Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 60
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 36

Happy Sweet September Weekend! Today we look above at the counts and we see a nice round 60 days left until Thanksgiving. We also see November’s countdown at an amazing 36 days to go. Our next milestone? It’s far off from now all the way at the end of the week on Friday when we reach the Arrival Of October. And that will be the beginning of the 11th month of 11 on our journey back to November. And it is my personal favorite month overall. But here we are and still enjoying plenty of September days left. Might as well while we can right? There’s no rewinding. It’s been a fun month for sure and an amazing one. Always one of my personal favorites. Now if you love turkey, stuffing, gravy, and all the Thanksgiving things that I do I know you’re starting to get excited. But hold off. We have a whole 60 days to go until that day. Do not look too far ahead. Do not look too far behind. Look at today. That’s the best way to live life as much as you can. Then you’ll get the most out of each time of the year before they go by and you wish you had them back. So enjoy your relaxing Sunday no matter what your plans are. Enjoy the football. And enjoy this Autumn day. I hope it brings you the best that you could ask for. Have a great Sweet September Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
So check this out, Edge. I think you'd be proud. Today is my birthday. Starting last year, as a "birthday tradition" of sorts, we started having a "Thanksgiving Dinner", or "Thanksgiving Warmup" on my birthday. So after we have breakfast up there this morning, we are going back up this evening to have Smoked Turkey, collard greens, mac & cheese from Costco, mashed potatoes, brown n' serve rolls, AND a pumpkin pie for dessert! Sparkling cider for drinks! What an amazing feast it will be!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
So check this out, Edge. I think you'd be proud. Today is my birthday. Starting last year, as a "birthday tradition" of sorts, we started having a "Thanksgiving Dinner", or "Thanksgiving Warmup" on my birthday. So after we have breakfast up there this morning, we are going back up this evening to have Smoked Turkey, collard greens, mac & cheese from Costco, mashed potatoes, brown n' serve rolls, AND a pumpkin pie for dessert! Sparkling cider for drinks! What an amazing feast it will be!
Happy Birthday and your meal sounds delicious! Enjoy!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving Warmup and have a wonderful day!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed the meal and had a great day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Birthday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 59
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 35

Happy Last Week Of September! I know it’s hard to believe but this is the last week of the first month of The Bers. We look at our counts above and see we have 59 days to go until Thanksgiving and 35 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s on Friday when we welcome in the arrival of the month of October. That will be the beginning of the final month on our road back to November. By the way, it’s Monday so our weekly countdown to Thanksgiving Week now is at 8 weeks. Yes, that is figure 8. And that is another amazing stat. They are all amazing this time of year aren’t they? And the weather is starting to change now. The leaves will slowly start turning and falling. And then we enjoy it as the season really starts to change. It’s an amazing time of year and intoxicating. You have to really take it all in while you can. It’s one of the best times of the year for sure even though in this thread we focus on Thanksgiving Day #1. The road there that leads us to it is absolutely a big part of our love for Thanksgiving. We all have to enjoy it and enjoy it as much as possible. So let’s do that together. It’s a great time of the year. Have a great Last Week Of September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy to report that we have leaves that are starting to turn as we speak. I noticed when I mowed the back yard, that some leaves have even began to fall. It was magical seeing them actually fall as the wind was blowing yesterday. And the weather we had yesterday, it really felt like Thanksgiving. I love how the sights and sounds, and weather feelings can transport you right to a different place.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I like how we have the month of October, a.k.a "Spooky Season," as the precursor to Thanksgiving. You get a month of the dark and eerie, but on November 1st the darkness is lifted and you get to celebrate what you're thankful for. Very fitting.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Happy birthday. I hope your feast was everything you hoped for.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy to report that we have leaves that are starting to turn as we speak. I noticed when I mowed the back yard, that some leaves have even began to fall. It was magical seeing them actually fall as the wind was blowing yesterday. And the weather we had yesterday, it really felt like Thanksgiving. I love how the sights and sounds, and weather feelings can transport you right to a different place.
Definitely magical!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 58
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 34

Happy Late Late September! We are here folks into another day in our fabulous countdown. Our countdowns look so good right now. We have 58 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 34 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s on Friday when we welcome in the month of October. Yeah the arrival of the 11th month since November. And there are NO OTHER months standing in our way after that so we’ll literally be 1 month away from November. That’s not even possible in my mind but somehow it is true. And we have plenty of time to still enjoy, because October is quite frankly a phenomenal month. But obviously so is September in its own right. And in some laid-back yet weird feeling ways September might be like the most amazing month to me just because there is no pressure in it yet it’s THE BERS. I really love this month so much. I always did even when I was in school. So many great things came back in September. And we should enjoy it all as much as possible. We have 3 more days still remaining to enjoy of it. Let’s get the most out of it that we all can. I hope you are all having a fantastic day. Make it a great one folks. We all need to as much as we possibly can. Ok? Have a great Late Late September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Well said. September indeed has always seemed to be a "no pressure" month, even though it officially marks the return of so many things we hold near and dear to us - The Bers, NFL Football, First day of Fall, Hogwarts express departing the station, the list goes on and on. And I think its those kinds of thoughts that keep us "churning" so to speak when it's late January / February and the winter doldrums are starting to make an appearance. But no need to worry about that now! PLENTY of good time up ahead of us! Let's enjoy it all!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Well said. September indeed has always seemed to be a "no pressure" month, even though it officially marks the return of so many things we hold near and dear to us - The Bers, NFL Football, First day of Fall, Hogwarts express departing the station, the list goes on and on. And I think its those kinds of thoughts that keep us "churning" so to speak when it's late January / February and the winter doldrums are starting to make an appearance. But no need to worry about that now! PLENTY of good time up ahead of us! Let's enjoy it all!
Great point about keeping these thoughts close in January and February (and March, and April, and May...). I think this should be known as "having a September state of mind" throughout the year. No pressure, just warm thoughts of the Bers and all of the comfort that they bring with them.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
So I hate to jump too far ahead since we're not even in October yet, but I am really, really, really excited for Thanksgiving this year. We decided to only attend one dinner this year, so there's no rush; we can just take our time and enjoy the meal and the day. Also, if all goes according to plan, my brother and his wife and my nephew will be coming in for Thanksgiving this year! It will be only the second time I've seen my nephew since he was born in May.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image