Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 359
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 336
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 275

Happy Farewell To November! Today we look above at our 3 countdowns and see the following statistics: 359 days till Thanksgiving, 336 days till November, and 275 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? It’s our FIRST milestone and it’s TOMORROW folks. Please be here on Wednesday to welcome in the Arrival of December (The journey will officially begin on the road back to November). We’ll start off that 11-month journey on Wednesday. Tomorrow it’s going to be awesome to be here and a very special day on December 1. That is going to be a fun milestone for sure and it will feel like we’re moving in the right direction. I love fresh starts and tomorrow will definitely feel like our 2nd fresh start of this thread (the 1st one was Thanksgiving Night when we started this thread). I’m looking forward to it. I know many of you are as well. But let’s enjoy the final day of November shall we? This is the month we love here in this thread and we still have one more to go. I may celebrate with one final leftover Thanksgiving meal tonight. Dare I? Why not? I still have some leftovers. I could use a little cranberry sauce tonight and maybe a biscuit to go with some turkey. I’m addicted what can I say? Have a great Farewell To November!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
It's gonna feel good tomorrow starting "the road back". The road back to our favorite holidays is always my favorite journey to take. And you are right about Fresh starts. It's kind of how waking up on January 1st, I'm "over" that horrible last week of December where it feels like I'm moving in mud. The fresh start and the new chasing of milestones rejuvenates me. I will be happy to welcome in December!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I froze some of the leftover turkey and a single serving of stuffing (that's all that was left). I think I will eat it somewhere between Christmas day and New Years Day to help with the PCB's.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Afternoon everybody! Was just sitting here trying to find some old singing Christmas Bell lights but my Internet mojo has failed me. Caught myself planning next Thanksgivings dinner already. I have 1 serving of stuffing and gravy for tonite and it will be a wrap I guess....so disheartening.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Afternoon everybody! Was just sitting here trying to find some old singing Christmas Bell lights but my Internet mojo has failed me. Caught myself planning next Thanksgivings dinner already. I have 1 serving of stuffing and gravy for tonite and it will be a wrap I guess....so disheartening.
I feel ya. We polished off the rest of the turkey and mac and cheese last night. The ham and dressing were gone the night before. Thankfully our menu for Christmas will be very similar.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't tried the Popeye's Cajun Turkey... it is DELICIOUS.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Those last bits!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 358
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 335
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 274

Happy December Arrives! Today we have made it to the final month of the year folks. And we look at our countdowns and see the following: 358 days till Thanksgiving, 335 days till November and 274 days till The Bers. It’s MILESTONE DAY #1 of this thread! We have reached the Arrival of December and we now officially begin the 11-month long journey back to November. Amazing isn’t it? It always feels like a fresh start when you start a new month but for Thanksgiving fans today definitely feels like a fresh one for sure. Our next milestone isn’t for 20 whole days. It will be the Arrival of the 1st of 3 seasons on our way back to Autumn. And that would be of course the season of winter starting up. Not my personal favorite season but when you realize it’s a few days before Christmas you realize this time of year has plenty to look forward to for all of us. And I hope you’re all doing well. With it being Wednesday folks I have our first poll of the new thread. I’ll try my best to do one every Wednesday for the next 52 weeks right through Thanksgiving Eve and also have CW post as often as he has videos for us (Thursdays for him). The first poll for this first Wednesday is simple:

Rank your Thanksgiving on a Scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest):

• 8-9
  • 6-7
  • 5 or below
I’m going to go with B. I’d say ours was a 9. The parade was way better this year. The cooking was fun. The food was great and amazing. I just don’t want to give it a 10 because I want to believe that next year’s Thanksgiving can be even better. What about you? Have a great December Arrives!​

