AUTUMN BEGINS - SEPTEMBER 22

TOM TURKEY DAY #10 - SEPTEMBER 22

OCTOBER - OCTOBER 1

THANKSGIVING FINAL FIFTY - OCTOBER 5

NOVEMBER HOME STRETCH - OCTOBER 22

TOM TURKEY DAY #11 - OCTOBER 27

NOVEMBER - NOVEMBER 1 (HAPPY NOVEMBER!)

THANKSGIVING HOME STRETCH - NOVEMBER 14

THANKSGIVING DAY - NOVEMBER 24 (HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 364
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 341
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 280

Happy Thanksgiving! It’s still Thanksgiving folks as I post this but I wanted to simply first of all list all of the milestones as I did above. And I wanted to bring your attention to a few things here with the post for this late night of Thanksgiving Night. We have 364 days till Thanksgiving (the highest it can be), 341 days till November, and 280 days till The Bers. Our first milestone? It will be a new beginning. It will be December 1 when we reach the beginning of our new 11-month journey back to the most wonderful month of the year which is November. So the great thing is folks we still are IN November as we type this. And that’s awesome. Knowing we’re still enjoying this special time of year together is amazing. Anyway, tomorrow we’ll get back into routine and be posting every single morning the counts. But I wanted to alert you to something else. The Bers begins on a Thursday next year ironically. Notice that round #280 days. It’s 40 weeks from today and then 12 weeks later will be Thanksgiving. Seems like Thursday will really be a theme in this countdown huh? Anyway, it feels good to be posting in the new thread here tonight. It feels great. I’m ready to go to sleep and dream about Thanksgiving 2022. What? Is something wrong with that? I know all of you are as well. It all begins here again folks. See you all in the morning and one final time HAPPY THANKSGIVING.​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I love seeing all of the milestone dates on the very first post! Makes me think of January when I do something very similar with all of the dates for Halloween / October / Jack O Lantern days. Awesome! And awesome new thread! This is gonna be great!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Thanksgiving 2022. The march starts tonight. Thanks for leading the way @Edge612!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 363
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 340
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 279

Happy Black Friday! Today folks we look above and see our fresh counts very high. We have 363 days to go until Thanksgiving, 340 days remaining until November and 279 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone? It’s going to be on Wednesday when we welcome in December and the fresh 11-month journey begins back to the most fantastic month of the year which is November. Ironically, we’re still in November folks! I want to know who is going Black Friday shopping today? I did a lot of my shopping online the last couple of days. No pressure on me now. But also who is having leftover turkey? We may have it on Saturday. I think we will go out to eat today just to eat something different. The turkey was amazing though and I look forward to having those leftovers. Sometimes the leftovers taste better than the turkey. It’s a great time to eat and enjoy when you can take in all those tasty leftovers. It feels great to be here in the new thread with all of you Thanksgiving fans. Thanks for being along for a new ride. Don’t worry about the big counts now. We are in the Christmas Season! We have so much to enjoy now. There is always something good happening and always looking forward to Thanksgiving 2022. Have a great Black Friday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
It was a great thanksgiving for all, here. Now it's "ok" to start looking toward Thanksgiving 2022. It sure will be magical when we reach December 1st and it feels like the journey is "really" starting again. I always feel like mentally I have this weird "funk" for around a week after a Holiday passes. October is not so bad because you are looking forward to Thanksgiving. But when Thanksgiving is over, even though it is exciting to be that much closer to Christmas, i'm kind of like "whoa", I don't want to be this close yet. I don't want these times to be over...

Have a great Black Friday!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
It was a great thanksgiving for all, here. Now it's "ok" to start looking toward Thanksgiving 2022. It sure will be magical when we reach December 1st and it feels like the journey is "really" starting again. I always feel like mentally I have this weird "funk" for around a week after a Holiday passes. October is not so bad because you are looking forward to Thanksgiving. But when Thanksgiving is over, even though it is exciting to be that much closer to Christmas, i'm kind of like "whoa", I don't want to be this close yet. I don't want these times to be over...

Have a great Black Friday!

I feel exactly the same way ♥

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Another great Thanksgiving in the books. And still a great Thanksgiving extended weekend ahead of us which kicks off the Christmas season for most people. I am going to enjoy the last of the big 3 and the big finale of Christmas. Sadly the thought of January has crept into my mind today. I am going to brush that off since there is still another month to look forward to.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Another great Thanksgiving in the books. And still a great Thanksgiving extended weekend ahead of us which kicks off the Christmas season for most people. I am going to enjoy the last of the big 3 and the big finale of Christmas. Sadly the thought of January has crept into my mind today. I am going to brush that off since there is still another month to look forward to.
January used to be one of my most brutal months! And I suffered through them, but the truth is, I was looking at the month all wrong! For me personally, January anymore now is sort of a "rallying cry" because the new countdowns are all going, and that's exciting. Plans have been made by that point for January's Rudolph Day Dinner, Tom turkey day, Jack O Lantern Day, etc.. That is a month where I have basically planned / laid out the whole year ahead of me with my different milestones and dates to look forward to. Plus, my Christmas tree stays up until January 25th, which means that by the time we celebrate our MMC "Holidays" for the month (Rudolph Day, Tom Turkey Day, JOL Day, etc.), the longest, darkest part of January is over. Don't despair, friend!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 362
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 339
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 278

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! Look up folks and you’ll see our counts have actually already been dropping! I know…it’s early (very, very, very, very, very early) but hey it’s progress. We have 362 days remaining until Thanksgiving (yea that sounds like a lot), 339 days to go until November (still a ton), and 278 days remaining until The Bers (well at least we’re still in these “Bers” this year still technically). Our first milestone of this thread will be on Wednesday when we reach the arrival of December. And that will begin the journey (11 months of it) to go through on our way back to the best month of the year (which we’re currently in now still…November). So you may all be busy still with family, friends and food but realize that next year’s countdown already has begun here in this thread. But we’re all enjoying the leftovers for sure. And we’re all still going to glow all weekend long because the “best week of the year” is still here. It’s not over. I hope you all have fun and exciting plans for this weekend. It’s a great weekend to bask in the glow of Thanksgiving while starting to eye Christmas. Tomorrow we’ll have the countdown and then a special post Sunday night to put a wrap on the “Best Week Of The Year.” Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
The counts really are a wonderous thing, Edge. Even though sometimes it feels like they aren't moving at all, they really are, and there are times when we look up and are like "Oh wow". And I have a feeling that's how it will feel on Wednesday. The Halloween counts get me all the time like that. It's a fun thing to count down all year!

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
And we’re all still going to glow all weekend long because the “best week of the year” is still here. It’s not over.

Thanks for the reminder! It is still the best week of the year and I am going to enjoy the ease and keep the hectic-ness at bay, at least for a few more days!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image