Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
So...Friendsgiving Casserole.

It's delicious, but man, this is a hard meal to master! Putting everything together and baking it is easy enough, but we discovered you have to get certain parts of it just right or else it doesn't turn out like you'd expect.

Case in point: When I shredded the chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken), I shredded it too small, so the end result turned out more like a chicken salad mixture than the creamy pot pie texture you're supposed to have. This may also have contributed to our next problem: the bread.

You're supposed to use a baguette for the "dressing" portion of the casserole, so you cut up the baguette into chunks and dry it out in the oven beforehand, then you place the dried chunks on top of your chicken mixture when you bake. However, we didn't dry out the bread long enough, and the pieces that sunk down into the casserole itself got way too soggy. The pieces on top turned out okay, but we still had half a baguette left, so we tried again. This time we over-dried the bread and it ended up rock hard.

So yeah, maybe not a successful first "Friendsgiving," but lessons were learned, and the recipe was still delicious, so we're committed to trying again next month. Next time I'm cutting the chicken into larger chunks, and we're going to try a French loaf in place of a baguette.
Thanks for the update. My evil plan is to wait until you have perfected it, given us all the hacks you have learned and then I will try it. +n

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 123
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 99
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 38

Happy July Journey MMC! We are on a journey indeed moving forward in the month of July. Look at our 3 countdowns this morning folks. Just look! We have 123 days left until Thanksgiving (1, 2, 3 count), 99 days until November (DOUBLE DIGITS!), and 38 days left until The Bers (woohoo). Our next milestone is 1 week from today when we see the Arrival of August. And that milestone will be such a big one as we start the 9th month on our journey back to November. Pretty amazing isn't it? Well today is Sunday and we have a day of rest I believe. That's what Sundays are supposed to be for right? I know that is what I always felt and many of us do that on Sundays. Maybe while you rest you can think about everything including those 3 counts above. We have only 1 countdown left in the triple digits folks. I say it all the time but I think we do need to enjoy the ride at this point. And I think we are all doing a good job of that to be honest. It's Sunday Funday. Make it a great one if you can. Have a great July Journey!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 123
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 99
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 38

Happy July Journey MMC! We are on a journey indeed moving forward in the month of July. Look at our 3 countdowns this morning folks. Just look! We have 123 days left until Thanksgiving (1, 2, 3 count), 99 days until November (DOUBLE DIGITS!), and 38 days left until The Bers (woohoo). Our next milestone is 1 week from today when we see the Arrival of August. And that milestone will be such a big one as we start the 9th month on our journey back to November. Pretty amazing isn't it? Well today is Sunday and we have a day of rest I believe. That's what Sundays are supposed to be for right? I know that is what I always felt and many of us do that on Sundays. Maybe while you rest you can think about everything including those 3 counts above. We have only 1 countdown left in the triple digits folks. I say it all the time but I think we do need to enjoy the ride at this point. And I think we are all doing a good job of that to be honest. It's Sunday Funday. Make it a great one if you can. Have a great July Journey!​
Under 100 Days now till November! Woo Hoo!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 122
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 98
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 37

Happy Final Week Of July! We are heading into a big week here folks. We have a final week of July and heading into August later at the end of this weekend. Well first let's look at the 3 daily counts. We have 122 days to go until Thanksgiving, 98 days to go until November, and 37 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Sunday when August Arrives which will be the beginning of the 9th month of 11 full months on our journey back to November. Do the math folks. We'll have 3 full months (August, September, and October) to go on that journey. But first we have a full week of July to go which is great. Summer has been great here. And with it being Monday let's not forget our weekly countdown till Thanksgiving (the best week of the year). It now stands at 17 weeks. Wow. We continue to move steadily through the teens and if you do the math you can see we have basically 1/3 of the weeks to go there. It's been a fun 2/3 ride but we have the best 1/3 to go. I hope everyone's summer is going well. And we'll all hope today's Monday goes ok as well. Have a great Final Week Of July!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Monday! This week we see the thrilling conclusion to July! Last year we "tried out" our Thanksgiving dinner in August as a test of sorts. I wonder if we will do the same thing next month? Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image