Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am a solid C, but I can see why B is getting votes.

I drove down and got my turkey for Thanksgiving (turkeys actually as I picked up one for Christmas as well). Now I can breath easy even if there are shortages. They had a 48 pound frozen turkey. I don't think I have every seen one that big. It wouldn't fit in a regular oven. I guess a restaurant or something would have to buy it. I also got a pre-cooked dried tomato and basil turkey breast that we are going to try for dinner.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am a solid C, but I can see why B is getting votes.

I drove down and got my turkey for Thanksgiving (turkeys actually as I picked up one for Christmas as well). Now I can breath easy even if there are shortages. They had a 48 pound frozen turkey. I don't think I have every seen one that big. It wouldn't fit in a regular oven. I guess a restaurant or something would have to buy it. I also got a pre-cooked dried tomato and basil turkey breast that we are going to try for dinner.
I wouldn't want to meet a 48 pound turkey down a dark alley! LOL! I have trouble enough handling a 14 lb. bird. I am glad you have your turkeys and are having a turkey breast tonight! Enjoy!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
C, here too! I enjoy the others but Thanksgiving Day is the tops for me.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 76
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 52

Happy Double Digits September! We move ahead folks into the latter part of the week. And we look at our 2 countdowns as the following numbers: 76 days till Thanksgiving, 52 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is in 2 days which would be on Sunday. It will be the “Final Fifty” to November. That will be a major marker indeed folks. And one that we should all be here to celebrate for. I know many of you are excited for another Bers weekend coming. Well let’s slow it down already because we want to have PLENTY of time to go until November. And luckily we do have plenty of time for that. Lots and lots of time. Lots and lots of fun on the way there and absolutely in no rush to get anywhere near or close to Thanksgiving. As much as that is our day it’s still all about the build and the time of the year around it and leading up to it which we have only touched and barely begun with so far. I hope everyone out there in turkey land has some great plans for the weekend. First things first you all enjoy your Friday ok? And keep plenty of turkey thoughts in your heads and in your hearts as well. We always need to stick together here in this thread through thick and thin. The Thanksgiving Family is here year-round. Have a great Double Digits September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I sure got Thanksgiving / night before Thanksgiving vibes last night when the NFL game was on. Was it just me? I think the association was that it was cool outside and Football was on, somehow equals "Thanksgiving" in my brain!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I sure got Thanksgiving / night before Thanksgiving vibes last night when the NFL game was on. Was it just me? I think the association was that it was cool outside and Football was on, somehow equals "Thanksgiving" in my brain!
That's just like me last weekend. Michelle was baking in the kitchen and so I put a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from YouTube on TV. It felt just like Thanksgiving morning.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I heard a small market about 10-12 miles from me has whole frozen turkeys, thinking about heading over there tomorrow. Had I known after work, I would have headed straight there tonight.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 75
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 51

Happy September Weekend! Look above at our counts folks. I see a milestone coming very soon (as in tomorrow). Don’t believe me? Let’s look at the hardcore facts/data. We have 75 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 51 days to go until November. Our next milestone is the “Final Fifty” Marker which arrives tomorrow on Sunday to November. That will be a big one. Personally I’m glad we have 50+ days to go until November. And I’m glad we haven’t even reached Autumn officially yet. I’m enjoying the remaining days of summer (officially). And it’s been a heck of a nice stretch of weather really. This time of year is hard to beat. If you like warmth you still have it. If you like a little cooler weather you’re starting to see that. I wish it could be like this all year round. But I’m glad our 2 counts are still looking healthy so we know we have tons of time to get ready for those 2 things that happen later in the fall. Right now I’m just ready to enjoy this weekend hopefully. I hope you’re all ready as well and have some fun plans here towards the latter part of summer. And keep turkey thoughts in your head always now and forever. Have a great September Weekend!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
And now the floodgates have opened on Macy's Parade news. They have started by announcing two new balloons this year: Grogu (also known as "The Child" and "Baby Yoda" from Disney's The Mandalorian), and a bear named Toni after parade pioneer Tony Sarg.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I went to the small market and I may end up regretting it but I didn't buy a turkey. They had some in stock but everything was bigger than I am comfortable preparing, all were 18+ lbs. Two years ago I made two 14 pound birds and those were hard to handle. Considering large gathering may not be possible again this year, I am thinking about maybe picking up the breasts and legs/thighs separately to have more flexibility in preparation and size of gathering. All was not lost however, I picked up my favorite chocolate covered almonds!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm hearing a lot of posts on here about turkey and turkey breasts being hard to find. Thank goodness it seems to be a regional thing. My Martin's and Walmart didn't have the small breasts that I am used to, but they had plenty of butterball full-size turkeys, as well as just the turkey breasts with back and rib meat.

We hit the jackpot at Costco though. They have plenty of the Kirkland signature oven-cooked turkey breasts. Perfect for the famous gumbo my Wife makes, or when we decide to have turkey on Rudolph Day. I bought three of the turkey breasts today at Costco - we could have bought more obviously but I was courteous and left some for the other shoppers. We have enough turkey in the freezer now, counting the full size birds as well, that we have many gumbos and other turkey meals ahead of us now. It made me feel good to hear a worker tell me that Costco always stocks the turkey breasts. Now I know where to go.

Obviously though, as Thanksgiving gets closer, I will start buying some more to truly stock away, because I imagine there will be a run on them, and the supply might not pick up until after Thanksgiving / Christmas is over. Can't be too careful!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image