Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
thank you. When i look back over the years I marvel at what we went through and how it all turned out good in the end. I listened to my now grown kids talking once and all they mentioned was how much fun they had growing up. I am grateful they do not remember all the hard times (or maybe choose not to )

good luck on your run today, at least the running will keep you warm.

sounds like a busy day for you. I finished kneading dough for a loaf of sourdough bread and it is set aside to rise. It will be baked in time to enjoy with supper. LittleCS is coming over to bake the sections for her gingerbread house later this morning. I will be in my cake room working on my entry for the cake competition. Right now I am making the left over sourdough into pancakes for breakfast. Also enjoying the peace of this frosty morning.
Have a great day, hope all feel better soon.

Good Morning Christmasstar. Sounds like you will have a bit of a busy day as well. Nothing quite like the early morning hours when most of the world is still sleeping. So peaceful and relaxing.
Have a fun Saturday and a really great Sunday.

Relaxing Saturday.jpg

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

very chilly morning at only -2c (29f) here with lots of frost.
Lots to do this day and looking forward to getting it done. Always nice to have family over for the day even if it is just for working together.
Hope you all have a fantastic day !
I found a t shirt that I want for Christmas ...LOL

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello and Happy Friday!

I've been cranking on my day off. It's taken me 4 hours to record 30 minutes of radio time! I'll have to get cranking even more if I expect to complete an hour or two in time for the Santa Tracking broadcast. Maybe the next session will be more productive now that I have a handle on what I'm doing. This year I have a mic that allows me to record directly into the computer, so that's a little more efficient. Last year I had several free days to devote to it, but not this year! Maybe I can get some more work done over the weekend. Right now I want to have a bite to eat and relax a bit.

Good Morning Merry and Bravo! I knew you'd get there with little or no trouble at all. Must be kind of fun when you think about it. For me it would be tough due to my lack of experience with the modern world of technology. In other words, my TV is a 17" Curtis Mathes, my current gaming system is a SNES with games I still have not opened, no cell phone and this laptop is from 2006 with Vista on it... :rolleyes:
Guess it takes me awhile. Oh and I still have cassettes and VHS tapes...lol
Have a great Saturday...

Happy Saturday Panther.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good evening,

Just a quick run through tonight, I am not feeling well today, but being the last few weeks before turkey day I cannot miss the time.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone
Morning Xmas. Sorry to hear you are not feeling to well. I pray it quickly passes by. Hopefully after this "Turkey Day" is over you will find some time to kick back just a bit. I have to admit that it has been a long while since I would do any overtime. I usually answer the same way when asked... "I can always make another dollar, but every hour that passes is gone forever".
Have a nice weekend...
Saturday Wishes.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Saturday Morning MMC! The Season Eve...it's upon us. It's cold out there and feels like Christmas (except for last Christmas when it was 70 lol). Going to be a chilly day but looks like mostly mild conditions after that. Been a nice Autumn with not too much extreme cold or anything yet. Got some stuff to do today including looking for the Thanksgiving turkey. I can't believe it's that time again but here we are guys/girls.
Have a great Saturday!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Saturday Morning MMC! The Season Eve...it's upon us. It's cold out there and feels like Christmas (except for last Christmas when it was 70 lol). Going to be a chilly day but looks like mostly mild conditions after that. Been a nice Autumn with not too much extreme cold or anything yet. Got some stuff to do today including looking for the Thanksgiving turkey. I can't believe it's that time again but here we are guys/girls.
Have a great Saturday!
Howdy Edge. Good to see you up and about this AM. Just a hair below freezing here, but with mild temps today and all through the week. And the end of this week means five days off to enjoy the Thanksgiving days. Have fun looking for your turkey. Just how big will it need to be?
Have a fun Saturday and enjoy the games. We are both 1-0 for this week.

Coffee Time.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Howdy Edge. Good to see you up and about this AM. Just a hair below freezing here, but with mild temps today and all through the week. And the end of this week means five days off to enjoy the Thanksgiving days. Have fun looking for your turkey. Just how big will it need to be?
Have a fun Saturday and enjoy the games. We are both 1-0 for this week.

