Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm hearing a lot of posts on here about turkey and turkey breasts being hard to find. Thank goodness it seems to be a regional thing. My Martin's and Walmart didn't have the small breasts that I am used to, but they had plenty of butterball full-size turkeys, as well as just the turkey breasts with back and rib meat.

We hit the jackpot at Costco though. They have plenty of the Kirkland signature oven-cooked turkey breasts. Perfect for the famous gumbo my Wife makes, or when we decide to have turkey on Rudolph Day. I bought three of the turkey breasts today at Costco - we could have bought more obviously but I was courteous and left some for the other shoppers. We have enough turkey in the freezer now, counting the full size birds as well, that we have many gumbos and other turkey meals ahead of us now. It made me feel good to hear a worker tell me that Costco always stocks the turkey breasts. Now I know where to go.

Obviously though, as Thanksgiving gets closer, I will start buying some more to truly stock away, because I imagine there will be a run on them, and the supply might not pick up until after Thanksgiving / Christmas is over. Can't be too careful!
Congrats on the jackpot!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 74
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 50

Happy Dozen Days Of September! Today we look above at our counts and see the following statistics: 74 days until Thanksgiving and 50 days until The Bers. And guess what that means? Yes we have reached a big milestone today folks. We have reached the Final Fifty to November! Woohoo. Our next milestone? It’s in 10 days (plenty of time) until we reach the official beginning to Autumn. How amazing is that? Autumn is like the greatest season and the one season everyone on this site absolutely loves. You may like winter. You may like spring. You may like summer. But autumn is the one we all really love the most not just because of what it brings in terms of the holidays but that whole time of year and season is just awesome. I love it. Well in 10 days we’ll celebrate the return of the best season of all. Now for all you fans of turkey you know that makes you smile but just enjoy today’s milestone and today’s day as much as you possibly can. That’s all we can do each day step by step. And if you are a football fan I’m sure you’ll have your t.v. on at some point today checking out a few of the games. It will be great to see fans back in the stadiums. It’s football season. Have a great Dozen Days Of September!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hitting 50 Days is an eye-opener! I am still shocked by how fast the 50 day Countdown went for September, I am sure it will be the same for November. I am hoping to enjoy some football today which will definitely give me the Thanksgiving feels!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Final 50 on days until November! Okay, not gonna lie. It is going by too fast to be comfortable for me.

How is it, that from January to about July, time goes at a snail's pace? But then when August arrives, and most of us are excited that it is "Fall's Preseason", the time just ZOOMS by?

I'm going to try and enjoy it all as much as I can.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Final 50 on days until November! Okay, not gonna lie. It is going by too fast to be comfortable for me.

How is it, that from January to about July, time goes at a snail's pace? But then when August arrives, and most of us are excited that it is "Fall's Preseason", the time just ZOOMS by?

That's right enjoy it as much as we can every day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 73
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 49

Happy September Teens! It’s another day here in our wonderful thread and we look above at the countdowns as follows: 73 days till Thanksgiving & 49 days till November. Our next milestone is in 9 days when we reach the arrival of Autumn. Ahh yes what is better than Autumn? Nothing. You can throw any time of the year at me you want (including the Christmas Season) but the specific time of year known as Autumn is my favorite. It’s just something amazing about that time of year and it culminates really with Thanksgiving which is appropriate since that’s like our favorite day of the year. That’s why we are here isn’t it? And then you look at all of the other holidays around that time including Halloween and such and you realize how lucky we are to be here together celebrating along the road on to those things that we love the most. Now for all of you fans who love turkey the most like I do well just be patient. We’re still technically in summer which makes it definitely seem like we have a long way to go until Thanksgiving. But today being Monday let me throw in our weekly countdown which is now at 10 weeks until Thanksgiving Week. Double digits are ending soon but let’s enjoy this one shall we? Have a great September Teens!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We saw a lot of Thanksgiving decorations in the stores this weekend. Everyone is getting prepared.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

I know. This week we'll already be halfway through September. Halfway!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 73
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 49

Happy September Teens! It’s another day here in our wonderful thread and we look above at the countdowns as follows: 73 days till Thanksgiving & 49 days till November. Our next milestone is in 9 days when we reach the arrival of Autumn. Ahh yes what is better than Autumn? Nothing. You can throw any time of the year at me you want (including the Christmas Season) but the specific time of year known as Autumn is my favorite. It’s just something amazing about that time of year and it culminates really with Thanksgiving which is appropriate since that’s like our favorite day of the year. That’s why we are here isn’t it? And then you look at all of the other holidays around that time including Halloween and such and you realize how lucky we are to be here together celebrating along the road on to those things that we love the most. Now for all of you fans who love turkey the most like I do well just be patient. We’re still technically in summer which makes it definitely seem like we have a long way to go until Thanksgiving. But today being Monday let me throw in our weekly countdown which is now at 10 weeks until Thanksgiving Week. Double digits are ending soon but let’s enjoy this one shall we? Have a great September Teens!​
Only 10 weeks?! That means next week we'll be in single digits!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING SO FAST??!!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Only 10 weeks?! That means next week we'll be in single digits!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING SO FAST??!!
I thought the same thing about next week being single digits!!! Unbelievable! Exciting but scary!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 72
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 48

Happy Latter Summer! Today we look above at our 2 countdowns going on and we see there is plenty of time to go still on both of our counts. We have 72 days to go until Thanksgiving & 48 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s in 1 week + 1 day when we see the arrival of Autumn. Yes, the season that we all love and cherish more than any other is almost here folks. But we still have time to go. We have a good week + and that’s a good thing. But summer is starting to really fade away now. But you turkey lovers understand that is a necessary thing for us to be able to enjoy and think about all of the great things ahead of us including turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, biscuits, potatoes and gravy. Oh and the list goes on and on. If that list doesn’t make you hungry then I do not know what will. But it is amazing that is all I can tell you. Just thoughts of those words makes any man, woman, or child drool doesn’t it? And I know all of you probably get those thoughts in your head every day you come here and check out the countdown. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey. You hear the chants? Well chant with me while you all have a great Tuesday I hope. Have the best one that you can. Have a great Latter Summer!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Looking back through the pages of this thread, wow, what a countdown it has been.

It's sort of fascinating how there is times when some of us (me, mostly), were wishing it along, and time seemed to be standing firm, and then here we are now, going faster than anybody would like.

Like Edge always says. Enjoy each moment!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image