet. It's like this time of year is all one big extension of Thanksgiving. That's why I love that day and week so much is because of what it brings us...the best time of year. I'm ready for a good Sunday and hope you are too. Have a great Christmassy Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
We made applesauce cookies yesterday and have gingerbread dough marinating in the fridge for today. Think I would rather have a whole turkey brining instead.
I was hoping you'd go for a turkey this year on Christmas. Sounds like mostly ham eh?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Turkey and prime rib for us on Christmas. I will even make one for New Years by then I will have had my fill for a little while anyway besides the soup I make that goes in the freezer
Oh nice RR. Keep us updated on that Christmas Meal! Sounds delicious. After New Years you don't have it much I bet until Thanksgiving huh?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 346 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 321 DAYS

Happy Final Week Before Christmas! It's amazing where we are on the calendar now folks. I mean how the heck is this the last week before Christmas? But it is. Fortunately for us that means we have tons of time before we get too close to November and Thanksgiving again. How far are we? Well we have 346 days until Thanksgiving 2020. And we have 321 days until November arrives again. Still lots of time to go before either one gets remotely close. And that's a good thing. Oh by the way Saturday will begin winter and we'll begin our 3 season journey back to the best season of all Autumn. It's insane how all the best things seem to fall in Autumn. No pun intended. But we still have this week to enjoy the build until we reach that and Christmas Weekend. Have a great Final Week Before Christmas Monday!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image