Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 121
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 97
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 36

Happy Late July! It is getting kind of late in this month of July isn't it? But it has felt like a pretty long month, in a way. And that's a good thing. I feel like we've been in July for a long time now. But what have we been in longer? These 3 countdowns: 121 days till Thanksgiving, 97 days till November, and 36 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is on Sunday when August Arrives which will be the start of the 9th month of 11 starting up on the road back to November. That 3 month stretch (August-September-October) is such a wonderful 3 month build back to November isn't it? You go from summer to summer/autumn to autumn. It's a great thing for sure. Right now though I'm just hoping everyone out there is ready to have fun and enjoy their Tuesday. It looks like the weather should be nice here although it will be on the hot side. But hey it's the middle of summer what do you expect? Anyway, thanks for being here today and every day in this Thanksgiving Thread. Without you it wouldn't be as great as it is. Have a great Late July!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
July and summer are definitely slipping away, I know it is always fun when we hit under 100 days, but right now I am grateful to still have 121 on the countdown until Thanksgiving!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
You guys know me, I'm glad July is on its way out now, because truly, next stop is The Bers. August is Bers Pre-Season as more and more Fall sightings spring up daily. The whole entire month of August is amazing as we see The Bers get closer and closer!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
You guys know me, I'm glad July is on its way out now, because truly, next stop is The Bers. August is Bers Pre-Season as more and more Fall sightings spring up daily. The whole entire month of August is amazing as we see The Bers get closer and closer!
Yes, a friend got me to realize how big August is a few years ago!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 120
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 96
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 35

Happy Summer Fun! We are into mid-summer and moving ahead here in late July. And we move ahead with our 3 countdowns this mid-week morning. They look as follows: 120 days till Thanksgiving, 96 days till November, and 35 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is on Sunday which will be our 9th month of 11 full months starting up on the road back to November as August hits us and hits us hard. Fortunately, that is not today or tomorrow, or even the next day. You can see I'm trying to hold on to everything. And that's a plus. A lot of us are excited about where we are now. Mid-Summer still but at the same point starting to eye other things we love (the 3 things in the countdown above). Of course, September 1 is really the goal for most people on this site because once we get there then we're "home". We're in our favorite time of the year and then the road to the other 2 counts above just begins. It's a great feeling right now to be where we are so let's all enjoy it because some day in January we'll wish to be back here again. Have a great Summer Fun!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Sunday is going to be a big day! I think the Bers thread is gonna have a lot of excitement! Like you said, August will hit hard and we will be able to eye the other things we love, and it won't be hard with The Bers being only 30 days away as of Sunday! I just had a Thanksgiving wave roll over me, as last year in August we tried out our new turkey recipe, so I wonder if we will do something like that again. It's coming soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Weds everyone! Finally got us a cooldown happening here. I was just checking out Amazon Prime and noticed they added a bunch of Christmas movies free. Come October they will go back to "Gotta Pay" again, funny how they time that just right.
Hope you had a great day CW!

Reactions: LadyLynn

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 119
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 95
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 34

Happy July Justice! We have reached Thursday folks. I have to tell you even though summer goes fast, for the most part, it feels like this month of July has been a long one. Could that be a good sign of things to come? I hope so. We have 119 days to go until Thanksgiving, 95 days remaining until November, and 34 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone? It will be on Sunday when August Arrives! That will be the 9th month of 11 starting up on our journey back to November. I have a poll for you today on this Thursday. See below!
When it comes to holidays where do you place Thanksgiving?
A.) #1
B.) #2 (behind Christmas)
C.) #3 (behind Christmas/Halloween)
D.) #4 (behind Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July)
E.) (insert other order)

For me? I'm going with A. It's why I started this thread. And although it may start a war with Christmas fans lol as one individual day I say Thanksgiving is the best "holiday" (side note: Christmas Eve not being counted as a holiday). What about you? Have a great July Justice!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm gonna answer "B"! Christmas stands alone on the pedestal of greatest Holiday ever, in my book, but we are comparing great holidays and times here, nothing shabby about being #2 or even #3. It's like medals in the Olympics. "Even" the Bronze medal still makes you elite!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am a mixture of A and B but leaning more towards A....I love when our whole family gets together on Thanksgiving and I don't always see the same people at Christmas.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It’s “B” for me. I can’t ever see anything taking the place of Christmas in my heart, but don’t get me wrong: I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving. I can’t imagine any other holiday taking its place as the herald to Christmas. Part of that love is just knowing the whole Christmas season is still ahead!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I know we are supposed to look at them as individual days, but I can't remove the excitement and joy of entering the Christmas season on Thanksgiving, and like Snowflake Mom I see more extended family on Thanksgiving than I do on Christmas so my answer is going to be #1.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Okay, I love all three but for different reasons. You know after a hot summer, getting the kids back to school and settling in to the new schedule and structure, I feel like the sassyness (and if that isn't a word it should be) and playfulness and just good old hijinks of Halloween is just what the doctor ordered. But Thanksgiving: all that is expected is to enjoy family and friends and to have an attitude of gratitude. For me Thanksgiving is a reflection of how I want to live my life: enjoying those I love and appreciating my many blessings. But Christmas, I guess Thanksgiving prepares my heart for the real meaning of Christmas and the gift of the Savior. That said, Christmas is such a joy. I am with you Christmaswarlock, it is a trap, akin to choosing a favorite child!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image