Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Well, through a weird turn of events, suddenly we are down to just the one Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Friday. Long story, but there were some last minute family "disagreements" involving a cousin on my wife's side that dissolved the whole plan to meet at her grandmother's house for our usual Thursday dinner. So we will still have a Thanksgiving dinner, but it will be a day later.

Thanksgiving is still coming, with or without the dinner on Thursday, but now I'm kind of wondering what to do with myself tomorrow. It'll be like Thanksgiving Eve all over again, except that the parade and football will be on.

On the upside, we're watching "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" tonight, still having pizza for dinner, and after work today I'm on vacation through all of next week!
Thanks for the remind that Charlie Brown is on! I have not seen this one in years.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 1

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Today folks is a very special day. Look at our countdown. It has 1 day remaining until Thanksgiving which is our next (final) milestone and ultimate destination. Today to many of us is known as “Thanksgiving Eve”. Most normal people don’t call it that but we do. It’s the most underrated day of the year. The feeling today to me is not very different from Christmas Eve it’s just that Thanksgiving Eve doesn’t have a fancy name for it. And maybe people don’t do as much today as special as they do on Christmas Eve. But the feeling in the air is very similar. It’s an amazing time to be here folks in this thread. I will be here later today posting again. Thanksgiving Eve deserves it. I’m bringing in breakfast to work per my Thanksgiving Eve tradition which I started many years ago. It just makes me happy to be here. I think about this morning all year long. It really is one of my favorites and one of the most underrated ones of the year. I hope you’re all happy. I hope you’re all feeling great. Today is a very special day. Our countdown is down to its final day before THE DAY is here. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​
So Edge, are you saying we are not normal? (Asking for a friend).

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

The Thanksgiving decorations are down and the Christmas trees are up. Still need to decorate them and the rest of the house. But we can do that a slow pace tonight and tomorrow.

Tonight I'll watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It always makes me feel like a kid.

Tomorrow we cook, bake, roast, and feast!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hey @Edge612, I hate to ask this question, and If you've already answered it in a few pages back, I apologize for asking again, but when does the "NEW" Thanksgiving Thread come out?

I follow all of these threads, so I probably won't miss when the "new" one goes live, but there is just that teeny tiny part of my brain wondering about the 2022 Countdown! Sorry for going there!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
No problem SS. We will launch the Thanksgiving 2022 Thread Thursday evening (probably some time around 9-10PM local/eastern time). I'll post final thoughts in this thread on Thanksgiving as a whole and then launch the new one immediately after. I hope to post several times during Thanksgiving Day though!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Thanksgiving Eve...felt surreal to be honest. You ever walk around on a day like this and just think to yourself "I remember last Thanksgiving Eve like...it was last WEEK!" It doesn't feel real to be here a year later but it is. Thanksgiving Eve at work went well although it didn't feel as laid back as last year because everyone was around. But that's what I was wishing for last week as people left early because the internet went out. Ahh well...now I'm just preparing for sleep. Tomorrow is the day we wait all year for folks. I don't know what else to say to all of you except thank you for everything. Without you I'd simply be talking to myself here. And please just enjoy tomorrow. Don't worry about how fast it went. Don't worry about next year's thread. Just enjoy the moment. The moments come and go...but if you savor them and enjoy them to the fullest you'll never regret anything.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving! Folks look above. Do you see any countdowns? I don’t. This is the first time ever in this thread that in my daily post we have no countdowns. Why is that? Because we have reached our ultimate destination. I remember posting last year on Thanksgiving night in this thread and how this thread will be around all the way until Thanksgiving 2021. And here we are folks somehow at the final step. We made it. It’s Thanksgiving and of course this is our final milestone and final destination. This is the day that this thread is all about. There are no other milestones. And folks I’m ready for a great Thanksgiving. I know all of you are too. And it’s time to take it all in now. The journey has been fun but the destination is absolutely as special as it gets. I want to thank everyone here for being here as much as you have been. We have plenty of time later on to think about the next thread etc. Right now I just want you to all enjoy it. I’ll be posting several times throughout the day here and encourage you to post as much as you’d like as well about how your Thanksgiving Day is going. We’re here folks. It’s real. I thank you all again and enjoy this one. It’s the day we wait all year for. Happy Thanksgiving!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Thanks @Edge612 for another great year-long Thanksgiving thread, and guiding us to our destination once again. Today is one of the best days of the year, I hope everyone enjoys it and has a great time. I hope all family celebrations are happy. I'll be back online tonight when the new thread goes up! I'm actually looking forward to it!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hope you guys are all munching on pizza right about now!
I can't believe I am writing this, but I didn't have pizza! There was a change of plans and after decorating with my great-niece I rode along with my sister and we went through a Festival of Lights. So no pizza but a hot cocoa and a slow drive looking at Christmas lights, and I think Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will get a Thursday morning showing instead of its usual Wednesday night showing.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up too early (3-ish) and I knew it was Thanksgiving, but convinced myself to go back to sleep but now this is it! We are here! Gobble, Gobble!

A special thanks to Edge for all of your hard work and dedication and to all who have shared the countdown and made me chuckle, debate some big questions, and a couple of times dry my eyes.

2021 was so much better because of all of you!

Enjoy the day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image