MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 335
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN:365

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 47
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 52

Good Evening Halloween Friends!

Halloween 2021 has now passed for the most part, which means Christmas season is here. Tomorrow, like many other people, I will be putting away the Halloween decorations and transitioning over to Christmas decorations. Fortunately for me though, I won't have to go without some Halloween decorations for too awful long (more on that in a second)

Our countdowns are up now for 2022 and at the top of this post. Each Monday of the new week, I will update the "Weeks" count! And beginning on January 1st, two more counts will make their way to the main lineup. They are "Days to Halfoween", and "Days to The Bers", respectively. Why wait? I think it is "too soon" to start thinking about Halfoween when our beloved Halloween just occurred, and for some people may still be occurring at the moment. The big reason beyond that, is that these last two months of the year, "Christmas Season", is basically sacred time to me, and I don't want to do anything to "cut into" Christmas Season, or wish it away. Ha - wishing away is reserved for January through July lol. And I wouldn't feel right counting down "to" The Bers, while technically still being in them. So it is one of my favorite things to do on January 1st, besides wishing for Christmas again and dreaming of Fall, to put up that "Days to The Bers" count.

A few things to note, before we get off and running:

We acknowledge milestones for our main counts every *50* Days. I've found that dealing with the year in small chunks of time seems to work better than just looking at one huge countdown number.

:Special Days:

JACK O LANTERN DAYS

Beginning in January, each month that has a 31st, we celebrate "Jack O Lantern Day". I get out the electric Jack O Lantern, burn some fall/ pumpkin wax warmers / candles, and listen to my "Halloween Playlist" that day, before settling in for a mini horror movie marathon to wrap up the day. Some days when the weather cooperates, I even have a small fire in my outside fire pit. This is just my way of adding a little bit of Fall / Halloween to my life, during times in the year where I am really missing Fall. And it really helps. I think some of us here keep the same routine. We do this in January, March, May, July, and August, before yielding to "Halloween Season" in September, having safely reached our destination.

HALFOWEEN:

As it's name implies, "Halfoween" is basically the halfway point to Halloween, and we observe it on April 30th. Last year I coined the phrase "April is the new October". And in many ways, it holds true. Usually the weather is cool, and very October-like. This year, I am planning on making Halfoween even a bigger deal than it was last year. More on that in January.

FRIDAY the 13th

Friday the 13th this coming year only occurs once, in May. I view it almost as an "extra" Jack O Lantern Day, and the day is reserved exclusively for binging the Friday the 13th films.

"Halloween Season"

I recognize the first day of fall, which this year is on September 22nd, as the official start of "Halloween Season". We discussed that in the 2021' Thread, and I think everyone decided that nobody wanted to "wait" until the end of that week to start "Fall Season", even though most of us are well decorated for Fall / Halloween by then.

And that's that! Here we go guys and gals! No leap year to worry about this year so Halloween 2022 is ALREADY ON ITS WAY!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Let fun begin! Again.

great_pumpkin_02.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 334
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 364

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

As you can see above, the countdowns are moving again! They are going to move with unexpected quickness these next two months, as these next two months are what we like to call in this thread "bonus months".

Newbies to the thread may ask, "what are bonus months?". Quite simply, BONUS MONTHS, are these next two months of November and December. We are all having so much fun enjoying Thanksgiving, and Christmas Season, that we aren't really keeping track of the counts as much. But when we reach January, we are suddenly alarmed to see the countdowns looking very different. January 1st also sees us reach the ONE QUARTER mark back to October. It's just that easy. Don't blink, you'll miss it!

Today I take my small 12-inch tall Christmas tree into the office. Later today when I get home, It will be time to put up the lights on the house and bushes. It will probably take me most of the week to get everything up outside! And I have the "sad" duty of putting away the two giant laughing Jack O Lanterns from Costco. I really will miss those things. Thank goodness I don't have to miss them long!

Have a great 1st of November, friends!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 334
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 364

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

As you can see above, the countdowns are moving again! They are going to move with unexpected quickness these next two months, as these next two months are what we like to call in this thread "bonus months".

Newbies to the thread may ask, "what are bonus months?". Quite simply, BONUS MONTHS, are these next two months of November and December. We are all having so much fun enjoying Thanksgiving, and Christmas Season, that we aren't really keeping track of the counts as much. But when we reach January, we are suddenly alarmed to see the countdowns looking very different. January 1st also sees us reach the ONE QUARTER mark back to October. It's just that easy. Don't blink, you'll miss it!

Today I take my small 12-inch tall Christmas tree into the office. Later today when I get home, It will be time to put up the lights on the house and bushes. It will probably take me most of the week to get everything up outside! And I have the "sad" duty of putting away the two giant laughing Jack O Lanterns from Costco. I really will miss those things. Thank goodness I don't have to miss them long!