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Don't worry, y'all. December is still a "bonus month" on the road back, so it won't seem so bad when we get to January.
I don't sweat January all that much anymore thanks to MMC. Lots of good stuff happening that month. The Special Days "Triumvirate" (to borrow a word from you) - Tom Turkey Day, Rudolph Day, and Jack O Lantern Day! Whoops, almost forgot the beginning of my Dark Arts Sunday series as well!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I feel ya. We polished off the rest of the turkey and mac and cheese last night. The ham and dressing were gone the night before. Thankfully our menu for Christmas will be very similar.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't tried the Popeye's Cajun Turkey... it is DELICIOUS.
My wife uses some cajun seasonings on our small turkey breasts when we do Rudolph Day feasts. I'm trying to convince her one day to cajun season an entire "big" turkey, I have no doubt it would be fantastic!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 358
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 335
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 274

Happy December Arrives! Today we have made it to the final month of the year folks. And we look at our countdowns and see the following: 358 days till Thanksgiving, 335 days till November and 274 days till The Bers. It’s MILESTONE DAY #1 of this thread! We have reached the Arrival of December and we now officially begin the 11-month long journey back to November. Amazing isn’t it? It always feels like a fresh start when you start a new month but for Thanksgiving fans today definitely feels like a fresh one for sure. Our next milestone isn’t for 20 whole days. It will be the Arrival of the 1st of 3 seasons on our way back to Autumn. And that would be of course the season of winter starting up. Not my personal favorite season but when you realize it’s a few days before Christmas you realize this time of year has plenty to look forward to for all of us. And I hope you’re all doing well. With it being Thursday folks I have our first poll of the new thread. I’ll try my best to do one every Thursday for the next 52 weeks right through Thanksgiving Day and also have CW post as often as he has videos for us. The first poll for this first Thursday is simple:

Rank your Thanksgiving on a Scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest):

• 8-9
  • 6-7
  • 5 or below
I’m going to go with B. I’d say ours was a 9. The parade was way better this year. The cooking was fun. The food was great and amazing. I just don’t want to give it a 10 because I want to believe that next year’s Thanksgiving can be even better. What about you? Have a great December Arrives!​
I would give my thanksgiving an 8-9, the two "demerit" points coming from the fact that I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted with my Grandma and Mom, and the other negative point from the fact that I had to have yet another uncomfortable gathering at my Dad's house. But fortunately I don't think we are going to stay long there on Christmas Day, so if we do this poll again for Christmas Day, I bet I can comfortably rank it at a "10".

Welcome back to the road back to November!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
I like to give my Thanksgiving an 5
This year the turkey was dry for the first time.
Even though I did brine it.
Maybe I left it for long after is was done?
It stood under foil wrap for about two hours I guess (after it was done)

We were waiting for some guest who arrived late, so we didn't eat until 6:30
That will not happen next year!! Kind of ruining the evening.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I would give my thanksgiving an 8-9, the two "demerit" points coming from the fact that I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted with my Grandma and Mom, and the other negative point from the fact that I had to have yet another uncomfortable gathering at my Dad's house. But fortunately I don't think we are going to stay long there on Christmas Day, so if we do this poll again for Christmas Day, I bet I can comfortably rank it at a "10".

Welcome back to the road back to November!
I'd rate my Thanksgiving as an 8 this year. It was still fantastic, but the actual Thanksgiving day activities were kind of sparse since we ended up not attending my wife's side this year. There were some family disagreements involved (that, very thankfully, my wife was not a part of) that kind of dissolved those Thanksgiving plans, but we did end up going to her grandma's that evening to enjoy a small dinner.

Black Friday was more like our actual Thanksgiving this year, except just without the parade, the dog show, or football. I'm not sure how things will look next year, but I'm hoping that I can say then that 2022 gets a solid 10 ranking.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm giving my Thanksgiving a solid 8. Two points removed due to the fact that none of the kids could make it home. Their work schedules wouldn't allow for the travel time for two of them and the third rotates holidays with his long time girlfriend. This year they had Thanksgiving at her parents. Other than that, it was great!

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Our Thanksgiving was a 9 or a 10. Everything was just fabulous this year. Even my son, who isn’t very demonstrative, said, “This has been a fantastic Thanksgiving!” Thursday’s dinner was great. We went and cut down our tree on Friday, which couldn’t have gone better. Saturday, we watched Michigan beat Ohio State. On Sunday, most of the family came over again to hang out and visit.

Such a great weekend!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image