Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 231 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 206 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 145 DAYS

Happy Approaching Easter Weekend! It's Thursday everyone! Here? That's like Friday to most people because it's our favorite day in this thread. Our 3 counts are as follows: 231 - Thanksgiving, 206 - November, 145 - the Bers. Weeks? 33 weeks till Thanksgiving. Double 3s! Now it's time for what you're waiting for (I think). It's poll Thursday! As time changes some traditions change too. Some stay the same. But here is my poll question for today.
Which Thanksgivings have been your favorite?
A.) Thanksgivings from Childhood
B.) Thanksgivings from Adulthood
C.) Equal

IF you choose C by the way please explain how they're different so we can see how you enjoyed both. I am going to choose B. Now I had some fun Thanksgivings as a kid but I think as a kid I didn't fully appreciate Thanksgiving. Nothing like now for sure. I think as a kid I was so into Halloween and then immediately I looked at Thanksgiving as simply the start to Christmas time. That's why my answer is A. What about yours?
Have a great Approaching Easter Weekend!​

Last edited:

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Definitely B....I fully appreciate all the time that we get to spend with family and see my niece and nephew that I don't see all the time since they are older and live out of state.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
A. No matter how hard I try, I can never get my mom's dressing to be as good as her's was. It may be that I just miss her so much at the holidays, but instead of admitting that I am sticking with the dressing/stuffing being the deciding factor in choosing between Thanksgivings from my childhood and Thanksgivings now!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
It's gotta be A for me. The smell of turkey roasting takes me back every time. But I also miss my all my grandparents who have passed away. Those were special times.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 230 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 205 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 144 DAYS

Happy Good Friday! Easter Weekend is upon us! That's a big holiday. And it will be a milestone day for us on Sunday on our way to our next milestone on Wednesday which will be the 200 day marker to November. Our 3 counts this Good Friday read like this: 230 to Thanksgiving, 205 to November, 144 to the Bers. 3 counts moving along at their own Good Friday pace. The sun is out here but it's a bit chill this morning. How's everyone else doing? Glad you all enjoyed the poll yesterday and CW coming through with a bonus video for us. That's nice of him isn't it? I can't believe 3 weeks from today will be May 1 and we'll be Halfway back to November. That's just crazy to think of. Let's keep hoping everything gets better. And everyone get ready for Easter Weekend. We'll be here of course with the countdowns. Have a great Good Friday!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Things are good here, the sun is out and no work from home today! I packed up my makeshift office and am going to focus on home today and prepping to make Easter dinner. I hope you are well and have a great day!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I am blessed that my family has remained healthy through all of this, and hopefully stays that way. We are having Easter Dinner on Sunday at my Grandmother's house. It will be just me, my wife, my mom, and my grandmother. Just thinking about all of that does make me think of Thanksgiving for some reason, which is probably the next time we will all get together, possibly we will do it in September for my birthday, if all is still well then.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 229 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 204 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 143 DAYS

Happy Easter Eve! How's everyone this Saturday morning? I love Saturdays. Best day of the week for me. But tomorrow on Sunday we have a big milestone. We reach Easter! A big spring holiday. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our countdowns are as follows: 229 days till Thanksgiving, 204 days till November, 143 days till the Bers. 3 counts all moving along at their own pace doing their own thing. No problems with any of them if you ask me. On Wednesday we will also reach the 200 day marker to November. After that we head into more counts in the 1s than the 2s. Seems too early for such excitement still but it's already happening. No turkey this weekend for anyone? I kind of am craving one in the next few weeks. I only had it once since Thanksgiving Weekend. Might be time soon again to try a little taste of Thanksgiving. Have a great Easter Eve!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Well, I gotta go back for to Thursday.

C.

The past was awesome. I can remember it being more of a formal event...and everyone...EVERYONE...was there. Later...during my teen years...Thanksgivings were spent hunting with Dad. Having Thanksgiving and hunting with Dad were some of the best times in my life.

The present...

I have come to appreciate family more. Plus, I didn't have two little girls and Doc in the past. I'd never want to spend another holiday without them.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 228 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 203 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 142 DAYS

Happy Easter! It's indeed a milestone for us with a big holiday known as Easter. A little different this year for sure but you know how it is. You can make the best of any situation. Make it a great Easter. Just look at our 3 counts though too. We have 228 days till Thanksgiving, 203 days till November and 142 days till the Bers. That's 3 counts moving along in their own way. Our next milestone isn't very far as in it's Wednesday as we hit the 200 day marker to November. Thursday CW will give us a special Thanksgiving video post. Oh and Coach mentioned the 100 day marker to the Bers well believe it or not that happens 6 weeks from today which ironically is the day before Memorial Day. Why ironically? Because I always look at the point from Easter to Memorial Day as being a little journey through the spring and that Memorial Day is the big marker that starts really thinking about the Bers because at that point we only have summer to go through. Ok everyone have a great Happy Easter!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Easter! Have a blessed day!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums