Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Looking back through the pages of this thread, wow, what a countdown it has been.

It's sort of fascinating how there is times when some of us (me, mostly), were wishing it along, and time seemed to be standing firm, and then here we are now, going faster than anybody would like.

Like Edge always says. Enjoy each moment!
And a lot of posts this year!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 71
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 47

Happy Mid-September! Today we move ahead in our countdowns and we see the following statistics. We have 71 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 47 days remaining until November. Our next milestone? Well it’s in 1 week and that would be the welcoming in of the most fantastic (by far) of the 4 seasons and that would be Autumn. Yes, we’ll welcome it next week on Wednesday here at this time. Be here for it as that is a big milestone indeed. And I hope you all are ready for it but of course we have 1 week of summer to go technically right now and need to enjoy it even though we’re almost halfway through September. It’s a great time right now folks. Those hanging on to the warmth still have enough to enjoy and yet those yearning for autumn are close to its doorstep. How great is that? In life it’s hard to make everyone happy so if we can do it in this thread why not? Let’s try to. Now if you love turkey I think you can agree that we all agree on that. We all are here for that reason #1. That big turkey and stuffing. And all those sides. And the parade. And more. Now that we’re in football season that also keeps reminding us of turkey day. Luckily we have a lot of time till then. Have a great Mid-September!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm thinking I'll go to Walmart this weekend and adopt me a Tom. If there is a shortage of birds this year, I don't want to be left out.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I'm thinking I'll go to Walmart this weekend and adopt me a Tom. If there is a shortage of birds this year, I don't want to be left out.
Adopt a Tom! LOL!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 70
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 46

Happy 2nd Half Of September! Today we move ahead in our countdowns and look above at the following statistics. We have 70 days until Thanksgiving and 46 days until November. Our next milestone is on Wednesday when we welcome in the arrival of Autumn. And if you are like me you are looking forward to all of it. And you can’t wait until it comes. But of course, you can wait. You’re patient right? I mean we’re in September. Who needs to be officially in Autumn? We are in a wonderful time of year right now folks. The weather is becoming amazing. Everything is just really getting going. And yet we have almost everything still in front of us. With that said I’ll tell you that we all have a great chance to enjoy this road together. We’re in a great spot and that is why as I refer to September sometimes as the “Sweet Spot.” It truly is a great time of year to be in. It doesn’t make you want to rush ahead even though those 2 goals above us are definitely what we crave. But I’m craving right now just a great day. I’m craving some late summer weather. And I’m craving the chance to start thinking turkey thoughts with all of my friends here in this thread. Have a great 2nd Half Of September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Went to Costco last night to buy a second new Xbox (Me and my wife can't share very well, lol), and was happy to see plenty of turkey breasts in the cooler! It won't be long until they have the big birds out!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
I'm really craving a thanksgiving style turkey dinner I have not had that meal since Thanksgiving weekend last year. I usually will eat it sometime in the spring also, but did not do it this year. I am just going to hold out now and make it that much more special come Thanksgiving.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Those counts look so low! Someone slow down the days! It seems like we just got to the Bers, and we're already halfway through the Sweet Spot!

On the other hand, things are getting so good. Pumpkin and Fall stuff everywhere. Football on TV tonight. Talk of turkeys and parades. This is the time of year that I live for.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The counts are jarring and I am really feeling the Bers realizing how many fun things that are ahead in the next 70-100 days!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 69
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 45

Happy Summer Winding Down! Today we move ahead and approach the final weekend of summer folks. And that all will tie into our milestone talk in a moment. First we look at the official statistics and see the following: 69 days till Thanksgiving & 45 days till November. Our next milestone is the official start of Autumn which happens in 5 days on Wednesday. Folks, NOTHING beats Autumn and when you realize the official season carries us right up until a few days before Christmas you realize pretty much 95% of what we love falls in Autumn. Amazing isn’t it? No offense to the other 3 seasons as I do enjoy them all for their own things but I will always be an autumn guy in my heart and soul. And I know most of you are the same just like I am and that’s why you are here. You’re also big turkey fans like me. And you saw the news about the parade now. A much more normal parade this year. And a more normal football season. And just a better autumn than last year. But thanks to last year we’ll appreciate it even more this year than in the past when we took it for granted. Never take it for granted. And never take today for granted either. It’s Friday. Enjoy it. And get ready for your weekend. Have a great Summer Winding Down!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 69
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 45

Happy Summer Winding Down! Today we move ahead and approach the final weekend of summer folks. And that all will tie into our milestone talk in a moment. First we look at the official statistics and see the following: 69 days till Thanksgiving & 45 days till November. Our next milestone is the official start of Autumn which happens in 5 days on Wednesday. Folks, NOTHING beats Autumn and when you realize the official season carries us right up until a few days before Christmas you realize pretty much 95% of what we love falls in Autumn. Amazing isn’t it? No offense to the other 3 seasons as I do enjoy them all for their own things but I will always be an autumn guy in my heart and soul. And I know most of you are the same just like I am and that’s why you are here. You’re also big turkey fans like me. And you saw the news about the parade now. A much more normal parade this year. And a more normal football season. And just a better autumn than last year. But thanks to last year we’ll appreciate it even more this year than in the past when we took it for granted. Never take it for granted. And never take today for granted either. It’s Friday. Enjoy it. And get ready for your weekend. Have a great Summer Winding Down!​
Right on. So much more to be thankful for this year.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image