Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Well, that's a tough one....

My LEAST favorite is September. That one is easy....

Love each one for different things...but I guess I would have to go D,C,B,A. To be honest, there isn't a time of the year I like more than from the Saturday before Thanksgiving until the end of November more....It is just that kickoff to the best time of year.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
D, C, B, A for me too. And while I enjoy them all it is definitely the anticipation and build up that makes each one better than the last.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
175.png

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
D, C, B, & A
I like them in reverse order. Which is great. No let down as we go thru them all. The anticipation is the highest in November, but there are more days of the season to enjoy in December. 25 of them!
The only negative to December though is December 26-31 (although still holiday season type feeling) can be a little tough knowing that everything is ending.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 174 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 149 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 88 DAYS

Happy National Donut Day! Well you can't get a free turkey today but you can get a free donut if you choose to. Today's countdowns are as follows: 174 days till Thanksgiving, 149 days till November and 88 days till The Bers. Counts continue moving along nicely. Everyone happy about that? So what's our next milestone you may ask? We actually are at a kind of quiet time now in the count. Our next real milestone isn't till the 26th for our 7th "26th". We've gone through milestone after milestone for seemingly the last 6 weeks. And now we are at a quiet time. A time for us to enjoy the summer and ponder the wonderful time of year ahead known as The Bers. 88 days remain until that begins. 88. Geez. I'm so glad we started that countdown on January 1. It really added something to this thread. I'm at the point of the year now where I'm content and hoping time takes its time moving forward. Have a great National Donut Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 173 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 148 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 87 DAYS

Happy 1st Weekend of June! The big 3 summer months are here and the weekends of them begin today. We have 173 days remaining until Thanksgiving. We have 148 days left until November. We have 87 days to go till The Bers. All counts look good to start the weekend as we focus on our 7th "26th" in 20 days from now. No other real milestones before that unless you want to count my birthday on Friday lol. But seriously Thanksgiving is way better than a birthday. It looks to be a nice weekend here and that's the way I like them. I like my weekends nice and my Thanksgivings full with turkey, stuffing, biscuits, gravy, football and the parade. That's what I like to see. And who doesn't? We all do. That's why we bond here in this thread on a daily basis. Alright let's hope everyone here is about to enjoy their weekend because that is very important. We all got to enjoy each day as much as we can no matter what. That's what we've learned in 2020 due to everything that has gone on in the world. Now enjoy your turkey world and get ready for a good weekend. Have a great 1st Weekend of June!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 172 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 147 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 86 DAYS

Happy Week Into June! It's about as nice of a day as you can get today. And that's the way I love the weather to be on the weekends. We have 172 days left until Thanksgiving; 147 days left until November; and 86 days left until The Bers. That is good stuff to hear isn't it? Our next milestone won't be until the 26th of the month when we reach that milestone for the 7th time. That's in 19 days. It will be a Friday. I'm loving where we are now. That's why really I always say it but Memorial Day Weekend is the biggest milestone of the year when it comes to the 1st 8 months of the year. It really brings you to summer and everything is getting closer but still ahead of you. Any turkey dinners for anyone this time of year? It's getting hotter to put the oven on so maybe most of you will be having cooler meals in the summer heat. It should be a good day though no matter what your plans are. It's Sunday and the weekend still! Have a great Week Into June!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
No turkey dinners planned here either, but the countdown reminds me that soon enough I will be able to start my turkey search. My brother has told me about a turkey farm about 45 miles away and says he'll take me there later in the summer, I just have to buy him lunch! Sounds like a deal to me!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I plan on getting a Turkey for "Christmas in July." I figure, by then, it will be safe for me to venture over to Whole Foods in Winter park, a little over an hour away.

56484298-happy-sunday-word-two-cups-of-coffee-and-stand-together-to-be-heart-shape-on-yellow-b...jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 171 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 146 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 85 DAYS

Happy Week 2 of June! It's a beautiful sunny Monday morning here in late spring. I know to us it's really summer though. Let's be real Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend is summer time. And we love it for that. Now what else do we love besides summer? It's the following countdowns of course: 171 days till Thanksgiving, 146 days till November, and 85 days till The Bers. I love all 3 of those countdowns. And I love the fact that we will in 18 days reach our 7th "26th". That is going to be so awesome I can tell. And it should be a heck of a time here celebrating it. All 3 counts are calm this month of June after a crazy May of milestone after milestone. Now things settle down as we roll through the summer time. But those milestones will start coming back again relatively soon. Who's ready to have a good week this week? All of us I hope. Thursday we have CW coming and bringing us another great Thanksgiving video. Can't wait! Have a great Week 2 of June!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 170 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 145 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 84 DAYS

Happy Jogging Thru June! Another beautiful day here. Can't complain about this weather. Can't complain about these 3 counts either. 170 left until Thanksgiving. 145 days to go until November. And 84 days remain until The Bers. 17 days are left to go until our 7th "26th". Woot. Also notice that we are 20 days away from the 150 day marker to Thanksgiving. BAM. And that actually falls on the 29th of June, followed by the end of June and beginning of July so kind of 3 milestones for us in a row here 3 days in a row. For now we just enjoy the 1st half of June and the no pressure feeling that this time of year brings us. It's only Tuesday but it's never too early to think about our special CW post on Thursday coming this week to you. And it's never evvvvvvvvvvvvvver too early to think about stuffing and gravy. I'm hearing we might see some fans in football stadiums this fall. Sounds too good to be true after the last few months of what we've been through. Let's all hope for the best. Have a great Jogging Thru June!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
While at the grocery store on Saturday, we were looking at the butter ball turkeys, and my wife pointed out how we should make another turkey for Rudolph Day / Leon Day / HALFWAY Day this month, since it is such a major and significant day. The turkeys naturally made me think of Thanksgiving! We're cruising right along now on our countdowns!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 169 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 144 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 83 DAYS

Happy Double Digits June! Can it be a 4th nice day in a row? It should be but more humid today and then maybe showers tonight. Not terrible though. I'm loving "shorts life." I forget how much I love living in shorts from May through September (well mostly. But sometimes the first half of May it's tough to wear shorts like this year I couldn't...it snowed in early May lol). Let's get to the counts shall we? We have 169 days left to go until Thanksgiving. We have 144 days left to go until November. We have 83 days left to go until The Bers. Uh huh that's the way I like it with summer approaching (officially). In 16 days we shall reach our 7th "26th". And then we'll head towards late June and early July. Anyone else excited that the 4th of July and Halloween this year fall on the weekend? I think that's awesome. And next year it will do the same (and Christmas will be added to the weekend). Tomorrow CW!!! Have a great Double Digits June!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image