Halloween 2022 Countdown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Looking forward to today's post here and announcement. It's glorious to see Halloween stuff still all over. I love it and it keeps The Bers feeling right. Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Me, when I look at people who run like Solid Snake, I want to ask them if they want to make an appointment for a mental health evaluation--I love walking and hiking but running? Only if someone is chasing me. LOL
I feel the same way about running and sometimes even joke that I don't run if chased that I need to conserve my energy to fight! LOL!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 327
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 357

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 46
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 51

Good Morning Halloween Friends! And so begins our "Special Post" series here on the main Christmas Countdown thread. Such a magical and special time.

Yesterday I had a day that was pretty much Holiday Feels Overload. And it felt amazing. We went to the mall to go to Bath and Body Works, which low key might be becoming my 2nd favorite store besides Hobby Lobby. Wallflowers are my new favorite obsession, and they were selling the little bottles for $2.95 a piece. Considering they last more than 30 days, It's a heck of a deal. I bought a plug-in Christmas Tree wall flower that lights up, as well as a Fall Pumpkin with some leaves that is displayed inside of a little lantern. The first thing I thought when I saw it was Jack O Lantern Day!

Today I'd like to talk about one of the first "new" features coming to this thread now that we are technically in the "new" countdown to Halloween. Today marks 51 weeks until Halloween. Beginning next week, when we reach 50 weeks, I am going to post one Halloween topic / subject per week, and invite discussion as we count down the time. The subjects are completely random and in no particular order. I have thought that Monday is the perfect day to do this, not only to bring a fun start to the new week, but also since Monday is when we update the "weeks" count. That is by no means set in stone so if you all would prefer a different day, please let me know.

Today is back to more of the Bers weather that we enjoy, for the next couple days too! Have a great day, friends!

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 327
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 357

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 46
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 51

Good Morning Halloween Friends! And so begins our "Special Post" series here on the main Christmas Countdown thread. Such a magical and special time.

Yesterday I had a day that was pretty much Holiday Feels Overload. And it felt amazing. We went to the mall to go to Bath and Body Works, which low key might be becoming my 2nd favorite store besides Hobby Lobby. Wallflowers are my new favorite obsession, and they were selling the little bottles for $2.95 a piece. Considering they last more than 30 days, It's a heck of a deal. I bought a plug-in Christmas Tree wall flower that lights up, as well as a Fall Pumpkin with some leaves that is displayed inside of a little lantern. The first thing I thought when I saw it was Jack O Lantern Day!

Today I'd like to talk about one of the first "new" features coming to this thread now that we are technically in the "new" countdown to Halloween. Today marks 51 weeks until Halloween. Beginning next week, when we reach 50 weeks, I am going to post one Halloween topic / subject per week, and invite discussion as we count down the time. The subjects are completely random and in no particular order. I have thought that Monday is the perfect day to do this, not only to bring a fun start to the new week, but also since Monday is when we update the "weeks" count. That is by no means set in stone so if you all would prefer a different day, please let me know.

Today is back to more of the Bers weather that we enjoy, for the next couple days too! Have a great day, friends!
Love it! This is going to be great - particularly in the weeks leading up to Halfoween! I can always use a dose of the Halloween feels on Monday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 326
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 356

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Yesterday was a gorgeous "Bers Day" that I think we all enjoyed. Was hard to not think back to Halloween, especially since there are still some decorations up in the neighborhood.

Last night there was a Harry Potter marathon on SYFY. I think it is playing all week. I flipped through the channels and found it, I watched about 30 seconds of "The Sorcerer's Stone". Got some feels like I knew I would, but I chose to change the channel. It's too soon. The truth is, that I miss Hogwarts. My wife even got me for my birthday a Hogwarts perpetual calendar to keep at my desk at work, so the truth is, I get a tiny sprinkling of magic every day when I come in and change the blocks.

Hogwarts Calendar

But I will be back there again soon enough. My heart is happy to know that in that slog week after Christmas, I will be already missing "The Big 3", and thoughts of January's Rudolph Day, and Jack O Lantern Day will be filling my head. But I don't want to do anything to rush away this magical Christmas Season. We worked hard to get here, a lot of us have been through a lot. Let's let Christmas season do its magic!

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm such a goober! :rolleyes:
Lately, every day when I'm on the forums, I feel like I am missing something. I was missing this thread! I forgot to hit watch when I first visited. I've been missing this since Nov 1. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. But I could tell something just wasn't right.
I'm goober. 1636462167360.png

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Yesterday was a gorgeous "Bers Day" that I think we all enjoyed. Was hard to not think back to Halloween, especially since there are still some decorations up in the neighborhood.

Last night there was a Harry Potter marathon on SYFY. I think it is playing all week. I flipped through the channels and found it, I watched about 30 seconds of "The Sorcerer's Stone". Got some feels like I knew I would, but I chose to change the channel. It's too soon. The truth is, that I miss Hogwarts. My wife even got me for my birthday a Hogwarts perpetual calendar to keep at my desk at work, so the truth is, I get a tiny sprinkling of magic every day when I come in and change the blocks.

Hogwarts Calendar

But I will be back there again soon enough. My heart is happy to know that in that slog week after Christmas, I will be already missing "The Big 3", and thoughts of January's Rudolph Day, and Jack O Lantern Day will be filling my head. But I don't want to do anything to rush away this magical Christmas Season. We worked hard to get here, a lot of us have been through a lot. Let's let Christmas season do its magic!

Have a great day!
That is a really cool calendar!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Hogwarts Calendar

Have a great day!
Right now is the strangest time as far as decorations are concerned. There are people who haven't taken down their Halloween decorations yet, there are others who have Thanksgiving decorations up, and there are a few (ahem) who already have Christmas decorations on display! So if you drive around, you can possibly catch a glimpse of all of the Big 3 at the same time!

Actually, I take that back. It's not strange... It's awesome!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm such a goober! :rolleyes:
Lately, every day when I'm on the forums, I feel like I am missing something. I was missing this thread! I forgot to hit watch when I first visited. I've been missing this since Nov 1. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. But I could tell something just wasn't right.
I'm goober. View attachment 88261
I'm glad you're here now. I will do my best to remember to remind everyone next time, to hit that "watch" button on the NEW thread, which will go up to countdown to HALLOWEEN 2023! Holy cow I can't believe I just said that. I just had the first thought of the 2023 Halloween Countdown as the 2022 one has barely got going, even though it isn't even 2022 yet!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 325
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 355

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Looking at the weather, we have about 2 days left of "Bers Weather". The last couple of days really have felt like October, especially when the chill rolls in at evening time. We still have some trees that are turning colors, but unfortunately the big freeze wilted all of the leaves. We have yet to have lots of leaves fall, but they look like they could go at any minute. Saturday is probably my last ever time mowing for the year, after that it will just be using the bagger to clean up leaves.

Still some houses out there with Halloween lights and decorations!

Have a great day, friends!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
This morning, I drove past the house that had the amazing display, it is all done except the huge standing skeleton and two small ones at the top of the house. Hope they put up something amazing for Christmas and I hope they won the town Halloween decoration contest.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image