Halloween 2021 Countdown!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
You guessed it. The mix on my playlist has a bit of an...ahem...harder edge...but there are tons of mixes out there. I might end up replacing this one with a more "Gothic" sounding mix.
I still rock the old school 8-bit track of it! I've always loved that game and the soundtrack.

When that game came out, i was still too little (3 years old), but my Dad would play it on the NES and I would watch him play it, like watching a movie. Eventually I got big enough / good enough to play it myself, and I've always been hooked on Castlevania ever since. Castlevania is really the perfect Halloween video game if you think about it, there are always things like ghouls, werewolves, vampires, etc!!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good stuff, Rich! You don't mind if I steal borrow some of these for my own playlist, do you?
They're not mine. Have at them.
I've never heard of The Halloween Blues. I LOVE IT!!! (Added)

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I still rock the old school 8-bit track of it! I've always loved that game and the soundtrack.

When that game came out, i was still too little (3 years old), but my Dad would play it on the NES and I would watch him play it, like watching a movie. Eventually I got big enough / good enough to play it myself, and I've always been hooked on Castlevania ever since. Castlevania is really the perfect Halloween video game if you think about it, there are always things like ghouls, werewolves, vampires, etc!!
Out of all of the Castlevania games I've played, that song is the one that stuck with me the most. I remember being blown away by it at the time. I loved the day/night system of Simon's Quest where the monsters became increasingly harder to kill at night, and the music became much more sinister.

Unfortunately those were the days before the internet, so I never finished the game because walkthroughs didn't exist yet, and my kid brain couldn't process what to do when I got stuck at certain points.

"What a miserable night to have a curse."

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
If you like listening to ambient sounds, then Ambient-Mixer is for you. You can listen to other peoples mixes, make your own mixes, and even customize somebody else's mix for yourself. And save them as your own. FREE. No ads. It runs on a continuous loop and never stops until you stop it. I enjoy it very much. Especially the Christmas mixes. I'm going to check out the Halloween mixes today. Starting with "Cozy Witch's Night".
What a cool site, I had no idea, thanks for sharing.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 205
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 175
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 21

Good Morning Halloween Fans! We had a fun banter in here yesterday as we were discussing Halloween playlists. It seems the board here is getting more lively as the HALF WAY point draws near. And that's not the only thing drawing near, we are now a mere FIVE Days away from the all important 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN, and the sight of our two main countdowns being in the 100's. The "Jack O Lantern Day" countdown will return in May, but guys, the countdowns are going to look kind of thin because we are getting closer and closer. EVERYTHING looks different after getting to the half-way point.

To say I am getting excited is an understatement. The Half Way point for me represents a huge turning point. It is at the point where I feel comfortable "uncorking" the Halloween & Fall Stuff a bit. I'll turn into a horror marathon on TV if it catches my eye. I might play the playlist on a non milestone day, or whenever the mood strikes me. If I get a cool and rainy night I might burn the pumpkin candles. Folks, when the new year starts, I try my best to limit how much I mess around with "Halloween Stuff", because I want to keep the experiences special, the same thing that I do with Christmas stuff. But when I get to the Half Way point for both, realizing then comfortably that our destination is then getting closer and closer, I comfortably indulge. And I can't wait. But first we have the rest of this great month of April to enjoy.

Have a great Friday, MMC!

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Good Morning Halloween Fans! We had a fun banter in here yesterday as we were discussing Halloween playlists. It seems the board here is getting more lively as the HALF WAY point draws near. And that's not the only thing drawing near, we are now a mere FIVE Days away from the all important 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN, and the sight of our two main countdowns being in the 100's. The "Jack O Lantern Day" countdown will return in May, but guys, the countdowns are going to look kind of thin because we are getting closer and closer. EVERYTHING looks different after getting to the half-way point.

To say I am getting excited is an understatement. The Half Way point for me represents a huge turning point. It is at the point where I feel comfortable "uncorking" the Halloween & Fall Stuff a bit. I'll turn into a horror marathon on TV if it catches my eye. I might play the playlist on a non milestone day, or whenever the mood strikes me. If I get a cool and rainy night I might burn the pumpkin candles. Folks, when the new year starts, I try my best to limit how much I mess around with "Halloween Stuff", because I want to keep the experiences special, the same thing that I do with Christmas stuff. But when I get to the Half Way point for both, realizing then comfortably that our destination is then getting closer and closer, I comfortably indulge. And I can't wait. But first we have the rest of this great month of April to enjoy.

Yes. Getting to see other playlists helped grow mine. Discovering/getting new Halloween music is always a great time of fun.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Ironically, today's countdown post was #666. :oops:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Yes. Getting to see other playlists helped grow mine. Discovering/getting new Halloween music is always a great time of fun.
Indeed! Especially since there's not a whole lot of Halloween music out there, at least compared to Christmas music. I love seeing other people's playlists.

