Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I took today off to make a 4 day weekend and it feels strange being home on a Friday, but makes me think about the next time I'll be off work... Black Friday! I am hoping to get a lot of chores done but had to start my day with a visit here!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 48
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 24

Happy October TGIF! We move ahead and see our 2 countdowns continuing to move downward. We have 48 days to go until Thanksgiving and 24 days remaining until November. Our next milestone? It is indeed the “Home Stretch” to November which will happen 2 weeks from today. Yeah, we have the next 2 full weeks to build up to that. No rush in getting there. Lots of “pumping the brakes” references in this thread. Well it’s true. There’s no way to stop time or even slow it. The only way to really slow it a little bit is to enjoy the little things in each day. To me that’s how you get the most out of each day and therefore the days seem a little longer (in a good way) and so do the weeks. It’s been fun doing this thread and we have plenty of time to go. We got a lot of time left in it but I know a few of you will already ask the question “Are you going to do a 2022 Thanksgiving Thread?” I’m planning to unless there isn’t any demand for one but I have to say this year’s thread had more posts and participation than last year’s so I think it definitely has caught on some. I don’t want to think about it at this point because we still have the best part of THIS thread to go so let’s enjoy it. Have a great October TGIF!​
I love counting down to Thanksgiving, the weekly count to my favorite week of the year, and all of the milestones throughout the year. I appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to run a daily thread and truly hope you enjoy doing as much as I enjoy following.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I really appreciate all the work and dedication you put toward this thread. The joy in your heart comes thru in your daily posts. I'm looking forward to counting down to Thanksgiving next year with all of you.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I really appreciate all the work and dedication you put toward this thread. The joy in your heart comes thru in your daily posts. I'm looking forward to counting down to Thanksgiving next year with all of you.
Ditto! Just like what I said about the Halloween thread, it would be hard to imagine next year without a Thanksgiving thread! I'm always sad when Thanksgiving ends, but being able to come back here on Thanksgiving evening and converse with you all while waiting for the new thread always brings me a spark of joy.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm glad to hear that you are doing a 2022 Thread. I was just thinking about our Halloween Thread and planning myself to do a 2022 one. Like you, I hope that there is enough interest to keep it going and I also hope to pick up some new followers / posters for 22'. I would miss it if there wasn't a 2022 thread! But like you said we still have a while to go, so nothing to worry about at this time!
Yeah I want to focus on THIS thread but I 100% plan to do a 2022 one!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 47
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 23

Happy Owning October! Today we look at our counts to start off this weekend and we see numbers that pretty much are amazing to the eyes. Don’t you think? They look as the following: 47 days till Thanksgiving and 23 days till November. Our next milestone? It’s in 13 days (which is under 2 weeks) and that will be the home stretch to November. That’s right folks. And I’m not ready for it at all. I’m loving me some October. I know many of you Thanksgiving fans are also fans of Halloween, Autumn, Christmas, The Bers. The entire time of year that we love. That’s why we have had so much fun already in The Bers. And yet we have so much more fun to go. We’re lucky The Bers is so long and that we love the entire amount of it. We get the most out of it this way instead of just loving one holiday. But, with turkey in our hearts and souls we see that we still have the best holiday for us (Thanksgiving) ahead of us. And still far ahead of us. We have lots of time to go. And lots of preparations to make. And lots of excitement and exciting times leading up to it. So let’s keep enjoying it all together as we go forward and continue on our journey towards Thanksgiving. Have a great Owning October!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
A few of the fields around me have been harvested and the landscape is looking open and definitely Fall-ish, I am looking forward to getting out and enjoying the weather and the view!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 46
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 22

Happy Double Digits October! Today we move ahead in this amazing month of October and look at our 2 counts above. We see them bright and clear and see the #s as follows. We have 46 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 22 days left until November. Those are our countdowns on this Sunday. Now our next milestone is still a dozen long days away (yes that is a pump brake). We will see the Home Stretch to November at that time. Right now everyone I know is enjoying and loving being in October. And that is the way it should be. No rush and no need to rush towards anything. We have plenty of time to go (soon I won’t be able to say that with a straight face though huh?). I hope everyone is enjoying their October weekend and living it up. Having fun on the weekends is much needed after a long week of crazy times. No matter what your plans are today I suggest you take a few minutes out of your day to think about turkey. Like what could be better than that? Nothing. I think we should all think of those thoughts here in November. The anticipation just will build and build as we head forward that way. Have a great Double Digits October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Just one day before we hit the 3 weeks until November mark. Holy cow. It doesn't seem possible!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Just one day before we hit the 3 weeks until November mark. Holy cow. It doesn't seem possible!
How did November get so close?!? 3 weeks seems unbelievable, but the calendar doesn't lie!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 45
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 21

Happy Columbus Day! Today we move ahead in our counts and see that we have 45 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 21 days to go until November. Our next milestone? Why it is in 11 days from now when we reach the “Home Stretch” to November. That could be a lot of fun for sure and I look forward to it as I know all of you do as well. And we will get there slowly (and I do mean slowly) but surely. But we need to enjoy today first and have fun doing what we do. Just being here every day counting down together is so much fun isn’t it? And just enjoying the moments. That’s what it’s about all year long and this time of year is especially special. Now if you are a fan of turkey like I am I’d like to announce our Weekly Countdown to Thanksgiving Week (the best week of the year). It stands at 6 weeks. Uh huh. Half of a dozen weeks. That’s a good amount for sure. Weeks can be long so we still have lots of time for that. And yet it’s not quite as far away as it used to be huh? What happened? I don’t know but here we are. Now we’re all enjoying this Monday as much as we possibly can whether we’re working or have the day off. Let’s enjoy it together. Have a great Columbus Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
In our Thanksgiving news we will probably start buying spices this week just to be on the safe side. We went to the grocery store last night and the store seemed fine other than being low on milk. But, it was a Sunday night and I'm sure they don't get milk deliveries on the weekend. So far all of the food "shortages" seem to be regional. That's good news for us. Looking back, the last time that we experienced true shortages was around April / early May of 2020. Since then, the grocery stores have largely remained "normal"!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image