Halloween 2023 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I hope the doctor can give your something to help. This has been lingering on way too long! Please continue to take care of yourself.
Thank you so much @LadyLynn! I am feeling much better, the temps are up to 55 degrees and the meds are kicking in. My work week ended a bit ago and I am ready to rest, relax, and enjoy.
I hope you have a great day, and I hope to get caught up here and be around for the rest of the holiday season!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Hope all is well with you and yours. We approach the 2nd of the big 3 which Halloween started. I can't believe it. I may celebrate with a piece of Halloween candy. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 69
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 129
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 158
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 312
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 342

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Turkey Day Eve!

Time marches on and I'm happy to see some new exciting numbers this morning in the counts. We're in the 60's now towards the first JOL Day of 2023, and down into the 120's on our way towards Spooky Spring. I think this countdown season, that count will be the one to watch as it will move deceptively fast. Also, in less than two weeks, we will reach 300 DAYS TO OCTOBER. I always felt like getting a count out of the 300's is such a big milestone and a major booster mentally.

That's all for today folks. Hard to wax very much about Halloween when there is so much Thanksgiving excitement! Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hard to wax very much about Halloween when there is so much Thanksgiving excitement! Have a great day!
LOL! It is hard to focus on Halloween this week, but I did wear my Halloween pajamas last night and instead of moving them back to the bottom drawer, I am thinking I should keep them out and in circulation for JOL Days and Dark Arts Sundays!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning Halloween fans!
The turkey is almost completely thawed. I still need to wash the roasting pan. Tomorrow is a big day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
You know, even with Halloween long over, there's still a spooky, creepy aspect of the holiday season that people sometimes forget about. The story of Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future is a cautionary tale with Halloween-adjacent vibes. And then of course there's Krampus, which is what you get when you co-mingle horror with Christmas.

What other creepy Christmas connections can you think of?

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
You know, even with Halloween long over, there's still a spooky, creepy aspect of the holiday season that people sometimes forget about. The story of Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future is a cautionary tale with Halloween-adjacent vibes. And then of course there's Krampus, which is what you get when you co-mingle horror with Christmas.

The idea of being judged as naughty or nice makes me think about people getting either tricks or treats, not really a creepy connection but still pretty judge-y! LOL!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy Thanksgiving Eve. Halloween has crossed my mind today. With Thanksgiving tomorrow the mood shift will change once again as we know. I have just been reflecting on what a great Halloween and fall season I have had. Hopefully next year will be equal or even better.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
LOL! It is hard to focus on Halloween this week, but I did wear my Halloween pajamas last night and instead of moving them back to the bottom drawer, I am thinking I should keep them out and in circulation for JOL Days and Dark Arts Sundays!
You have inspired me to get my Halloween jammies back out and do the same. Such a good idea.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

I personally think Elf on the Shelf is pretty creepy. Even the Christmas song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is a little creepy. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake." Sounds like a stalker to me, just sayin'.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 68
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 128
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 157
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 311
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 341

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy THANKSGIVING!

A break today from my normal wishing for Halloween and to remember Spooky Season - my wish for today is for everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We are truly in the heart of the best time of the year now!

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving! The house is still quiet, it isn't time to start prepping yet (all I have to do is reheat) so I am enjoying the lull by visiting the threads and appreciating how much they mean to me throughout the year and by making each holiday more special.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Well, I might be about a month late, but I'm finally checking in...think I will come along on the ride this year.
I don't think you are late at all, I think you took the last few weeks to enjoy the Bers and now that Thanksgiving is making the transition from the Bers season to the Christmas season, it is a great time to appreciate Halloween!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I personally think Elf on the Shelf is pretty creepy. Even the Christmas song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is a little creepy. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake." Sounds like a stalker to me, just sayin'.
100% this. Elf on the Shelf should be banished to the Phantom Zone.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I know it doesn't take much to excite me, but those of you who watched the Macey's Parade, did you notice the float of of the bridge and frozen pond in Central Park? Well, it had the Roots group from Jimmy Fallon and the lead singer had on a sweatshirt or sweater with a pumpkin with a Santa hat on it. He must be one of us.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I know it doesn't take much to excite me, but those of you who watched the Macey's Parade, did you notice the float of of the bridge and frozen pond in Central Park? Well, it had the Roots group from Jimmy Fallon and the lead singer had on a sweatshirt or sweater with a pumpkin with a Santa hat on it. He must be one of us.
I did catch that! And I think his song, "It's Almost Too Early for Christmas" is kind of a nod to Halloween being a part of the Christmas season.

"It's almost too early for Christmas...but we'll just see how it goes..."

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image