Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Milestone Day!
Happy November!

1604260938606.png

We decorated the house for Thanksgiving today. Pics to come later.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Reading thru your post reminded me I needed to add marshmallows to my grocery list. Gotta have them for the yams. :)
Yams! Yum!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I eat sweet potatoes most of the year. My style is just plain, maybe some butter. I like to put crumbled nuts on them sometimes.

I just polished off my turkey breast and now I'm out of turkey. I have a nice ham in the freezer and will probably have that for Thanksgiving.

Don't think I'll be getting together with my brother and his wife for either holiday this year. Maybe do a ZOOM get together.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 24 DAYS

Happy November Week! Doesn't this thread just seem different now with only 1 countdown left? Anyway, we will get to it but first of all I hope everyone had a great and fun Halloween Weekend! It was a heck of a fun time. I really enjoyed it and I hope you all did too. The Bers have been fantastic haven't they? And now we're in the 2nd half of them. Our countdown (the only one left) to Thanksgiving is now at 24 days. That's still 3.5 weeks so no need to panic yet. But it does feel good to be in November doesn't it? There is definitely a November chill in the air this morning. And it's that time of year to make some hot chocolate to warm up. Have a great November Week!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I am so happy it's November! I am going to look into buying our turkey soon. According to the news there may be a shortage of items. I have already bought my stuffing supplies.
I'm glad we're not doing the turkey this year since I am concerned about shortages too. When I get paid on Friday my first order of business will be to head to the grocery store and get the needed ingredients for our dressing/stuffing and for my baked mac and cheese! I just hope I'm not too late by then. We passed by Walmart yesterday and you'd have thought it was Black Friday already.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm glad we're not doing the turkey this year since I am concerned about shortages too. When I get paid on Friday my first order of business will be to head to the grocery store and get the needed ingredients for our dressing/stuffing and for my baked mac and cheese! I just hope I'm not too late by then. We passed by Walmart yesterday and you'd have thought it was Black Friday already.
Walmart on the weekends and week nights is crazy already. :rolleyes:

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Hope everything is not shut down by then so we can get together with our children and grandchildren, not very hopeful though. I think I have everything I need for Thanksgiving so no matter what, it is full speed ahead. And no matter what, I have so many blessing to be Thankful for.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I thought today might feel like a bit of a let down, but I am so ready for November and the next few weeks and enjoying it all.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I loved it when I was teaching at the college. We always got Thursday and Friday off and usually no classes Wednesday night. I'd always take Monday and Tuesday as personal days and just make an appearance Wednesday. I lived super close to work and, for the last seven years, I taught 100% online.

That really was my dream job and I'm fortunate to have had it for 25 years. Faculty got three weeks off beginning mid-December. Paid. They also gave us our last paychecks two weeks early so that was an added bonus.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 23 DAYS

Happy November Chill! Oh yeah it's chilly out there but it's November so let it be chilly. It just gets us warm inside to think about all of the Thanksgiving Thoughts we have this time of year. We should get to the countdown shouldn't we? We have 23 days till Thanksgiving. Of course, our other 2 counts are now both in the past. I am so happy that in 3 weeks and 2 days we'll have the best day of the year here. It's the day we created this thread for and look forward to all year long. Spring weather is on it's way for Mid-Week into and through the Weekend. I'll take it. Let it warm up while it can. And then let's have a nice and cool Thanksgiving. That's my hope. Have a great November Chill!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I've noticed that other folks on here has expressed concern regarding food shortages as we come up close to the holidays. I am thinking that it must be regional or local. Our grocery stores for months now have stayed plenty stocked. When I went out to Costco last week in search of a Christmas ham, they had plenty of refrigerated bins FULL of the hams. And we were there on a busy Sunday afternoon.

I was happy that I got our turkey and ham ahead of time. My trip to the grocery store this weekend, we have decided that we are going to go ahead and buy in advance all of the "other stuff" that is needed for Thanksgiving dinner, like cranberry sauce, sparkling cider, any kind of wine we want, etc.. And as soon as Thanksgiving is over, we will probably do the same thing to pick up anything else that we need for our Christmas dinner. Hate to say it, but I kind of like preparing in advance. It saves me from having to deal with the madness! This is one thing that I might keep into our routine, even when things go back to normal next year!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I've noticed that other folks on here has expressed concern regarding food shortages as we come up close to the holidays. I am thinking that it must be regional or local. Our grocery stores for months now have stayed plenty stocked. When I went out to Costco last week in search of a Christmas ham, they had plenty of refrigerated bins FULL of the hams. And we were there on a busy Sunday afternoon.

I was happy that I got our turkey and ham ahead of time. My trip to the grocery store this weekend, we have decided that we are going to go ahead and buy in advance all of the "other stuff" that is needed for Thanksgiving dinner, like cranberry sauce, sparkling cider, any kind of wine we want, etc.. And as soon as Thanksgiving is over, we will probably do the same thing to pick up anything else that we need for our Christmas dinner. Hate to say it, but I kind of like preparing in advance. It saves me from having to deal with the madness! This is one thing that I might keep into our routine, even when things go back to normal next year!
I am planning on doing the same for Thanksgiving...although I do love going to the store the night before Thanksgiving for just a couple of things...It just makes the anticipation a little bit better....odd I know...lol

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I am planning on doing the same for Thanksgiving...although I do love going to the store the night before Thanksgiving for just a couple of things...It just makes the anticipation a little bit better....odd I know...lol
I know what you mean. There is a certain "rush" that comes with waiting until the night before to pick up stuff. Can't quite explain the feeling, but it's a good one.

While I'm here, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheese blend to use in this year's batch of baked mac and cheese? I change up the cheeses I use every year to try to find that "ultimate" combo. Last year I used white cheddar, fontina, and smoked gouda, and it was pretty dang close to perfection, lol.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image