Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 126
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 102
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 41

Happy Latter July! We have a beautiful sunny day expected here. I love my sunshine so I'll take it. And I love these 3 countdowns: 126 days until Thanksgiving, 102 days until November, and 41 days until The Bers. It's MILESTONE DAY today folks. We have reached Tom Turkey Day #8. Where's CW with his video? He should be by later. He's a busy man. Guess what though? Our next milestone folks is only in 2 days. Yes, it's the day after tomorrow. What is it? It's the 100 Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. See above the 102? Yes, that makes it pretty obvious. Seems like not too long ago we hit the 100 Day Marker Till The Bers. Pretty amazing isn't it? And then we will only have 1 triple digits countdown left in this thread which is of course to the big day Thanksgiving which this thread is all about. I'm glad though we really incorporated the entire Bers Season into this thread because that's what it's all about. The road to Thanksgiving really starts on September 1. Buckle up because it will be a crazy and fun ride. Let's just enjoy today though as Rich says enjoy what is in front of us. Have a great Latter July!​

The counts everywhere now are getting pretty serious. Beginning Saturday in the Halloween thread, we will be under 100 days on all of our counts. That's big time. I'm ready for some Tom Turkey day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The counts everywhere now are getting pretty serious. Beginning Saturday in the Halloween thread, we will be under 100 days on all of our counts. That's big time. I'm ready for some Tom Turkey day!
Very serious indeed. We're getting down to very few milestones left in each count.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It's Tom Turkey Day, which means it's Friendsgiving Casserole for dinner tonight! I have been dying to try this recipe ever since I saw it on the Magnolia Table show. I bought my wife a Discovery+ membership for her birthday back in March, and it's one of the shows in that service. I think I watch it just as much as she does!

But I digress. I'll let you know how the meal turns out!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
It's Tom Turkey Day, which means it's Friendsgiving Casserole for dinner tonight! I have been dying to try this recipe ever since I saw it on the Magnolia Table show. I bought my wife a Discovery+ membership for her birthday back in March, and it's one of the shows in that service. I think I watch it just as much as she does!

I just looked up the recipe and looks delicious...pls report back with a review!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

We will expect a fun (note I meant fun and not full) report tomorrow.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 125
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 101
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 40

Happy July TGIF! We are here folks into another Friday after a long but great week thus far. And the countdowns here continue here on this Friday with the following statistics: 125 days till Thanksgiving, 101 days till November, and 40 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is TOMORROW folks which would be on Saturday. What beats a weekend milestone? Well that milestone will be an important one which will be the 100 Day Marker Till November. Ahhh yes November. The best month of the year. It has to be. It has Halloween leftover, Thanksgiving Season, and Christmas Season starts up. All 3 cross in 1 amazing month. But fortunately we still have plenty of July to go and then 3 full months before November. So we have lots of time till November arrives. But indeed a big milestone is lined up for tomorrow as we start getting towards double digits in 2 of our 3 countdowns. Double digits? Weren't we just in the 300s? I'm enjoying the summer ride though I have to say. It's been great being back to work this week. Have a great July TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Tomorrow we are under 100 days on every one of our counts in the Halloween thread. Watch em' go after tomorrow when we are under 100 days until November. Feels like the milestones are really picking up steam now! Happy TGIF!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
So...Friendsgiving Casserole.

It's delicious, but man, this is a hard meal to master! Putting everything together and baking it is easy enough, but we discovered you have to get certain parts of it just right or else it doesn't turn out like you'd expect.

Case in point: When I shredded the chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken), I shredded it too small, so the end result turned out more like a chicken salad mixture than the creamy pot pie texture you're supposed to have. This may also have contributed to our next problem: the bread.

You're supposed to use a baguette for the "dressing" portion of the casserole, so you cut up the baguette into chunks and dry it out in the oven beforehand, then you place the dried chunks on top of your chicken mixture when you bake. However, we didn't dry out the bread long enough, and the pieces that sunk down into the casserole itself got way too soggy. The pieces on top turned out okay, but we still had half a baguette left, so we tried again. This time we over-dried the bread and it ended up rock hard.

So yeah, maybe not a successful first "Friendsgiving," but lessons were learned, and the recipe was still delicious, so we're committed to trying again next month. Next time I'm cutting the chicken into larger chunks, and we're going to try a French loaf in place of a baguette.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 124
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 100
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 39

Happy Mid-Summer Weekend! We have reached another weekend folks safely and soundly I hope for all of you. And we have our 3 counts this morning as the following: 124 days till Thanksgiving, 100 days till November, and 39 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? Well it's TODAY folks. It's the 100 Day Marker Till November! That's right so starting tomorrow we'll be in double digits territory for 2 of our 3 counts. YIKES! Time to get excited/nervous? Well our NEXT milestone after today is actually 8 days from now when we reach the arrival of August which will be the 9th month since November folks. That means we will have 3 full months to go before November begins. And I mean it when I say this but I really hope we all enjoy those months to the fullest. But right now we have time left in July so no sweating it. And actually the weather has helped me sweat less this week. The humidity really dropped and it's been just beautiful outside. I hope you all are well and enjoying your time this weekend with your family and friends. I hope you're all feeling the "Bers," "November," and "Thanksgiving," as we are now one day closer. Have a great Mid-Summer Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
100 days to Thanksgiving! Pretty snazzy! Yesterday I visited with my best friend who I really haven't seen much since the pandemic started. We had been friends since elementary school but sadly fell out of contact around 2010 / 2011 and didn't talk for almost 8 years. Anyway, we re-connected in 2018 and it was like we never missed a beat. So yesterday we went and visited our old college together, and the whole afternoon, for whatever reason, was filled with Thanksgiving vibes! I felt Fall / Thanksgiving vibes the whole afternoon walking around the campus. It was a combination I think of the cooler air and where we were, but it felt like we were just a few days away from Thanksgiving. Not sure why, but it was an awesome feeling.

Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Since we butchered the Friendsgiving Casserole, my wife surprised me last night with a new mac and cheese recipe! I gotta say I was skeptical, but I think it turned out to be the best batch yet! Definitely going to start using this one for Thanksgiving. In fact, we are making another batch to bring to my brother and his wife this coming Friday since they are homebound with their new baby.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image