Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
So far, so good! We're hoping for a relaxing evening watching some DVDs. (Translation: We're not going to be following election results ... time enough for that in the morning.)
GREAT plan!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good to hear Holiday....Dinner sounds yummy buddy...Food always tastes better the second nite...Its like you make a pan of soup it's always best the next day....Ok on my way keep it pipping hot lol...-gift-
See you soon!! :D

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!

Beautifully stated, CS ❤️
Happy MMC Anniversary~
And Merry Christmas!!!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Sending hugs & prayers up for you and yours.

Blessings!

IMG_6488.JPG

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Blessings!

View attachment 33639
Heyyyyy Snowflake22....Good to hear you guys had a fab weekend in Green Bay.....Good to see you posting buddy (((Huggs)))....WE MISS YOU!!!!!...Have a merry day and evening ahead buddy-holidays-

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Heyyyyy Snowflake22....Good to hear you guys had a fab weekend in Green Bay.....Good to see you posting buddy (((Huggs)))....WE MISS YOU!!!!!...Have a merry day and evening ahead buddy-holidays-
Hey buddy!
Thank you!!
Miss you too, my friend :)
(((Hugs)))
Hope you have a great rest of your night, too!!
-lights-

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Greetings MerryBells. I can relate, in a way, to what you are going through. In my case it was not so much an injury as all those tours in the military and all the various places I got sent. To make that worse, many times those changes happened around the holiday season. So I did not know the base, the job, the people and of course was a long way from family. The spirit was tough to come by. On those days though I always remembered the words my Dad often spoke to me and asked the question... " is there anyone worse off than you?". I then would think of others who might never know a spirit filled Christmas and that mine, even if it was not what I wanted at the moment would not stay that way in the future. I took comfort in that and allowed the spirit of others to fill the gap where mine needed help so desperately.
I'm sure your MMC friends can help fill the gap for you as well... "Keep the Faith"

View attachment 33636
That's Special Post worthy, CGYager.
Well stated.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

Blessings!

View attachment 33639
Happy to see you Stacey and hear Harlowe is doing well!!
I hope works slow down soon for you!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Happy to see you Stacey and hear Harlowe is doing well!!
I hope works slow down soon for you!
Thanks, friend! Me, too :)
Hope you & your family are doing great!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Hello MMC!
Hope everyone has had a great Tuesday!! I have to get used to posting about my day lol!
Good evening, MerryMatt!
Hope you've had a nice day so far!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Hello MMC!
Hope everyone has had a great Tuesday!! I have to get used to posting about my day lol!
Not a requirement! Just post when you feel like it. We're just a bunch of chatterboxes here---don't feel like you have to keep up with us!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!

Very sweet post, Star. So happy that you have been here since my beginning, too. Nine years is a long time. I think I am on seven right now! Anyway, the important part is that you're right. This is a magically wonderful community and we're so lucky to celebrate our passion with such incredible people.

I couldn't think of a better way to kickoff the Special Post Series of 2016. Only four more... and soon we can say those two magical words.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening, everyone!

I am just stopping in for a quick hello before dinner and election coverage-watching takes over. Yes, I may not be American, but it's pretty much the biggest topic going around here in Canada. Whatever happens will have a great effect on us, too, so we'll keep a close eye. I'm not going to be political at all, but I just hope you all took the time and had your voice heard.

Last week, I worked every day at Russell. It was quite busy. This week, I don't quite have anything booked. I received a call yesterday morning to work with the Catholic board here in Ottawa. It was actually quite a fun day. I had one Grade 9 Drama class that may have been the best group of that age group I have ever had. They were amazing! Last night, I was a little busy with the gym and such...

Unfortunately, I had today off, but had to do a few things with a friend and then went out for a nice 8.5km run. I went out around 4:15pm. If I had went out about an hour earlier, I could have (comfortably) ran in shorts and a t-shirt, which would have been crazy for November 8th!

Well, I should probably start preparing dinner. Kim will be home shortly, and then we're heading to a friends house for a mid-week election watching party... Really, it's just a reason to get together and talk while something we can all relate to is happening.

Have a great Tuesday night, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you at the final 'Pines Day before the Christmas Season tomorrow!

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
I want so bad to get in the Christmas spirit, and it's just not happening for me. The leg I broke and tore the muscles on last Christmas is still giving me a fit. It took me all of October to get a few Halloween things up, and it's taking me even longer to get them back down. It looks like the Thanksgiving stuff is staying in the boxes this year, because everything is just taking so long for me to do. I'm tired, and ouchy, and full of grumps. Good golly, if I could sleep till next Christmas, I'd probably do it. Hopefully, when the card exchange list comes out and gives me something to do that I can sit down for, I'll be in a more Christmas-y mood. I am just disgusted with this whole deal.

Sorry to hear about your injury MerryBells, thoughts are with you, hopefully things improve soon.

That's Special Post worthy, CGYager.
Well stated.

I concur Crown.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014

How exciting is that !!!

Lets get started !!!

Thank you for starting off our special posts so eloquently and beautifully, CS! So glad to know you and to know everyone in the MMC community!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image