View attachment 33794
We look for a turkey between 20-25 lbs. A big one. Lots of leftovers but that's the best part of holidays isn't it? All those leftovers sometimes taste better the 2nd time you eat them than the first day you cook the food. Have a fun Saturday as well!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
We look for a turkey between 20-25 lbs. A big one. Lots of leftovers but that's the best part of holidays isn't it? All those leftovers sometimes taste better the 2nd time you eat them than the first day you cook the food. Have a fun Saturday as well!
I like the leftovers to, but it seems that I'm the only one in my home that does. A couple of year's back I was talked into a huge bird and was still eating it just before Christmas... lol
And here is a pic of one of my favorite ways to use the leftovers.... have a great day my friend.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Crescent Ring.jpg

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning.
And whoa, Nelly! Just look where we are!!

"One" may be the loneliest number that Three Dog Night ever did, but it's pretty darn popular around here with us at this time of the rolling year!

Days to the Season: 1 (Um.....that would be TOMORROW, Folks!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 12 (Closing in now on SINGLE DIGITS!)
Days to Christmas Day: 43 (Six weeks from tomorrow, Guys!)
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited.
(Oh, heck. I KNOW you are excited, too!)

And as if that isn't enough, there's tonight. Oh, TONIGHT!!

If you have not been here in years past, you likely are not aware of the goings on here the evening of each November 12, when we count down the final minutes together in real time. There's fun, joy, sentiment, and just plain old good feelings all around.
Please join us here as the hours dwindle down toward midnight EST, to ring in CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 in full MMC style!!

OK.
One remaining Special Post to go:
Today (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent

It warmed up a bit yesterday, to coincide with me taking my younger niece out to a restaurant for her 24th birthday (hard for me to believe, let me tell you!) then shopping. Bright, sunny and calm, too.
Today will be noticeably cooler and tonight could see us break below the freezing barrier!
We are right now at 46 degrees here in our part of MMC Land.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Hope to see as many of you here as possible tonight for an evening you won't forget or regret!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Special Post (One more day!!!)

There are many words we can use to describe the Christmas Season. I, for one, prefer to rely heavily on a few. The feelings anticipation I experience all year when thinking about Christmas is absolutely incomparable to anything else.

The feelings of joy and excitement that overcome me when I walk into a store and see my first Christmas item or ornament, or put up my first Christmas decoration while listening to Christmas music in my home have such a heartwarming, yet teary-eyed feeling of anticipation.

Although we have a safe haven here at My Merry Christmas, the “real world” often looks at me sideways due to my fascination with all things Christmas. I don’t mind that at all. Christmas, to me, is an escape from the “real world.” Christmas lets me believe that there is still a place for hope, pure joy, peace, and innocence – we just have to believe.

Despite all the hardships and despair that may be going on in various places of the world, I believe it is something we can overcome. I believe in the Spirit of the Season, and I believe that it can unite everyone regardless of their beliefs.

I believe in a Season that we countdown to all year. I believe in a Season that can produce six weeks of happiness. I believe in a Season that heightens our innocence of yesteryear. Most of all, I believe in a Season of peace.

Speaking of believe, Kim’s six-year-old nephew was told by his older (about 10 years old) cousin this summer that there was “no Santa Claus.” Six years old, can you believe it? Needless to say, Kim, myself, and her family were both shocked and appalled at the news. We all quickly reassured him that there is, indeed, a Santa Claus.

“What about all the cookies, I suppose parents eat them, too?” to quote Buddy the Elf. Kim’s nephew took a stand. He agreed. No Santa? There is a Santa. And the best part about this? His two older brothers, who will be 10 in about two weeks, know the truth, but they also reassured him that Santa is real.

In my mind, everything can happen if you just believe. I believe in the magic of the Season, and I believe that there is no other time of year like Christmas. I believe that being able to spend a bond of Christmas with all of you throughout these years – a total of seven years for some – has truly made me a better person.

I believe that is nearly time to turn on the Christmas music. I believe that is nearly time to decorate. I believe the Christmas Season is only one day away. I believe we will be able to say those two magical words to ring in the Christmas Season very shortly. I look forward to saying the two magical words and counting down with you all tonight, in real time.

The Christmas Season is one day away...

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good Morning.
And whoa, Nelly! Just look where we are!!

"One" may be the loneliest number that Three Dog Night ever did, but it's pretty darn popular around here with us at this time of the rolling year!

