Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
I want so bad to get in the Christmas spirit, and it's just not happening for me. The leg I broke and tore the muscles on last Christmas is still giving me a fit. It took me all of October to get a few Halloween things up, and it's taking me even longer to get them back down. It looks like the Thanksgiving stuff is staying in the boxes this year, because everything is just taking so long for me to do. I'm tired, and ouchy, and full of grumps. Good golly, if I could sleep till next Christmas, I'd probably do it. Hopefully, when the card exchange list comes out and gives me something to do that I can sit down for, I'll be in a more Christmas-y mood. I am just disgusted with this whole deal.

So sorry MB. Hang in there. I sure hope the Christmas mood strikes you soon. I wish your circumstances were different and that somehow, some good and hopeful cheer finds you soon. We are here for you!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Polls officially closed and I'm sure the coverage is picking up. Personally, I've got a pumpkin spice candle lit and am getting ready to go to a two hour pops band rehearsal! I also choose to limit my media about the election these days-it's just so negative and hard to watch. I say keep informed but keep sane too! So, tonight I will enjoy some Christmas tunes and relax while enjoying quiet at home. I'll likely know as soon as the winner is announced due to my phone. Until then, I'm happy here catching up as much as I can with you all! Have a wonderful evening! Getting SO CLOSE now!!!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!

Great post!!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!

Beautiful post, Star!!

Happy MMC Anniversary!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I want so bad to get in the Christmas spirit, and it's just not happening for me. The leg I broke and tore the muscles on last Christmas is still giving me a fit. It took me all of October to get a few Halloween things up, and it's taking me even longer to get them back down. It looks like the Thanksgiving stuff is staying in the boxes this year, because everything is just taking so long for me to do. I'm tired, and ouchy, and full of grumps. Good golly, if I could sleep till next Christmas, I'd probably do it. Hopefully, when the card exchange list comes out and gives me something to do that I can sit down for, I'll be in a more Christmas-y mood. I am just disgusted with this whole deal.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers MerryBells {{{hugs}}}

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Sending hugs & prayers up for you and yours.

Blessings!

View attachment 33639

Good evening Snowflake ~
I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I know things have been hectic for you, I'm sure it was a nice break. I bet your house looks beautiful, you always do an amazing job. And I'm very happy to hear that Harlowe is doing well!
Keeping you in my thoughts. Sending hugs and prayers back your way <3
xo

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

I have made it too my midweek weekend, I am very tired. We are watching the election coverage, it has always been a tradition for us to watch. I am glad it is coming to an end.
I plan on decorating tomorrow, getting the lights up inside, and maybe set up a few trees.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good evening,

I have made it too my midweek weekend, I am very tired. We are watching the election coverage, it has always been a tradition for us to watch. I am glad it is coming to an end.
I plan on decorating tomorrow, getting the lights up inside, and maybe set up a few trees.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

Enjoy your midweek break Xmas, have fun decorating!
Goodnight :)

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Sending hugs & prayers up for you and yours.

Blessings!

View attachment 33639
Hello there SF,
So glad to catch a post from you. I am glad to hear all is well and Harlowe is doing good. How wonderful you have started decorating. I plan on making a start this weekend. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Wednesday!

Been up most of the night/morning listening to election coverage so it is going to be a very long day. Good thing I planned on spending it doing something fun!!

Have a blessed day, MMC!!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Merry Wednesday and a Happy Pines Day to all,

Well ... I hope you all are coping with the post election drama. It's on every station here so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you over there!

We got a teaser of the John Lewis Christmas advert. Their advert has become almost a tradition here every year. I suppose what makes their adverts special is that they highlight the meaning of Christmas rather than showcase their products. I will post it once it is released.

Here is one of my past favourites ...

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Wednesday Morning MMC! I did get caught up in watching the Election last night (hard not to) but I still went to bed my normal time. I figured at that point whichever way the election went I couldn't control the outcome anymore. Woke up this morning to see Trump won. No matter who won I just hope for the best for the country. Now can we focus on the Christmas season that the election is over? Oh at MMC we have been focusing on it for about 300+ days! :) I'm going to get some pizza for lunch. Enjoy your Wednesday!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be cloudy today with a chance of showers, highs near 58 degrees. I'm just having a cup of coffee and watching the news. I only got a couple hours of sleep, we stayed awake until almost 4:00am watching the election coverage. Thankfully there isn't too much planned for today, maybe I'll squeeze a nap in.
I got Maggie's test results last night. She has a heart valve disease that's causing the heart to be enlarged. So far the valve and heart size are compensating well so no other medication is needed at this time. I will just keep her on the cough suppressant and repeat the echocardiogram in one year, unless her symptoms worsen. Thanks again to all who sent thoughts and prayers <3
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be cloudy today with a chance of showers, highs near 58 degrees. I'm just having a cup of coffee and watching the news. I only got a couple hours of sleep, we stayed awake until almost 4:00am watching the election coverage. Thankfully there isn't too much planned for today, maybe I'll squeeze a nap in.
I got Maggie's test results last night. She has a heart valve disease that's causing the heart to be enlarged. So far the valve and heart size are compensating well so no other medication is needed at this time. I will just keep her on the cough suppressant and repeat the echocardiogram in one year, unless her symptoms worsen. Thanks again to all who sent thoughts and prayers <3

I'm so glad Maggie's valve and heart size are compensating well ~ will keep praying that it continues. Hope you can get a nap in at some time today! Have a Merry day, HmG! (((HUGS)))

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

Windy morning here on this my day off. Have to take mom to get her passport. She is soon to turn 86 and is getting a 10 year passport. Love my mom ! I am quite sure she will be renewing again when this one it done, she is so energetic !

So excited about this years start to Christmas season, anxious to read all the special posts leading to it.
Hope you all have a fantastic day !

Canada's immigration hot line crashed last night and apparently is still down this morning.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-s-immigration-website-crashes-on-election-night-1.3152231
hmmmm

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
Prayers will continue for Maggie. She is a strong little doggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image