Have a great 1st of November, friends!
You're taking a PERFECT approach to handling the Halloween countdowns. But I never doubted we were in good hands! Happy November first everyone. Hope everyone had a great Halloween. Ours was good overall. I was enjoying handing out candy outside at my bonfire, but then it rained! So that shut down Halloween a bit early, but it got me inside quicker to finish off the Simpsons marathon my son and I do every year. It all worked out!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy November 1st all. Anyone missing Halloween? I am a little but having Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner just over takes it for me.

A little left over Halloweenish is still with us for these first couple days of November. Today is all saints day (all hollows day) and tomorrow is all souls day in the catholic religion. Including Halloween (all hallows eve) they make up allhallowstide. Just an interesting fact i thought i would throw in there.

And another halloweenish holiday comes courtesy from our neighbors to the south "Dia de los Muertos" or Day of the Dead are celebrated in mexico/latin America over the allhallowstide mentioned above. I really find this holiday and the traditions fascinating. This is about about loving and honoring your deceased relatives and ancestors. I really love the crestive decorations used/made for it. We actually have a day of the dead candle topper we have out in the spooky season.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Let's goooooooooooo! Halloween 2022!

I have a great feeling about next Halloween and next year in general. It's funny how getting the new countdown going already has me excited. I might be in Thanksgiving/Christmas mode right now, but I'll never completely file away Halloween. It is the beginning of the Christmas Triumvirate, after all.

Last night we carried on our tradition of watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." I'm going to miss hearing "Great Pumpkin Waltz" until the next Jack o' Lantern Day, but I've got plenty of Christmas music to keep me company for the time being.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
So happy to be here in the new thread, it was a big boost. I noticed that people at work seemed kind of lethargic, maybe too much candy?

I think I am going to indulge and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas tonight while I make sure my November Planner is up to date and that I haven't forgotten anything.

Last year the first two weeks of November were some of the slowest of all of 2020, which is saying something! HA! I don't want the days to fly by, but hope to find a bit more joy these next couple of weeks.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 333
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 363

Good Morning Friends! Yesterday evening was night 1 of decorating for Christmas. The first job I had upon getting home from work was the sad duty of putting away the plastic pumpkins outside and putting them back in the shed. As I was taking the wheelbarrow to the back yard, loaded up with the pumpkins, the thought crossed my mind, "wow, this is really it. Halloween is over". I am honest in saying that there was a few minutes where I felt kind of down. But as soon as I started opening those tubs I had staged, full of Christmas lights, happy feelings were back.

I hope that all of us have nothing but happiness these next two months. I have to put my love for Halloween on the shelf for just a little while, as I don't want to "cut into" Christmas Season, like I explained in the original post that kicked off this new thread! I'm fortunate that we are still in the "Fall", and that horrible cold winter hasn't arrived yet, even though a lot of us are already burning wood stoves and furnaces. Smelling the wood smoke, and the leaves outside, is still keeping that Fall magic alive.

Have a great day, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Alright, everyone: We are two days removed from Halloween now, so I think it's time for some reflection and some way-too-early speculation about next Halloween.

What are your "Halloween resolutions" for next year? Anything that you didn't get to do this year that you plan on doing next year? Anything that you're going to change? Any new traditions you'll be starting?

For me personally, I am finally going to get those Peanuts yard standees that I talk about buying every year, and I'm finally going to decorate the front of my house and put up Halloween lights, dang it!

I also want to find just one Halloween-related activity in this area and experience it. Haunted hayride, haunted trail, haunted something. There's a distinct lack of haunting in my October. I need to crank it up a notch.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Hmm, what am I going to do for next year? Not buy so much candy. We did a trunk or treat at my church and I passed out tons and tons, but then I only had six trick-or-treaters on Saturday and none Sunday so I have a basket of candy and a huge unopened bag so I will be FORCED to eat it. But yeah, probably will buy just as much next year ..........................

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hmm, what am I going to do for next year? Not buy so much candy. We did a trunk or treat at my church and I passed out tons and tons, but then I only had six trick-or-treaters on Saturday and none Sunday so I have a basket of candy and a huge unopened bag so I will be FORCED to eat it. But yeah, probably will buy just as much next year ..........................
I will join you in the resolution of not buying so much candy next year! LOL! I am thinking about trying to join the local Trunk or Treat and reuse some of my Peanuts decor from my Great Pumpkin egg hunt, so may I need to buy just as much next year too!

Halloween falling on a Monday makes feel a little icky, but I know in the long run it won't diminish the fun too much.

I ate the last Kit Kat last night after I finished the last of the Halloween pizza, so on to 2022!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image