Seems like the momentum is really building up towards the halfway point. Let's keep this going!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Indeed! Especially since there's not a whole lot of Halloween music out there, at least compared to Christmas music. I love seeing other people's playlists.

Seems like the momentum is really building up towards the halfway point. Let's keep this going!
There's a forum right "next door" to us called Halloween Music. User SoundsofChristmas is looking for music suggestions for a Halloween playlists. Another good place to show off your picks while helping him/her out.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Just saw this deal on "Shudder" and thought it might be relevant. "Use code HALFOFF6 for 50% off 6 months of the top-rated horror streaming service."

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
There's a forum right "next door" to us called Halloween Music. User SoundsofChristmas is looking for music suggestions for a Halloween playlists. Another good place to show off your picks while helping him/her out.
Yep, I've seen that thread. I've posted a few of the songs on my playlist there. Tried to keep it to stuff that maybe isn't so common or that other people haven't heard, like "Spider Dance."

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! We made it to another April Weekend. Almost feeling like October isn't it? My neighbor has their lights on. It's not quite Halloween or Christmas. It's just...lights. Maybe there's a hidden holiday I don't recognize that uses blue lights. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Yep, I've seen that thread. I've posted a few of the songs on my playlist there. Tried to keep it to stuff that maybe isn't so common or that other people haven't heard, like "Spider Dance."
I keep hearing you mention "Spider Dance". Without looking it up, is there any chance you are referring to "Spider" dance from the Muffet boss fight on undertale? Like undertale / Toby Fox?

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 204
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 174
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 20

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! Not as much of a great post today, as I am soon off to run the 4K trail race at our local park. The countdowns are looking pretty good today! A couple of more days and we hit the all important 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN MILESTONE!

Have a great Saturday, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I keep hearing you mention "Spider Dance". Without looking it up, is there any chance you are referring to "Spider" dance from the Muffet boss fight on undertale? Like undertale / Toby Fox?
Right on, again. I'm seriously impressed. Even my friends who consider themselves gamers usually have no idea what "Spider Dance" is, much less know anything about Undertale. Well done!

Since that is one of the catchiest songs from Undertale, and since spiders are loosely associated with Halloween, I started wondering if I could shoehorn "Spider Dance" into my playlist under the guise of a Halloween song. There are all kinds of mixes on Spotify, but truthfully most of them aren't very good, and almost none of them have a very spooky, Halloween feel to them. I wanted to find a mix where, if someone heard it for the first time, they'd immediately think it came from a Halloween album and have no idea they're actually listening to a boss fight from a video game.

This version by Tristan Grey is the closest I've found so far, and it's the version that I have on my playlist. The orchestral arrangement makes it sound like you've just walked into a haunted house filled with spiders, and you feel like you're going to have a bad time.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Right on, again. I'm seriously impressed. Even my friends who consider themselves gamers usually have no idea what "Spider Dance" is, much less know anything about Undertale. Well done!

Since that is one of the catchiest songs from Undertale, and since spiders are loosely associated with Halloween, I started wondering if I could shoehorn "Spider Dance" into my playlist under the guise of a Halloween song. There are all kinds of mixes on Spotify, but truthfully most of them aren't very good, and almost none of them have a very spooky, Halloween feel to them. I wanted to find a mix where, if someone heard it for the first time, they'd immediately think it came from a Halloween album and have no idea they're actually listening to a boss fight from a video game.

This version by Tristan Grey is the closest I've found so far, and it's the version that I have on my playlist. The orchestral arrangement makes it sound like you've just walked into a haunted house filled with spiders, and you feel like you're going to have a bad time.

Seriously we must be long lost relatives or something. Sounds like we like the same kind of music, and the same kind of games. And obviously the same hobbies as far as "Christmas Hunting" and the perpetual longing for Fall.....

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Seriously we must be long lost relatives or something. Sounds like we like the same kind of music, and the same kind of games. And obviously the same hobbies as far as "Christmas Hunting" and the perpetual longing for Fall.....
I'd agree with you on all counts...except that most of my relatives think I'm insane for bringing up Christmas anytime before December. :) It usually earns me an eye roll and a "What are you smoking?" type of stare. And I'm pretty sure if I ever mentioned "Christmas Hunting" they'd disown me. But, if you have any German or French lineage, I'd almost be convinced. I've seen posts of yours where I'd wonder, "Did I post that?"

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans. Still feels good being on the opposite side of the year month to October. I'm happy where we are. I'm enjoying it. But of course I'm dreaming of October. Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image