Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope you had a good night at work!!!

I ended up getting put on call, so I didn't have to go in last night. Got caught up on my sleep! :grin:

Reactions: 4 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

Have a great day at work, CS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning everyone! It's a soggy morning here, raining and 100% humidity. It's been pretty nice overall around this area with the temps staying in the 50-60's so no complaints here. The Hagerstown almanac called it right with nice temperatures thru the middle of November then they predict that the end of November will begin a long wet and cold snap... I'm hoping for some serious snow!

I decided to take a couple days off (bereavement leave), since there will be no funeral, no viewing, no wake, no nothing, so I figured the days are here for me to take, so in reality, I'm getting paid to play hooky from work. I'm going to spend the most of the afternoon looking at houses with the wife, can you believe I had three showings on the house here last night, I couldn't believe it...fingers crossed!

Have a good day and I'll talk to you all later today~

Good luck!!! And you deserve to take some time off! Wether there is a funeral, viewing, wake or not! I hope you can enjoy your days off!

Reactions: 6 people

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

I didn't get to go with the family the Statesboro yesterday. I got a couple of last-minute calls for my part-time business. As they say, you gotta make hay while the sun is shining, so I worked all afternoon. I had to scramble to beat the sunset. I hate it when they turn off DST!

I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon, but you can bet I'll be with my family!

I hope y'all have a great day! cheesy

Sorry you weren't able to go yesterday, but enjoy your time with the family today!!! :smile:

Reactions: 7 people

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I like that---like a Christmas plaid! It looks like one of those patterns where you crochet a sort of mesh, then weave yarn up through it. I haven't tried one of those.

I have never done one either, but it's listed as an "easy" project. My Aunt use to make these all the time. And yes, after you crochet, you weave yarn up through it. Could be an interesting experiment IF I decide to do it! :smile:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning all. Tomorrow I will be in the car for six hours by myself, driving through northwest Oklahoma and it will be Christmas music all the way!

You know you are in no man's land when you pass a sign that says "caution; tumbleweeds on roadway." That sign does exist and I will see it tomorrow. But I'll have Dean, Bing, Frank, and everyone to keep me company. Northwest Oklahoma has some very cool things for a guy like me who loves the west with random mesas, hills, and small canyons scattered about. Just seeing that area makes me feel like I need to be on a horse with a rifle and shotgun strapped beside a bedroll and a food pouch, and a pistol strapped to my side. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Have a safe trip! ENJOY the music!!!! YAY!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Afternoon All,

Beautiful day here today. My eldest is home today , I think he 's caught a bug. I have been decluttering today and organising shelves and cupboards. I have got boxes of stuff including the Halloween decorations ready to be put into the loft and a few things to go to goodwill. My end of year '' to do'' list is slowly moving along. I'm hoping to get a lot more done on Saturday and hopefully finish up by end of next week. Then it will be time for the fun things like christmas cards, shopping and bringing down the decorations etc.

I am having a little break with a cup of Christmas tea, a Christmas cookie ,MMC and I've tuned into Merry In-laws on tv. I am making a point of taking a Christmas time out every day till Christmas day even if its just 20 minutes or so. It's so easy to get caught up with everything else and before you know it the season is over and your left wishing you savoured it more.

I saw the Christmas ad for another big department store last night!

I hope you all are having a really good day. I am super excited about tomorrow. First day of the special posts, best of luck Made!!!

What an awesome idea to take 20 min out of every day b/c yes, you are right. It always goes too fast & I always feel like I could have enjoyed/appreciated it more! Have a great day today & I hope your DS feels better!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Wow!!!! They didn't talk about totals here yet. 6 inches may stick around for a few days!!!

Wellll - there's a chance it could be all rain too! :-?

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I ended up getting put on call, so I didn't have to go in last night. Got caught up on my sleep! :grin:

Awesome! Now you are ready to go today - QVC & Hallmark! YAY!!! Enjoy!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all. Tomorrow I will be in the car for six hours by myself, driving through northwest Oklahoma and it will be Christmas music all the way!

You know you are in no man's land when you pass a sign that says "caution; tumbleweeds on roadway." That sign does exist and I will see it tomorrow. But I'll have Dean, Bing, Frank, and everyone to keep me company. Northwest Oklahoma has some very cool things for a guy like me who loves the west with random mesas, hills, and small canyons scattered about. Just seeing that area makes me feel like I need to be on a horse with a rifle and shotgun strapped beside a bedroll and a food pouch, and a pistol strapped to my side. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Have safe travels, Ryan! I hope you're enjoying your Thursday as well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope you have a great day too!!!! Stay safe out there on the roads tomorrow!!!!!

Was your wife happy that George Strait won last night?

Boooo!!!! :wink:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning - almost afternoon MMC! Happy Friday Eve! WOW it took me awhile to get caught up today! Lots of things to talk about!! :smile:

It's a sunny & WINDY/CHILLY day here! We got our walk in this morning but I was frigid til I got home!!! Time to permanently break out the cuddle duds!! I wasn't dressed warm enough for that wind!! Brrr! We changed our usual route & went back into our subdivision to hopefully block the wind, but it was too late - I was already cold! Lol! :cold:

Other than that - not much going on! I might try to work some more on my afghan at lunch! Tonight I have an "Origami Owl" party at a friends house. A lot of our friends will be there, so it should be fun! I mentioned earlier that our HS V-ball team is playing in state semi's this afternoon, so I'll be sure to listen to that (if I can break away from the Hallmark Channel for that long) Ha ha! That's about it for my day/night - well, besides work of course!

Hope you are all having a great day!!! Tomorrow is FRIDAY AND the 1st Special Post. Go Made, Go!!! Looking fwd to it!!!

:merry:

Reactions: 8 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Afternoon All,

Beautiful day here today. My eldest is home today , I think he 's caught a bug. I have been decluttering today and organising shelves and cupboards. I have got boxes of stuff including the Halloween decorations ready to be put into the loft and a few things to go to goodwill. My end of year '' to do'' list is slowly moving along. I'm hoping to get a lot more done on Saturday and hopefully finish up by end of next week. Then it will be time for the fun things like christmas cards, shopping and bringing down the decorations etc.

I am having a little break with a cup of Christmas tea, a Christmas cookie ,MMC and I've tuned into Merry In-laws on tv. I am making a point of taking a Christmas time out every day till Christmas day even if its just 20 minutes or so. It's so easy to get caught up with everything else and before you know it the season is over and your left wishing you savoured it more.

I saw the Christmas ad for another big department store last night!

I hope you all are having a really good day. I am super excited about tomorrow. First day of the special posts, best of luck Made!!!

Hope your son feels better soon. Enjoy your day. It sounds so festive!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
This is a marvelous idea! You could start a campaign or a movement---a few minutes of Christmas every day! (Of course, we all do that anyway!)

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We have a chance too - they are saying pending which way the storm tracks, we could get up to 6"!!!!

:playing:

Crazy!!!:playing:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I hardly believe what I heard---my supervisor says we're going to have a Christmas tree here at the office! I guess she asked about it and permission was given. Considering the creative types here it will probably turn into something unconventional, but I think it's great that we'll be having one at all. (The only tree since I've been here has been my tabletop tree made from wire hangers, tinsel, and a string of lights---and several people here look forward to seeing it each year.) I don't know when it's going up, but I hope to have a hand in it.

Reactions: 10 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Awesome! Now you are ready to go today - QVC & Hallmark! YAY!!! Enjoy!!!

Yep! Right now, I am watching a Christmas movie on Lifetime Movie Network.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning - almost afternoon MMC! Happy Friday Eve! WOW it took me awhile to get caught up today! Lots of things to talk about!! :smile:

It's a sunny & WINDY/CHILLY day here! We got our walk in this morning but I was frigid til I got home!!! Time to permanently break out the cuddle duds!! I wasn't dressed warm enough for that wind!! Brrr! We changed our usual route & went back into our subdivision to hopefully block the wind, but it was too late - I was already cold! Lol! :cold:

Other than that - not much going on! I might try to work some more on my afghan at lunch! Tonight I have an "Origami Owl" party at a friends house. A lot of our friends will be there, so it should be fun! I mentioned earlier that our HS V-ball team is playing in state semi's this afternoon, so I'll be sure to listen to that (if I can break away from the Hallmark Channel for that long) Ha ha! That's about it for my day/night - well, besides work of course!

Hope you are all having a great day!!! Tomorrow is FRIDAY AND the 1st Special Post. Go Made, Go!!! Looking fwd to it!!!

Have fun at your party tonight! Good luck to the girl's volleyball team!

Reactions: 5 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

It's a sunny & WINDY/CHILLY day here! We got our walk in this morning but I was frigid til I got home!!! Time to permanently break out the cuddle duds!! I wasn't dressed warm enough for that wind!! Brrr! We changed our usual route & went back into our subdivision to hopefully block the wind, but it was too late - I was already cold! Lol!

Have fun at the origami owl party tonight!!

And stay warm!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player