Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Happy New Year everyone. It was a very uneventful night for us but that is perfectly fine by me. I will start slowly taking down trees tomorrow and work on them through the weekend. It takes me awhile due to health issues, but I am in no hurry to see them go anyway! Today is laundry day; not very exciting but it needs to be done! Going to make some slow cooked turkey stock overnight and then use some of it tomorrow for a homemade turkey pot pie. That is one good thing about the colder months, all the comfort food dishes I can make! I can tell I over-indulged on too many Christmas cookies and snacks and way too many restaurant or Take-out meals. We rarely go out to restaurants anymore but we seemed to do that a lot over the last three weeks. I am looking forward to getting back to cooking normal meals. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Years Day!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
It is I, the one who used to be here everyday but now visits every few months.
Christmas still going strong here, even though I have been dealing with the PCB's since the 26th. It is a good thing, I am feeling it this year, last year I was so numb to everything after my breakdown. My decorations will be up for a few more weeks since everything went up so late this year. I didn't do my outdoor decorations until 5 days before Christmas, so I will enjoy them all for a little bit longer than my usual January 8th self imposed shutdown. My trees will be up for 2 or so more weeks. We were all sick throughout the month of November, my oldest had mono and pneumonia, my youngest had pneumonia, I had bronchitis, and my wife had a severe sinus infection. We spent a small fortune visiting the doctor multiple times for all of us. That is why everything went up so late, and why we now refer to November 2018 as the "lost month."
I am hoping to be here a lot more this year.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I have missed you all, as I have been thinking of all of you and this place.
Sorry for the long-winded greeting.
Happy New Year!
Ron

Hi Ron - May 2019 be a year of health and happiness for you and the family. I have kept you in mind while you have been away from us. Glad to hear from you.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Christmas still going strong here, even though I have been dealing with the PCB's since the 26th. It is a good thing, I am feeling it this year, last year I was so numb to everything after my breakdown. My decorations will be up for a few more weeks since everything went up so late this year. I didn't do my outdoor decorations until 5 days before Christmas, so I will enjoy them all for a little bit longer than my usual January 8th self imposed shutdown. My trees will be up for 2 or so more weeks. We were all sick throughout the month of November, my oldest had mono and pneumonia, my youngest had pneumonia, I had bronchitis, and my wife had a severe sinus infection. We spent a small fortune visiting the doctor multiple times for all of us. That is why everything went up so late, and why we now refer to November 2018 as the "lost month."
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I have missed you all, as I have been thinking of all of you and this place.
Happy New Year!
Ron
Welcome back, Bro! Sorry you guys have been sick, but it's good to see you!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hello and Happy New Year! I've been viewing the forums throughout the last year for a festive fix. I'm still celebrating last Christmas but I look forward to joining you all in the countdown to this year's Christmas.

Welcome, Vixen! Pull up a chair and join us as we continue to celebrate the joys of the season!

Lots of fun to hang with people who think about Christmas before and after the season passes. Christmas is always here or on the way!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
no fun being sick during the holidays, but glad to hear you are improving and could enjoy some of the fun. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers

Thanks, Star.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy New Year!
Ron

Good to have you back!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I do find New Year's day the most depressing day of the year, and I'm fighting the PCB's. I do have one more day of vacation left, and one more Christmas party to attend. I'm not going to stop my Christmas music or movies yet. Friends keep telling me New Year's day is a new beginning, start looking and planning for the future, but I love reveling in the spirit of the Christmas past. They don't understand my feelings for Christmas, I'm glad all of you know what I mean. I am not alone in this.

Christmas Wackos Unite!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello and Happy New Year! I've been viewing the forums throughout the last year for a festive fix. I'm still celebrating last Christmas but I look forward to joining you all in the countdown to this year's Christmas.

Hi and welcome to the countdown, Vixen! Jump right in! Happy New Year!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yesterday was a difficult one as I had to go to work and then took off an hour early to greet the delivery guy with the chair on wheels for my husband. Found him on the kitchen floor; he had fallen after calling me to let me know he was going to have a nap so I wouldn't call to check on him. The cat was hiding; not sure what to make of the situation. Took half an hour to get him to his feet and to bed.

I took off and went and picked up a rollator that I had considered for two weeks, but finally had no choice.

Nearly started to cry in the car on the drive home because the reality of the situation is hard to accept for him. I drove a bit further so the music could comfort me - toughen me - so I can be strong for him.

If he doesn't want home care, then he has to accept that his legs aren't working well and he needs to use the rollator or his cane to get around to avoid a broken hip.

O'Malley isn't sure what to make of all the wheels around here; he's a bit nervous about the cane to begin with and now just watches and wonders. He rests beside my chair most of the time now. Guess I'm the "Big Cat" now.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, sure hope I kick this migraine that the fireworks caused.

Stay Jolly!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy New Year!
Ron

Oh Ron! It's so good to see you posting and checking in. I've missed your posts and commentary! I'm sorry to hear this past year has been such a struggle physically and emotionally for the entire family, but I pray that 2019 looks up for all of you.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers - Happy New Year! Oh and I obviously think of you all the time when it comes to hockey - Pens are really turning it around lately!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image