Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
BTW, only two and half weeks until Thanksgiving in Canada (Oct. 11). :)

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 63
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 39

Happy Awesome Autumn! We look above at our countdowns and see the following statistics: 63 days till Thanksgiving & 39 days till November. And today folks it’s MILESTONE DAY. Woohoo we have reached the 10th Tom Turkey Day. And our next milestone? Believe it or not it’s in 8 days when we welcome in the month of OCTOBER which is the start of the 11th and FINAL month on the journey back to November. Ouch. Well let’s get to our poll today!

When do you normally pick out your turkey?

• The Weekend Before Thanksgiving
  • Early November
  • October
  • What do you mean WHEN? I already did!
  • My answer is A. I go out the weekend before Thanksgiving and pick it out. They usually have tons of them here so I don’t have a problem with it. What about you? Let us know in the poll today. Have a great Awesome Autumn!​

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

Happy Awesome Autumn! We look above at our countdowns and see the following statistics: 63 days till Thanksgiving & 39 days till November. And today folks it’s MILESTONE DAY. Woohoo we have reached the 10th Tom Turkey Day. And our next milestone? Believe it or not it’s in 8 days when we welcome in the month of OCTOBER which is the start of the 11th and FINAL month on the journey back to November. Ouch. Well let’s get to our poll today!

• Early November
  • October
  • My answer is A. I go out the weekend before Thanksgiving and pick it out. They usually have tons of them here so I don’t have a problem with it. What about you? Let us know in the poll today. Have a great Awesome Autumn!​
I am somewhere between Early November and the Weekend Before Thanksgiving. Because my extended family celebrates the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I try to pick my bird up by Tuesday the week before Thanksgiving Week and let it thaw until Saturday when I cook it. I know they say it only takes 2 days in the fridge to thaw, but it seems to take mine much longer. Anybody have the same problem?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I am somewhere between Early November and the Weekend Before Thanksgiving. Because my extended family celebrates the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I try to pick my bird up by Tuesday the week before Thanksgiving Week and let it thaw until Saturday when I cook it. I know they say it only takes 2 days in the fridge to thaw, but it seems to take mine much longer. Anybody have the same problem?
Yes it takes more like 4 days for us but it depends on the pounds!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 62
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 38

Happy Autumn TGIF! Today we look above at the counts and see that we have 62 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 38 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is in 1 week from now when reach the arrival of month #11 of 11 on our way back to November as the month of October (my personal favorite) arrives. I know that doesn’t seem possible but it is. That’s why all summer long I preached to enjoy where we are. Even back in the spring and yes even in the winter where I was freezing. I tried to tell you all to enjoy it as much as you can because some day we’d be in The Bers and be thinking “wow how did we get here?” And here we are. And that’s ok because looking forward to something is half the fun but the other and more important half is ENJOYING IT when it’s here. And I know most of you have been enjoying the month of September. We still have a strong 7 days of it to go so let’s make the most of this amazing pressure-free month. Still such an incredible month to me despite the fact it doesn’t have the excitement as much as the other 3 months to come. It’s just amazing this month. Have a great Autumn TGIF!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 62
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 38

Happy Autumn TGIF! Today we look above at the counts and see that we have 62 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 38 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is in 1 week from now when reach the arrival of month #11 of 11 on our way back to November as the month of October (my personal favorite) arrives. I know that doesn’t seem possible but it is. That’s why all summer long I preached to enjoy where we are. Even back in the spring and yes even in the winter where I was freezing. I tried to tell you all to enjoy it as much as you can because some day we’d be in The Bers and be thinking “wow how did we get here?” And here we are. And that’s ok because looking forward to something is half the fun but the other and more important half is ENJOYING IT when it’s here. And I know most of you have been enjoying the month of September. We still have a strong 7 days of it to go so let’s make the most of this amazing pressure-free month. Still such an incredible month to me despite the fact it doesn’t have the excitement as much as the other 3 months to come. It’s just amazing this month. Have a great Autumn TGIF!​
The first Friday of Autumn and November/Thanksgiving are not too far behind.
Very exciting!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

• Early November
  • October
Since we haven't yet hosted Thanksgiving at our house, we haven't had to pick out a turkey. But...if we did ever host a Thanksgiving meal (and we will), I think that I already would have picked it out by this point. The anticipation and, strangely, excitement of picking a Thanksgiving turkey is one of the many highlights of the Bers!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
And that’s ok because looking forward to something is half the fun but the other and more important half is ENJOYING IT when it’s here.

You are so right, Edge and it is why I appreciate you and your threads so much, looking forward to something is half the fun! September has flown by and I am hoping that October goes a little slower, but there is no denying that Thanksgiving is looming large!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Of course, It always takes at least four or five days to thaw in the refrigerator and with a bigger turkey maybe more.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
And that’s ok because looking forward to something is half the fun but the other and more important half is ENJOYING IT when it’s here.

You are so right, Edge and it is why I appreciate you and your threads so much, looking forward to something is half the fun! September has flown by and I am hoping that October goes a little slower, but there is no denying that Thanksgiving is looming large!
Thanks! Yes I enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 61
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 37

Happy Autumn Weekend! Today we look above at our countdowns to start this first weekend of autumn off and we see the following numbers in front of us. We have 61 days to go until Thanksgiving and 37 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is when we see the arrival of October which will be the start of the 11th of 11 months on our way back to the month of November where of course we have the build to Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day itself of course. Lots of time to go though. We just began Autumn so no need to worry. But yeah that day when we see our next milestone will be on Friday of next week. Indeed, that will be a special TGIF knowing that we entered the month of October by then. Me? I’m still loving September. And I know most of you are even though you all love turkey, stuffing, and gravy. And it’s great to know the parade will happen his year isn’t it? I hope it will be awesome this year. And I hope it captures us all. But let’s just enjoy this weekend shall we? It’s a great and special one. It’s the last one of September but the first one of Autumn. Great combination isn’t it? An Autumn September Weekend! Have a great Autumn Weekend!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image