Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Did you also know that there's only 20 days until Autumn? :oops:
And Daylight Savings Time also ends in 60 days?

I celebrate "Fall Back" and the end of Daylight Savings too! I also have a list of bi-annual chores and prepping for winter tasks that I do that weekend. Definitely an unofficial milestone! 60 days! Wow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 84 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 59 DAYS

Happy Sweet Spot September! Indeed this is the month I coined the "Sweet Spot" last year and it really feels it doesn't it? And the sweet spot is here in the countdowns as well. We only have 2 out of 3 left so let's treasure them. We have 84 days left until Thanksgiving & 59 days remaining until November. It's Thursday so I will translate the weekly count to Thanksgiving to 12 weeks (a dozen). I thought yesterday it was time for a poll but it's not. I did one last week. So we summon and call on the great CW to give us a special Thanksgiving video post with only 6 to go after this until Thanksgiving Day. Maybe he'll post a parade for us today. I'm in the mood to check a Macy's parade out soon. Have a great Sweet Spot September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm really thinking about buying our turkey soon for this year's Thanksgiving. Prices are so low right now, it would be a really good time to go ahead and get one. I remember last year, right before Christmas, Costco had butterball turkeys from 5 and 10 dollars! We got one then, and that was the turkey that we used for our very first smoked Turkey that we ate for Rudolph Day # 1 in January.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Reactions: Edge612

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I'm really thinking about buying our turkey soon for this year's Thanksgiving. Prices are so low right now, it would be a really good time to go ahead and get one. I remember last year, right before Christmas, Costco had butterball turkeys from 5 and 10 dollars! We got one then, and that was the turkey that we used for our very first smoked Turkey that we ate for Rudolph Day # 1 in January.

Oooo, great idea. There is a real possibility that COVID-19 will disrupt our usual family celebration this year, and if so we'll just be having Thanksgiving here at home. Not only do I need to pick up a turkey, but I also need to learn to cook one!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 83 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 58 DAYS

Happy Labor Day TGIF! The long holiday weekend is coming folks. Are you ready for it? Well I hope these 2 countdowns we have remaining you are ready for: 83 days till Thanksgiving and 58 days till November. Those are the 2 counts you should always keep with you all of the time. In 8 days (that would be 1 week from Saturday) we will reach our next milestone of the 50-Day Marker to November. That will indeed be a big one for us here but we're in no rush to even get there. After all, we are in THE BERS. And I'm totally loving it so far 3 days in (with today being the 4th). CW delivered another great video for us and we're thankful for that. Great job as always CW and thanks for helping me out. Have a great Labor Day TGIF!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 82 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 57 DAYS

Happy Labor Day Weekend! It's a holiday weekend folks and early on in The Bers too. We only have gone through 4 days of The Bers and I can tell you that I definitely feel the difference. Let's see if we feel the difference in the following countdowns: 82 days till Thanksgiving & 57 days till November. I do feel a difference there and in 1 weeks time we'll be here celebrating the milestone of the 50-Day Marker to November. That will be a huge one for sure. We're enjoying September though here. I know you all are. We waited a long time to get here and we finally made it. Must take in every moment that you can. Life just feels a little better and happier during The Bers doesn't it? Have a great Labor Day Weekend!​

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Everything does feel a little bit better now that the Bers are here, and I am not in a rush to have them fly by. I hope each month goes slow enough for us all to enjoy it. The milestones and camaraderie have made the wait easier and I am looking forward to the next four months!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Its been Bbq time here off and on all day. Its a big day for all us sauce and dry rub lovers!

I just bought some new sauce today to try out for Labor Day. Ironic that I live in Texas but actually prefer dry rub BBQ which is not common here. We Texans tend to drown everything in BBQ sauce, lol.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I still have two organic turkey breasts in the freezer. I'm giving one to my sister-in-law Monday and I'll thaw out the other for me.

For the past few years, I've just ordered the complete cooked dinner from Whole Foods. It isn't cheap but very little work heating and serving. I order two pies from Gold Belly.

My brother fell again yesterday. Fortunately, it was on the grass. He was out walking and just got too tired. He has a fancy walker but my sister-in-law can't seem to make him use it.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I was at Costco today, and seeing all of the hustle and bustle put me in a very jolly mood. It FELT like it could be right before Thanksgiving, or Christmas! It's just that buzz from a holiday weekend. Magic is in the air now, folks. Oh yeah, BTW, Costco now has their Christmas trees out. I think this is the earliest i have ever saw Costco put them out. I feel like last year, it was not until the end of the month!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 81 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 56 DAYS

Happy Labor Day Eve! It's a beautiful day here (again). September weather can be some of the nicest weather there is in this part of the country. Everyone feeling their first 5 days of The Bers is a nice little preview of what's to come? Well here's a preview of more of what's to come: 81 days till Thanksgiving & 56 days till November. That is a preview we have been previewing since LAST YEAR on Thanksgiving Night. That's how long we have been longing for those milestones. And now we continue on our road towards the next milestone which is the 50-Day Marker to November. That happens in 6 days next Saturday. You do not want to miss that. Enjoy the sun & fun today. Have a great Labor Day Eve!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 80 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 55 DAYS

Happy Labor Day! We made it everyone to the big holiday in September. This is such a big turning point in the year. It really starts to show us that the end of summer is nearing slowly but surely. We have 80 days till Thanksgiving. We have 55 days till November. In 5 days we'll celebrate our next milestone on Saturday when we reach the 50-Day Marker to November. We like to call it around these parts as the "Final Fifty" and it will indeed be that for November. I'm looking forward to that big milestone this coming weekend. But right now I'm looking forward to having a BBQ today. It's the farewell to summer in a way. But I am holding on to every last bit of summer that I can. Have a great Labor Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 79 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 54 DAYS

Happy September Work! Here we now go back to work after the long Labor Day Holiday Weekend. It was a good one here and I hope you all had a good one as well. The Thanksgiving Thread? We don't take holidays here so the posts continued for the entire 3 day weekend. And they continue today with these counts: 79 days till Thanksgiving & 54 days till November. On Saturday (my favorite day of the week) we'll reach our next milestone as the "Final Fifty" arrives for November. How about that? Just shows you that we're really in The Bers now. Still enjoying having 2 counts as opposed to 3. I think we're in a great spot now folks. We're in The Bers but we still have the Big 3 ahead of us. Have a great September Work!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Look at those counts. LOVE IT!!!

Reactions: Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums