Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
** OFFICIAL THREAD - CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN 2010 **

Yes, Friends. It's that time again. January 1st.
And another year of countdowning begins!

Let's review the statistics since we began the Season countdown idea 6 years ago at Christmas.com:
2004 = 1217 posts (Christmas.com) = 3.3 posts per day
2005 = Over 2,700 posts (Christmas.com) = over 7.4 posts per day
2006 = 3,756 posts (The Christmas Place) = 10.3 posts per day
2007 = 1,957 posts (MMC, where the thread was not launched until July.) = 12.1 posts per day
2008 = 5,103 posts (Wow!) = 13.9 posts per day
2009 = 8,261 posts (Unbelievable!!) = 22.6 posts per day!

Now, here we are ready to go again, at the start of 2010!

A word of explanation. We are running a dual countdown in this thread - one for Christmas Day and one for the start of the Christmas Season (November 13). Most all of us have agreed that we look forward to the entire Christmas Season rather than just to Christmas Day.
Why November 13? No reason, really. It just seems about the right time to regard the season as arriving. That date is exactly 6 weeks before Christmas Day and is about the time the country at large is beginning to really get into the holiday spirit. Most of the stores have decorated. And starting the season then gives us exactly 50 days (Nov 13 through Jan 1) to enjoy being "within" the season.

We also enjoy noting special "milestones" along the way such as the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 marks.
At 90% complete, we begin the "home stretch" as we move into the final days before the season begins.

OK! Climb aboard and enjoy reading the posts and following the count, which begins today at 316 to the Season and 358 to Christmas Day.

Here is a convenient list of our Christmas Season and Christmas Day milestone markers.

CHRISTMAS SEASON MILESTONE MARKER CHART
January 17 = Day 300
February 12 = 1/4 mark
March 15 = 1/3 mark
April 27 = Day 200
May 15 = 1/2 mark
July 14 = 2/3 mark
August 05 = Day 100
August 14 = 3/4 mark
October 07 = 90% (The Home Stretch begins)
November 13 = THE SEASON ARRIVES!

CHRISTMAS DAY MILESTONE MARKER CHART
February 28 = Day 300
March 26 = 1/4 mark
April 26 = 1/3 mark
June 8 = Day 200
June 26 = 1/2 mark
August 25 = 2/3 mark
Sept 16 = Day 100
Sept 25 = 3/4 mark
Nov 18 = 90% mark
December 25 = MERRY CHRISTMAS!

- CROWN

Reactions: 20 people

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
......And off we go again, Friends!!

Reactions: 2 people

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is to a great 2010 and the start of a new countdown to that time of year we all love so much.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Only 16 days to our first milestone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

ballcoach

Wow.....it's here....the new year....and the new thread....here's to this year being as fun as the last....Binger...friend...hate to let you down, but it was a long day and I'm heading to bed....

See yall in the morning for coffee.....

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome 2010 Countdown Chums!

Undrtakr, I like to think of it as the a handmade Christmas sweater.

So, here we gather with coffee, tea or hot cocoa in hand or without and celebrate the milestones on our journey to the Christmas season and Christmas Day itself.

Thanks Crown for leading us on our merry journey once again!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:hello: Neato! I just realized I was the last one to post in the last three countdown threads.

Reactions: 1 person

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
cheesy I posted 160 times in the last countdown thread and 262 the year before, I'm sure there will be more this year!

Reactions: 1 person

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Happy New Year!!

May there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!

Another year of counting down with friends who have become familiar "voices" of fun, support and comfort.

Looking forward to it all.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If you hurry, you can still grab some tasty goodies at the Shispering Pines New Year's Feast!

Wonder how that camel does it.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
May there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!

Another year of counting down with friends who have become familiar "voices" of fun, support and comfort.

Looking forward to it all.

:hello: For sure, Peace is something you make happen, you can't wait for everyone else to deliver it.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Morning Everyone. Our daughter and her friend managed to stay up to watch the Ball Drop in Time square last night!!!! However it did not take them long to fall alseep afterwards. LOL! The kicker is that both girls were up before 7 this morning. I want the enegry these 8 year old girls have!!!

The girls and I made monkey bread this morning. That is baking in the oven now and I have a pot of coffee brewing as well. YUM!!!

Well today is the day we are taking down the inside decorations and hopefully the outside ones too (weather cooperating)

Have a great day and Happy New Year!!!!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
.....Neato! I just realized I was the last one to post in the last three countdown threads.....
That has become a tradition now, Auntie!

Cold here again, with temps in the mid-30's.
That will seem warm by tomorrow and Sunday!

As Made pointed out, we are barely over 2 weeks off from our first Season Milestone, the 300-day window!
(This is true of course, since the Season Count has been running quietly since last Nov 13. Ah! The beauty and the benefit of the Season count!)

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!

Snow-in-Texas

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
I admit that I never went into the countdown thread last year, but that will change this year. Happy New Year everybody!!!!cheesy

B

ballcoach

Good morning, all! Hope everyone got home safe last night...and that you wake up this morning and feel....like you don't have monkeys swinging in your head kicking your brain!

Very uneventful (which I am thankful for) New Years Eve ! Just me and the wife and sis in law family and we had alot of fun. The wife and I have to run some errands today to prepare for our big event tomorrow, which is going to watch my favorite college team in a bowl game! Can't wait!

Well, I'm gonna run! By the way, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to quit using .... as I type. I sent a memo out to school employees the other day and in the midst of it was ... ! So if you see me typing like that, feel free to tell me to stop!

Binger, Brad, Made, and whoever else likes coffee, the first pot just got done brewing! Come on over! Better yet, we can meet at Shispering Pines and eat those leftovers!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy New Year, my Christmas friends!

I'm sad that Christmas has gone again, but I look forward to counting down to Christmas 2010 with all of you!

I think we'll take the kids out to a movie today. It's kinda rainy and dreary. Maybe Nancy'll let me wait another week before taking down the Christmas decorations, huh?

Have a great day everyone! cheesy

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
happy new year gang!

i had a great one, we went to a friend's dinner party and had a couple of drinks, my daughter isobel (who is 3 months old) slept soundly so i had a lovely, relaxing night!

well, it's that time of year again... i just love this thread, it definitely stops the after christmas blues getting too bad. i am making a pledge to post here lots and lots.

right, i'm going to make a coffee.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image