Days to the Season: 1 (Um.....that would be TOMORROW, Folks!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 12 (Closing in now on SINGLE DIGITS!)
Days to Christmas Day: 43 (Six weeks from tomorrow, Guys!)
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited.
(Oh, heck. I KNOW you are excited, too!)

And as if that isn't enough, there's tonight. Oh, TONIGHT!!

If you have not been here in years past, you likely are not aware of the goings on here the evening of each November 12, when we count down the final minutes together in real time. There's fun, joy, sentiment, and just plain old good feelings all around.
Please join us here as the hours dwindle down toward midnight EST, to ring in CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 in full MMC style!!

OK.
One remaining Special Post to go:
Today (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent

It warmed up a bit yesterday, to coincide with me taking my younger niece out to a restaurant for her 24th birthday (hard for me to believe, let me tell you!) then shopping. Bright, sunny and calm, too.
Today will be noticeably cooler and tonight could see us break below the freezing barrier!
We are right now at 46 degrees here in our part of MMC Land.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Hope to see as many of you here as possible tonight for an evening you won't forget or regret!

Am I looking forward to tonight, or what?! Wow! The final special post before the Season has been posted! Looking forward to reading the first and only Special Post of the Christmas Season tomorrow, Crown!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I like the leftovers to, but it seems that I'm the only one in my home that does. A couple of year's back I was talked into a huge bird and was still eating it just before Christmas... lol
And here is a pic of one of my favorite ways to use the leftovers.... have a great day my friend.

View attachment 33798
I looked it up and think I will be trying this one out , thanks
I found a great looking Christmas treat I will be trying for the first time this year just because it also suits me
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/christmas-star-twisted-bread

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!

There are many words we can use to describe the Christmas Season. I, for one, prefer to rely heavily on a few. The feelings anticipation I experience all year when thinking about Christmas is absolutely incomparable to anything else.

The feelings of joy and excitement that overcome me when I walk into a store and see my first Christmas item or ornament, or put up my first Christmas decoration while listening to Christmas music in my home have such a heartwarming, yet teary-eyed feeling of anticipation.

Although we have a safe haven here at My Merry Christmas, the “real world” often looks at me sideways due to my fascination with all things Christmas. I don’t mind that at all. Christmas, to me, is an escape from the “real world.” Christmas lets me believe that there is still a place for hope, pure joy, peace, and innocence – we just have to believe.

Despite all the hardships and despair that may be going on in various places of the world, I believe it is something we can overcome. I believe in the Spirit of the Season, and I believe that it can unite everyone regardless of their beliefs.

I believe in a Season that we countdown to all year. I believe in a Season that can produce six weeks of happiness. I believe in a Season that heightens our innocence of yesteryear. Most of all, I believe in a Season of peace.

Speaking of believe, Kim’s six-year-old nephew was told by his older (about 10 years old) cousin this summer that there was “no Santa Claus.” Six years old, can you believe it? Needless to say, Kim, myself, and her family were both shocked and appalled at the news. We all quickly reassured him that there is, indeed, a Santa Claus.

“What about all the cookies, I suppose parents eat them, too?” to quote Buddy the Elf. Kim’s nephew took a stand. He agreed. No Santa? There is a Santa. And the best part about this? His two older brothers, who will be 10 in about two weeks, know the truth, but they also reassured him that Santa is real.

In my mind, everything can happen if you just believe. I believe in the magic of the Season, and I believe that there is no other time of year like Christmas. I believe that being able to spend a bond of Christmas with all of you throughout these years – a total of seven years for some – has truly made me a better person.

I believe that is nearly time to turn on the Christmas music. I believe that is nearly time to decorate. I believe the Christmas Season is only one day away. I believe we will be able to say those two magical words to ring in the Christmas Season very shortly. I look forward to saying the two magical words and counting down with you all tonight, in real time.

upload_2016-11-12_8-38-44.jpeg
wonderful ! Thank you
I will be joining you all tonight as well, so excited !

B

ballcoach

Beautifully stated...and wonderfully written. Good job, friend.

Our time has arrived. Just a few more hours....

B

ballcoach

Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger

I must say, friend, that I have always eagerly awaited reading your special post each year. Ever since I joined in 2009, I have enjoyed reading everything that "Binger" posted. While I haven't been here as much since my daughters were born, I still scan the pages to see if you have posted. Thanks you for the laughs. Merry Christmas, Bing.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events