Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm so thankful we still have 69 days until Turkey Day.
Let's enjoy them all!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to pick up a small whole turkey and another breast ASAP, two ladies that I work with have tested positive with COVID. They were both vaccinated when I was back in January and February. One of them is pretty sick. It was an eerie day at work.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 68
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 44

Happy Final Weekend Of Summer! I hope all is well around your area today. And we look above at our 2 countdowns that we have remaining of the 3 that we started with a very, very, very long time ago. And they look as follows: 68 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 44 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is on Wednesday which will be the Arrival Of Autumn. Yes, I know many of us think we have been in Autumn already but officially we have not. And it will be nice to see it come here in the middle of next week. We’ll celebrate the arrival of it here in the Hang Out of course. It’s just another great milestone on our road of milestones that we have enjoyed all the way through this countdown thread. I hope that everyone is getting little turkey thoughts in their head here in September. It’s a great time of year to think about it without the pressure of having to get ready for it. September? Honestly, maybe the most “free, easy, fun, simplistic, awesome” month of the year. It’s like the perfect setup without the big stuff being in it. Now you all enjoy your Saturday ok? This is a big one as it’s the last one of summer. Enjoy it. Have fun. Try to be happy. Have a great Final Weekend Of Summer!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 67
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 43

Happy September Sunday! Our countdowns above to start off this Sunday are as follows: 67 days until Thanksgiving & 43 days until November. Our next milestone is on Wednesday which will be the arrival of Autumn which will be quite the one to celebrate. We all love Autumn. I know it. You know it. We all know it. It’s our #1 season and it’s only in 3 days from now. And then we’ll truly be fully into the most amazing season of the year. I hope all you turkey fans will enjoy the last few days of summer. Let them last as long as you can because there’s no turning back once we start Autumn. Then we are in our favorite season. And yes all the greatest things are still ahead of us. And of course you can tell that by our countdowns above. The greatest day to many of us here in this thread is still Thanksgiving Day. And that is why it’s hard to imagine not enjoying every moment that you can leading into it. If you are looking for turkeys this early I hope you find them. I’m here struggling just to have Halloween Candy yet. All Thanksgiving fans please enjoy this Sunday. I hope the weather cooperates for you and you realize the a/c you might still be running most likely won’t be running too much longer. Have a great September Sunday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 67
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 43

Happy September Sunday! Our countdowns above to start off this Sunday are as follows: 67 days until Thanksgiving & 43 days until November. Our next milestone is on Wednesday which will be the arrival of Autumn which will be quite the one to celebrate. We all love Autumn. I know it. You know it. We all know it. It’s our #1 season and it’s only in 3 days from now. And then we’ll truly be fully into the most amazing season of the year. I hope all you turkey fans will enjoy the last few days of summer. Let them last as long as you can because there’s no turning back once we start Autumn. Then we are in our favorite season. And yes all the greatest things are still ahead of us. And of course you can tell that by our countdowns above. The greatest day to many of us here in this thread is still Thanksgiving Day. And that is why it’s hard to imagine not enjoying every moment that you can leading into it. If you are looking for turkeys this early I hope you find them. I’m here struggling just to have Halloween Candy yet. All Thanksgiving fans please enjoy this Sunday. I hope the weather cooperates for you and you realize the a/c you might still be running most likely won’t be running too much longer. Have a great September Sunday!​

Our A/C yesterday didn't start running until late afternoon, and I think overnight after about 11PM, it didn't run at all. We have several days this week where the overnight low is going to get into the 40's.

Speaking of turkeys, I continue to buy turkeys and turkey breasts wherever I spot them. Right now we have two full-size birds, and five packs of turkey breasts. I'm not sure how long turkeys may be difficult to get, but around here it seems to be easing up. They were scarce for several weeks, but yesterday they were every where. No telling if there will be a run on them here as we get closer to turkey day, but last year we didn't run out in the stores, so hopefully fingers crossed this year will be the same.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Our A/C yesterday didn't start running until late afternoon, and I think overnight after about 11PM, it didn't run at all. We have several days this week where the overnight low is going to get into the 40's.

Speaking of turkeys, I continue to buy turkeys and turkey breasts wherever I spot them. Right now we have two full-size birds, and five packs of turkey breasts. I'm not sure how long turkeys may be difficult to get, but around here it seems to be easing up. They were scarce for several weeks, but yesterday they were every where. No telling if there will be a run on them here as we get closer to turkey day, but last year we didn't run out in the stores, so hopefully fingers crossed this year will be the same.
Cooling off a bit!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 66
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 42

Happy September Week! We look above at our countdowns and we come up with the following statistics: 66 days till Thanksgiving & 42 days till November. Our next milestone? Well folks that would be on Wednesday which is the day after tomorrow (or 2 days if you’d like to be official about it). And that will be the arrival of the amazing season of Autumn. I mean that’s what it pretty much is about to us on this site and in this thread isn’t it? And it’s now only 2 days away. By the way, today is Monday so our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week is now at 9. 9 folks. It’s single digits weeks! I don’t know about you but I’m not even believing that at this point. Yet, it is true believe it or not. And it’s a full week of September here folks. It’s time to enjoy it all and have fun with it. This is such a special and great month. And we have to enjoy it while we can. September may not be November to us here in this thread but you all feel what I’m feeling don’t you? Just a feeling of being content being in this month of September. And we have a great feeling being in it. No reason to rush forward. No reason to look behind. Just enjoy the present as much as we possibly can. Have a great September Week!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 66
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 42

Happy September Week! We look above at our countdowns and we come up with the following statistics: 66 days till Thanksgiving & 42 days till November. Our next milestone? Well folks that would be on Wednesday which is the day after tomorrow (or 2 days if you’d like to be official about it). And that will be the arrival of the amazing season of Autumn. I mean that’s what it pretty much is about to us on this site and in this thread isn’t it? And it’s now only 2 days away. By the way, today is Monday so our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week is now at 9. 9 folks. It’s single digits weeks! I don’t know about you but I’m not even believing that at this point. Yet, it is true believe it or not. And it’s a full week of September here folks. It’s time to enjoy it all and have fun with it. This is such a special and great month. And we have to enjoy it while we can. September may not be November to us here in this thread but you all feel what I’m feeling don’t you? Just a feeling of being content being in this month of September. And we have a great feeling being in it. No reason to rush forward. No reason to look behind. Just enjoy the present as much as we possibly can. Have a great September Week!​
9 weeks! :oops:
Wowsers!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Single digit weeks for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. It's real now. The Feels are stirring today.

I'm clinging to September and those last ten days, though. I love Thanksgiving, but I'm in absolutely no hurry for it to get here now that we've made it to the Bers. I just want to bask in the Sweet Spot a little longer.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Seeing the single digits in the Weeks Countdown is so exciting, like so many others I am not wanting to wish away September but there is no denying that time is flying by.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image