Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am trying to ignore the candy in the cabinet, don't encourage me! LOL! But I will join in on some Halloween movies. I know we are enjoying October BUT 6 weeks from now we will be celebrating Thanksgiving Eve!!!
The problem is, that candy has a very seductive voice that makes it extremely hard to ignore. And even when you close the caginet door, it doesn't stop calling.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 42
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 18

Happy Halloween Season! We move ahead folks and look at our counts above with the following statistics. We have 42 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 18 days left until November. Our next milestone will be the Home Stretch to November which will happen in 1 week plus 1 day. Our month of October has been exciting and fun so far hasn’t it? Well today we’re going back to poll Thursday and here is today’s. I hope you enjoy it and contribute to it!

Where does the month of November rank, overall, in terms of your favorite month?

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 3rd
  • 4th or lower
  • For me? It would be #1. It’s a TOUGH call folks. I’m not going to lie. I could honestly easily put any of the 4 Bers months as #1 (yes even September). But I’d have to pick November because it has everything in it. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas crossroads. Have a great Halloween Season!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I hate to do it, but I have to say #2. The "month" of December is still the big kahuna around here. I detest the last week of December and have written about it lots in the past.

November easily earns the #2 spot, and October has #3, and September #4, respectively, IMO. But those numbers may lie. Folks, we are comparing all time great months. It's like comparing great hall of fame QB's, or legendary past world boxing champions. The ranking itself is composed of the absolute best. So the point I make is that there is not a huge drop off between spots. The Bers own an entire QUARTER of the year, and span 4 awesome months! So even if you take September, which in my ranking is #4 out of 12, you can see how much of a huge difference that is from say a low rated/ranked month like January. I have never really written it out, but I would have to think January is ranked dead last.

In other Thanksgiving related news, my wife texted me a picture from her mother yesterday, they are actively making the "Menu" as we speak, and beginning to go out and gather the ingredients! Makes my heart happy! Have a great day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I hate to do it, but I have to say #2. The "month" of December is still the big kahuna around here. I detest the last week of December and have written about it lots in the past.

November easily earns the #2 spot, and October has #3, and September #4, respectively, IMO. But those numbers may lie. Folks, we are comparing all time great months. It's like comparing great hall of fame QB's, or legendary past world boxing champions. The ranking itself is composed of the absolute best. So the point I make is that there is not a huge drop off between spots. The Bers own an entire QUARTER of the year, and span 4 awesome months! So even if you take September, which in my ranking is #4 out of 12, you can see how much of a huge difference that is from say a low rated/ranked month like January. I have never really written it out, but I would have to think January is ranked dead last.

In other Thanksgiving related news, my wife texted me a picture from her mother yesterday, they are actively making the "Menu" as we speak, and beginning to go out and gather the ingredients! Makes my heart happy! Have a great day!
I just sent out my Thanksgiving text last night to see what everyone is bringing this year..made me so happy and excited to do it!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Happy Halloween Season! We move ahead folks and look at our counts above with the following statistics. We have 42 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 18 days left until November. Our next milestone will be the Home Stretch to November which will happen in 1 week plus 1 day. Our month of October has been exciting and fun so far hasn’t it? Well today we’re going back to poll Thursday and here is today’s. I hope you enjoy it and contribute to it!

Where does the month of November rank, overall, in terms of your favorite month?

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 3rd
  • 4th or lower
  • For me? It would be #1. It’s a TOUGH call folks. I’m not going to lie. I could honestly easily put any of the 4 Bers months as #1 (yes even September). But I’d have to pick November because it has everything in it. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas crossroads. Have a great Halloween Season!
This is quite possibly the toughest poll yet. Can we declare a tie for #1 between November and December? November has Thanksgiving Week, the parade, and the beginnings of the Christmas season, but December is really when it all comes alive, and you have Christmas specials and music and decorations and the magic and anticipation! But December also has that dreaded last week after Christmas is over when my Post-Christmas Blues rear their ugly head. So I really can't decide.

I guess, if you put it in the context of "Which month could you not imagine disappearing from the calendar?" then my choice would be December. I can't imagine a year without December in it, whereas if November were poofed away, I'd hate it, but I'd still be able to transition from October to December.

Thankfully, this is all hypothetical and I can enjoy both months!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm with @SolidSnake84, November is #2. Dec #1, Oct #3, and Sep #4.
The best time of the year is from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Day. And most of that is in December.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Thanksgiving Eve...my absolute favorite.
Mine too! I think I am a goner for this year! I am in the Zone and am going to be in this state of happiness/anticipation for the next 6 weeks!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It knows our names.
It does! I bought another bag of candy today at Dollar General, assorted Reese's, I don't even want to lie to you-- I don't think it is my last!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I'm with @SolidSnake84, November is #2. Dec #1, Oct #3, and Sep #4.
The best time of the year is from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Day. And most of that is in December.
Me too! Putting days, and weeks, aside (even though my favorite week is the week of Thanksgiving which is all about November), as months go, November is number one! December is a close second but once the 25th passes, the absence of anticipation weighs down the first 3 weeks.

Thank you, Edge and all of you here... no one else asks such introspective questions that make me so happy!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 3rd
  • 4th or lower
Here you go again, Edge, asking us the "which child do you love most" question. Can't do it. I enjoy September, I have an annual love affair with October, then November--how can you not love a month where the main holidays only requirements are good food, an attitude of gratitude, family, friends, football and a parade. TOO awesome. But then along comes December and there it i: presents, candy, we get to bring the outdoors in with a tree, people are nicer and we get to focus on family, love and our Savior. I mean, what can compete with that? I can't choose, it is like appetizers, soup and salad, main meal and the world's best and biggest dessert. I want them ALL.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 41
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 17

Happy Mid-October! Wow we have made it into the middle of the month (just about). And today’s countdowns emphasize that. We look above and see we have 41 days remaining until Thanksgiving. We also look above and see that we have 17 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is in 1 week from now folks. It will be the Home Stretch to November. Is that awesome or is that awesome? Yes, it’s a rhetorical question. I can’t help it if I am being rhetorical there. It’s amazing to see November off in the distance. But fortunately it’s still in the distance. We still have today, this weekend and then 2 full weeks left in October. That’s a lot of October to enjoy still. For some reason, October has slowed down a bit for me. Maybe it’s my imagination or maybe it’s the Halloween in me that is getting the most out of it. But it’s been fun and amazing. Such a great month and a great time of the year. Thanks to everyone who answered the poll yesterday. I’m trying to come up with a new concept for the 2022 thread. Yes, I mentioned that thread. It’s still early to. We have a full 6 weeks to go of this thread. And the best 6 weeks of this thread ahead. Have a great Mid-October!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image