Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Don't forget: If you live close to a Popeye's and want to grab one of their cajun turkeys for Thanksgiving, orders open next Monday! I'm going to try to snag one this year. I don't know if I've gotta show up in person or if I can just order it online, but I'll do whatever it takes!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
6 weeks until THE week! I am so excited. No Popeye's near me, but a cajun turkey sounds delicious. I didn't realize they did made to order turkeys, mostly it is grocery stores that offer that service around me.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Just six more weeks and we'll be in heaven!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 44
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 20

Happy Dozen Days Of October! Today we look above at our countdowns and we see them continuing to decline. We have 44 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 20 days to go until November. Our next milestone is in 10 days from now when we will reach the Home Stretch to November. Uhhh yeah I’m not ready for that. I’m glad it’s still double digits away. I’m enjoying October as I know most of you are as well. And then we’ll worry about that when we get there. And I know many of you turkey fans are already planning your turkeys for this year. I know a few of you already picked it out. Or some of you are planning it. I never do it this early but I enjoy seeing others who are in the spirit and ready to go out and search for their turkey. The one thing you don’t want to do is reach Thanksgiving and not have a turkey on your table. That would be the worst thing to have happen and you don’t want to think about it. So you might as well pick out your turkey if you are ready to do it and get rid of that problem. And just enjoy it. Let it stay in your freezer and be a constant reminder of the times that are ahead of us. It sounds like a fun idea to me so enjoy it if you do it. Have a great Dozen Days Of October!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I have not seen any turkeys out yet in my grocery store....hopefully they should be coming out in the next few weeks. Typically I get ours the weekend before but maybe this year will be different??

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
20 days until November. Why must the Bers fly past so quickly? I'm trying to enjoy each day but I feel them slipping away from me. Never had this issue during the first half of the year. I guess the old adage "time flies when you're having fun" is appropriate in this case.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
As you all know I have a turkey for Thanksgiving in my freezer already. When I bought it, I also bought a boneless one that I will cook and we will eat for one meal but then I will portion it so that I have it for all the things that we love turkey in. Now I am keeping my eyes out for a ham to keep it company. Although, at least by me, port seems to be in good supply.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
As you all know I have a turkey for Thanksgiving in my freezer already. When I bought it, I also bought a boneless one that I will cook and we will eat for one meal but then I will portion it so that I have it for all the things that we love turkey in. Now I am keeping my eyes out for a ham to keep it company. Although, at least by me, port seems to be in good supply.
I have a small turkey and small ham ready to go, but I like the idea of picking up a boneless one for casseroles, etc... and am going to keep my eyes out.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 43
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 19

Happy October Teens! Yes we have reached the teens of this wonderful month of October and hopefully we can stretch them out for the next week and keep them going as long as we can. You’ll see why. We have 43 days until Thanksgiving remaining and we have 19 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s in 9 days (and yes we’ll be out of the October teens by then). It will be the Home Stretch to November. I know that we all love November but I really didn’t want September to end nor do I want October to. So fortunately with that count above saying 19 that makes me know we have plenty of October to go. Lots and lots of it to enjoy. Lots of Halloween shows to watch and candy to eat. Oh wait am I in the wrong thread? Of course, all of those Halloween signals to us are basically a sign of things to come. And we all know that Halloween for us in this thread is like a setup for us. It’s what comes before all the turkey, biscuits, and gravy talk/buildup. So let all the Halloween lovers (including myself) enjoy the heck out of this month. Then here in this thread we’ll sit back and relax. We’ll have fun and not worry about what’s to come. We’ll enjoy the moment we’re in. And smile at what’s ahead of us. Have a great October Teens!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We are probably gonna buy another bird (or two, or three :)) the next outing for groceries. I like to have them in the freezer for Rudolph Days during the winter. January's Rudolph Day is always a big feast / celebration to mark being at the end of the longest, darkest month. Heck really turkey is good any time!

So far we haven't seen any food shortages here or anything crazy at the grocery stores. Costco seems really normal beyond the buying limits on paper towels and TP. I'm sure if shortages are going to show their head, it will be in the next couple of weeks. We will be prepared, and ready ahead of time! I did see on the news that they expect the port backups / log-jams to be largely resolved by the beginning of next year, it is already showing signs of improvement but will be a long, hard process. Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
HALLELUJAH!!!
PASS OUT THE CIGARS!

We have a new addition to the family.
We finally adopted a Tom!
He arrived Monday late afternoon.
20lbs 1/2 oz.

IMG_2586.JPG

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Lots of Halloween shows to watch and candy to eat. Oh wait am I in the wrong thread?
I am trying to ignore the candy in the cabinet, don't encourage me! LOL! But I will join in on some Halloween movies. I know we are enjoying October BUT 6 weeks from now we will be celebrating Thanksgiving Eve!!!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image