Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Tuesday! I too liked watching all the NFL transactions yesterday and like you said, it's impossible to see Football related stuff and not think about The Bers and Football Season.

Bring on Spring! Winter is making a "last stand" here - it's 30 degrees outside and the wind is whipping. We are truly in that volatile period of March where "anything goes". It can be 80 degrees or it can be below freezing with snow. It won't be much longer though - we get back into the 50's and 60's starting tomorrow to finish out the week.

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
College spring games are about a month away and they're already talking about how certain teams are looking in practice right now. Can Georgia make it three national championships in a row? I think they have a good chance. We'll have a pretty clear picture come Thanksgiving time.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 253
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 231
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 170

Happy Mid-March! Today folks we have 253 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 231 days to go until November, and 170 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving on Saturday. That’s in 3 days folks. We move ahead in our Winter Wonderland for the next to last day of it. Ahhh that’s ok. We know what’s coming next and we’re ALL looking forward to it. Super Spring! But folks first we need to do our Weekly Wednesday Poll!

How do you feel currently about the Macy’s Parade?

• They should improve it to make it bigger (it has room for improvement).
  • They should leave it as it is (it’s awesome).
  • They should make it smaller (it’s overdone).
  • They should get rid of the parade.
  • I’m going with B. You know how I feel about tradition. And I know it was tough during Covid Year but they kept it going still to the best of their ability, however, as it was not the same it made me appreciate how it was great the way it always was and has returned to being. What about you? Turkey Fans it’s time for the middle of your week so get ready to have some fun. Woohoo. Answer our poll and have a great day everyone. Have a great Mid-March!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going to go with B on this one too. I am a stalwart for tradition, and the Macy's parade is one thing you can count on every year to bring you what you are used to. The one COVID year was kind of a bust, but like you said, they did the best they could and they still did it.

I'm happy to be in the middle of March now. Spring is not far away. And neither are thoughts about Turkey day, they never are.

Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm going to go with B on this one too. I am a stalwart for tradition, and the Macy's parade is one thing you can count on every year to bring you what you are used to. The one COVID year was kind of a bust, but like you said, they did the best they could and they still did it.

I'm happy to be in the middle of March now. Spring is not far away. And neither are thoughts about Turkey day, they never are.

Have a great day!
B it is!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
B for sure! I love the Parade just the way it is and has been for most of my life. At least what I remember of it. The presentation of the parade by NBC has changed over the years and it keeps getting better. I hope Al Roker is back this year. He was missed.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 252
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 230
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 169

Happy Middle Day Of March! Today folks we have 252 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 230 days to go until November, and 169 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the day after tomorrow (my favorite day of the week – Saturday) when we reach the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Today folks I hate to say this but it is our FINAL DAY of being in our Winter Wonderland. I know. I know. But be here tomorrow for our NEXT season. It’s time for our #1 feature of the week folks “Thanksgiving Thought Thursday!.”

Sometimes I wish more people talked about Thanksgiving all year long. Even in my own family where many of them have become more open talking the holidays all year they mainly refer to “Autumn” or “Halloween” or “Christmas Eve” or “Christmas.” But “Thanksgiving” isn’t mentioned quite as often as those. Obviously, when we cooked a turkey a couple of weeks ago we did bring it up. And it was nice to. I think that might be one reason why I enjoy having our Mini-Thanksgiving. 1 down and another to go later this summer!

Now turkey fans I hope you and your family get to talk turkey today. And if not I hope you are all enjoying the final day of our Winter Wonderland in this thread. Honestly, I can’t say that I’ll miss it but still it’s amazing that we are here. Have a great Middle Day Of March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 251
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 229
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 168

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today folks we have 251 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 229 days till November, and 168 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be here TOMORROW folks on Saturday. And it will be the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Wow. Folks it is no longer the Winter Wonderland today. It feels like a milestone day to be honest unofficially. Today we enter our new section on this thread. We have entered our “Super Spring” folks. A major exciting time of year. It is a long 2+ month time period that links us between the winter cold and the summer heat. If you’re not a fan of either of those 2 I suggest you really take in and enjoy every moment of these next 2+ months. It’s a terrific time of year. People on the radio yesterday were talking football and mentioning they wonder what games will be on Thanksgiving this year. Of course, I thought of all of you. It just made me smile for 2 normal guys to mention it (then again maybe they’re more like us than we realize). And I just mentioned how people don’t mention Thanksgiving like they do Christmas or Halloween during the offseason. Someone must have heard me! Well folks our 3-day weekend is beginning here and I hope all of you have a great Friday. Enjoy it and be safe before you head into your weekend. Have a great St. Patrick’s Day!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image