Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Edge, I have felt you pumping the brakes now for a while, I tease you about it in good fun.

I do agree with you though, once The Bers comes, there's no going back! And I feel like here in about another week, we are all boarding the Bers Express that is going to leave the station on August 1st - that final 30 day ride back will be exhilarating!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am definitely not in a hurry but my desire to start making lists is growing. This is the year for the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving treat bags and I have added the jelly beans to my Amazon cart, ready for my next order, and I will keep checking back at the grocery store for the individual packs of pretzel sticks, the mini rootbeer cans, and this year I am on the hunt for the Jiffy Pop that comes in the stove top pan, anybody remember those? It can be hard to find some of these items, or the quantity I want so I do like starting early, but that doesn't mean I want summer to be over just yet!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Hey, as long as the weather cooperates, I'm OK with summer sticking around for a little while longer. But by the time August gets here and the first preseason football game airs, I'm going to be ready to move on.

Now, I fully understand I have no say in the matter because the weather will do what it wants, and this is Texas, but some relief from the heat would be nice.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I am still enjoying summer and going to as long as I can...
I'm not much of a summer person, especially here in south GA, but I do love all the fresh vegetables. It doesn't really cool off around here until later in October, anyway, so I have plenty of summer in front of me.
-sun-

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I like summer, usually----in a normal summer we have some really hot days but not most of them and we have comfortable nights--so this year with all the heat it is unbearable. But I am also not in a hurry. This week we have the Days of 47 parade to commemorate the settlement of our state by Europeans. Well, yesterday and today they have what is called the float preview in an air conditioned expo center so last night we had Crownburger (a great burger place here that is a little on the expensive side so it is a treat) and then went and saw some of the floats in comfort instead of attending in person with 250,000 of our closest friends. There is joy in every seasion!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Does this picture give you a little of the "feels"?

1626809226674.png

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Edge, I have felt you pumping the brakes now for a while, I tease you about it in good fun.

I do agree with you though, once The Bers comes, there's no going back! And I feel like here in about another week, we are all boarding the Bers Express that is going to leave the station on August 1st - that final 30 day ride back will be exhilarating!
I only try to pump the brakes cause I know that we can go out of control fast soon and then wind up in January again! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 127
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 103
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 42

Happy Sweaty Summer! It's the middle of the week folks and today is another big day in this countdown. No milestones or anything but if you look at that Bers count you can see why. We have 127 days left until Thanksgiving, 103 days to go until November, and 42 days remaining until The Bers. Right if you do the math...6 weeks from today is September 1. 6 weeks is a lot of time still. But it's not an insane amount of time anymore. That's why I've pumped the brakes and am pushing on them so hard. Maybe that's why I feel like my night times have been longer. I keep waking up every day feeling like I slept extra hours. Kind of weird lately like I'm trying to lengthen time and let it last longer? Hope it works during The Bers. Our next milestone is tomorrow which will be Tom Turkey Day #8 and our friend CW will remember to hit the reply button and post a great video for us. You're the best CW so thanks in advance for your help in celebrating another milestone with us. And thanks to all of you as well for being here today and every day. Have a great Sweaty Summer!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I only try to pump the brakes cause I know that we can go out of control fast soon and then wind up in January again! :)
Holding back time is like trying to grasp the wind. It can't be done.
Enjoy what you have, when you have it.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
6 weeks until the Bers. Exciting!!! Between that, Halloween, and Thanksgiving, my insides are all a flutter. I am so anxious this year. More than in the past.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Summer is speeding by, it seems like it was just July 4th. I need to make sure I am making the most of what remains of summer.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
6 weeks until the Bers. Exciting!!! Between that, Halloween, and Thanksgiving, my insides are all a flutter. I am so anxious this year. More than in the past.
I have the same feelings, and I think it is because last year was pretty much a bust for most things so we have to get TWO TIMES the enjoyment this year.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 126
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 102
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 41

Happy Latter July! We have a beautiful sunny day expected here. I love my sunshine so I'll take it. And I love these 3 countdowns: 126 days until Thanksgiving, 102 days until November, and 41 days until The Bers. It's MILESTONE DAY today folks. We have reached Tom Turkey Day #8. Where's CW with his video? He should be by later. He's a busy man. Guess what though? Our next milestone folks is only in 2 days. Yes, it's the day after tomorrow. What is it? It's the 100 Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. See above the 102? Yes, that makes it pretty obvious. Seems like not too long ago we hit the 100 Day Marker Till The Bers. Pretty amazing isn't it? And then we will only have 1 triple digits countdown left in this thread which is of course to the big day Thanksgiving which this thread is all about. I'm glad though we really incorporated the entire Bers Season into this thread because that's what it's all about. The road to Thanksgiving really starts on September 1. Buckle up because it will be a crazy and fun ride. Let's just enjoy today though as Rich says enjoy what is in front of us. Have a great Latter July!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image