Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 249 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 224 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 163 DAYS

Happy Spring Sunday! Believe it or not we may have a little snow tonight here. Nothing much but still it's spring! But it happens. Now let's look at something more fascinating than spring snow. These 3 countdowns. We have 249 days until Thanksgiving. We have 224 days until November. We have 163 days until the Bers. 3 big counts but not quite as big as they once were. And look at Thanksgiving now closer to 200 than 300. See ya 300s. You're just a distant memory now for all 3 of our counts. In 4 days (that would be Thursday) we'll reach our 4th "26th" and celebrate here over that. And in 13 days we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. Marker after marker is how we do it here and that's why these counts have been moving along nicely in this thread. This month of March has been a strange one but also a fast one I think. Let's all be positive and have a great Sunday while drooling over CW's pics above. Have a great Spring Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 248 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 223 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 162 DAYS

Happy Work From Home! A lot of us are doing that these days and it makes you almost wish it was Thanksgiving so we could just well...stay home and have turkey every day (hey not a bad idea). We have 248 days until Thanksgiving. We have 223 days until November. We have 162 days until the Bers. That's 3 counts to start off your work week. And that's 3 counts that all decreased by 1 since yesterday. Funny how that happens every single day isn't it? Now we have a big day coming up on Thursday here. It will be our 4th "26th" and we'll celebrate with a special bi-weekly Thanksgiving Day Poll. Looking forward to it? And of course we have that 150 day marker to the Bers that I know many of you are eyeing in just 12 days. That's all coming up here in the Thanksgiving thread in the near future. Have a great Work From Home!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am so excited to see our 4th "26th" later this week. I don't know if I am longing for Thanksgiving, or just missing the feeling of happy anticipation, but I am thinking about the days leading up to Thanksgiving and how each day feels so purposeful and important as I prep for the holiday. Even though this is just an ordinary week (actually it is anything but), so I guess I should say non-holiday week, I am going to try to find the joy in checking jobs of my to-do list. I hope you all do have a great week of working from home.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 247 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 222 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 161 DAYS

Happy Spring Tuesday! It is a spring-like day out there and the sun is shining thankfully after a terrible weather day on Monday. It was raw, snowy, sleety, rainy and in the 30s. Talk about ugly. Well these 3 counts right here are anything but ugly. We have 247 days until Thanksgiving. We have 222 days (triple 2's) until November. We have 161 days until the Bers. All 3 counts move forward today just like yesterday. Funny how that happens isn't it? And our 26th is just 2 days away folks which will be our 4th one. And after that we have the 150 day marker in 11 days which is for the Bers as you can tell from the counts above. Awesome stuff in a crazy world these days. And hopefully time will help and things will get better so by the time we reach those 3 counts above we'll be in a better situation than we are now. Coach if you're going to make that turkey you can pass it around here :). Have a great Spring Tuesday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 246 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 221 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 160 DAYS

Happy Home Hump Day! Let's get right to our 3 countdowns this mid-week morning. Indeed we have 246 days until Thanksgiving. Of course, we have 221 days until November. Finally, we have 160 days till the Bers. Next up is our 4th "26th" TOMORROW! And we'll celebrate here with a bi-weekly Thanksgiving poll as we make every Thursday extra special in this thread and rightfully so. It should be fun as always. Today we have a Wednesday so let's enjoy it for what it is. Oh yeah don't forget in 10 days we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. That will be huge. When you think about it overall next week will be huge because we'll end March and begin April which will be our 5th month since November. Those numbers are all starting to climb in the right direction here in early spring. Love spring. Have a great Home Hump Day!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
So exciting to have the 4th "26th" fall on a Thursday and a Thanksgiving Poll to look forward to.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 245 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 220 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 159 DAYS

Happy Late March! It's Thursday! Our favorite day of the week here in this thread for multiple reasons (and 1 extra reason today). First the 3 main counts: 245 to Thanksgiving, 220 to November, and 159 to the Bers. There. Now the weekly count to Thanksgiving? It's 35 weeks till Thanksgiving. Now we're halfway through the 30s. Amazing isn't it? And it's time for bi-weekly poll! Oh wait did I forget something? :) My apologies. Happy 26th #4!!! 8 more to go until the best overall day of the year: Thanksgiving. How's that feel? In 9 days also do not forget we'll reach the 150 day marker to the Bers. Now on to our poll. Sorry I got excited. This is kind of an interesting one I think.
If you could move Thanksgiving Day would you? Here's the choices below.
A.) I'd leave Thanksgiving on a Thursday every year like it's been forever.
B.) I'd move Thanksgiving a day later to Friday.
C.) I'd move Thanksgiving earlier in the week to Monday.
D.) I'd move Thanksgiving to the Saturday of Thanksgiving Week.
My answer is A. I'd leave it because I'm a traditionalist. However, I would ONLY leave it as A if I never have to work on Black Friday because I did work it at my last job and it did make it a little less enjoyable just knowing I had to work the day after. My 2nd choice might be Monday actually IF we could then make it the whole week off for everyone. Have the weekend before Thanksgiving build to the Monday Thanksgiving and then have leftovers and Christmas shop all week. That wouldn't be a bad choice either. Your thoughts?

Have a great Late March!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Definitely A. But remember not too long ago, there was talk of having it on a certain date instead the fourth Thursday? I like keeping it on the fourth Thursday best.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image