MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 198
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 168
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 14

Good Morning Halloween Fans!

Another great morning of seeing both counts be in the 100's! The good news is we will be treated to that sight for a while.

Exactly two weeks now until Halfoween! Next week this time, It will feel like one of those Fridays that we always talk about, those Fridays that lead you into the amazing October weekends. Next Friday really will feel like that, and I'm excited.

Have a great Friday, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I wonder how long it will be before Shudder starts calling it Halfoween?

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I wonder how long it will be before Shudder starts calling it Halfoween?
I had to Google what Shudder was, and may I say once again MMC makes my life so much better, in so many ways?!?!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Tomorrow as we reach the 13 day mark to Halfoween, I will begin listening to Grim & Mild's "13 Days of Halloween" podcast -- one episode per day until we reach Halfoween. If anyone wants to listen along, you can find it here (there's an embedded player further down the page):

It's also on Spotify, iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, etc. All the usual places.

The first episode is titled "The Entrance." Full disclaimer: This will be the first time I've listened to this podcast, so if it's laughably bad, I'm sorry. :p

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 197
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 167
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 13

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! It's not one of those wonderful October weekends that we dream about, but with the cold temperatures it almost could be!

Next week at this time, I will begin my "final descent" towards Halfoween, with the first episode of Channel Zero: Candle Cove. 6 episodes. 6 days leading up to that MAGIC DAY, April 30th. With Thursday being Tom Turkey Day, and Sunday being Rudolph Day, it is going to be a special time here with the sampling of the three best Holidays that there are.

Have a great Saturday, folks!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to pick up the seeds for this year's pumpkins and gourds and have them ready to start inside on Halfaween, a fun tradition to start!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 196
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 166
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 12

Good Morning Halloween Fans! This time next week we will already be well on our way towards Halfoween! We will be celebrating Rudolph Day, which is always grand, and as an added bonus, we will see the "Days to October 1st" count break into the 150's on Sunday. WOW.

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday for another round of Christmas Hunting. I didn't spot any more tubs of Christmas items up on the top shelf, but I DID see the telltale signs of blank spaces and areas being prepared. My Wife's guess was maybe Fall Stuff, because last year, we saw a little bit of a Fall presence before the Christmas stuff popped in there everywhere. Either way will be exciting.

Another cold day ahead of me doing yard work outside, It will really feel like one of those chilly October or November days! Works for me! Have a great Sunday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 195
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 165
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 11

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 23
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 27

Good Morning Halloween Friends! A new day, a new set of numbers to behold.

1st things first, today is 250 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS. I have to mention it because I am insanely excited about it. I can't wait for Crown to post in the main Christmas countdown thread, we've been working to today for a long time!

Now, back to business here on the Halloween thread. We will see the "Days to October" countdown break into the 150's on SUNDAY!. And now we are just 11 days out from HALFOWEEN. Basically a week and a half!

All weekend long it was cold outside, and working outdoors and mowing grass and what not, I kept constantly feeling like it was a weekend in late October or early November with the cold. The only thing missing was the Halloween shows on TV. It is still going to be pretty cold this week, Wednesday only gets to 50, and the overnight low is 34! I'm happy to be reminded of what it feels like in The Bers / Fall, and I'm fortunate that I am getting a reminder. I'm not sure if this cold weather will last until Halfoween, but if it does, It will make it that much more special. Have a great day!

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
So far the "13 Days of Halloween" podcast has been pretty good! Yesterday's episode wasn't as suspenseful as the first, so we'll see if today's is any better. Still, it's an impressive production and one that I'm very glad I stumbled across before Halfoween.

The only thing I can't get over is the voice of Keegan Michael-Key as the Caretaker. His voice is very recognizable, and he's not using a strong enough accent to mask it, so every time he speaks it pulls me out of the experience a bit. Thankfully the other players have strong performances, and the Caretaker really only bookends each episode.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! We're nearing that Halfway marker to Halloween aren't we? I think that we got to hold on to the rest of April with a tight grip before it's too late. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 194
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 164
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 10

Happy Tuesday Halloween Friends! Like Edge Said, Halfoween is really drawing close! 10 days away now! I can't remember the last time an April went by this fast. It sure didn't go this fast last year.

Today is suppose to be a warm day, 70 degrees, but it looks like the next four or 5 days are going to be chilly. March indeed was warmer than April, that seems to be how it goes around here.

Have a great Tuesday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Greetings, fellow spooks, and welcome to another terrifying Tuesday! Of course, anything terrifying is actually a good thing here in the Halloween Countdown thread, but you know what's not terrifying? This week's Seasonal Candy of the Week! Let's get right to it!

This week we continue our look at upcoming candies that you might be stocking up on for this Halloween! Thanks to a leak discovered by the CandyHunting Instagram account, I'm happy to present to you: Skittles Shriekers!

Photo by CandyHunting on April 19, 2021. May be an image of candy.

The hook with Skittles Shriekers is that you mostly have a bag of regular Skittles, but there are some random Skittles in each bag that are extremely sour...so sour you'll shriek! Get it? It's a perfect prank to pull on unsuspecting friends or loved ones.

Personally, I have never enjoyed even plain Skittles, so I can't see myself picking these up this year except to hand out to some trick-or-treaters, but what about you? Will Skittles Shriekers have a place in your candy dish this Halloween?

And that's that! We'll keep rolling next week with even more future Halloween candies that you'll be able to enjoy in 2021, but for now, enjoy your terrifying Tuesday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Greetings, fellow spooks, and welcome to another terrifying Tuesday! Of course, anything terrifying is actually a good thing here in the Halloween Countdown thread, but you know what's not terrifying? This week's Seasonal Candy of the Week! Let's get right to it!

This week we continue our look at upcoming candies that you might be stocking up on for this Halloween! Thanks to a leak discovered by the CandyHunting Instagram account, I'm happy to present to you: Skittles Shriekers!

Photo by CandyHunting on April 19, 2021. May be an image of candy.

The hook with Skittles Shriekers is that you mostly have a bag of regular Skittles, but there are some random Skittles in each bag that are extremely sour...so sour you'll shriek! Get it? It's a perfect prank to pull on unsuspecting friends or loved ones.

Personally, I have never enjoyed even plain Skittles, so I can't see myself picking these up this year except to hand out to some trick-or-treaters, but what about you? Will Skittles Shriekers have a place in your candy dish this Halloween?

And that's that! We'll keep rolling next week with even more future Halloween candies that you'll be able to enjoy in 2021, but for now, enjoy your terrifying Tuesday!

As someone who loves sour candy (I used to buy the entire paint can of sour gumballs), this is something that I am going to for sure buy as soon as I see in the store!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image