Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Sending hugs & prayers up for you and yours.

Blessings!

View attachment 33639
Nice to see you on the boards again snowflake22 :) And very happy to know that Harlowe is doing well and that despite being so busy at work, it hasn't hampered your Christmas spirit. Love hearing that your house is almost fully decorated now. Hope we get to see some pictures at some point (and from others here at MMC as well). That first play at the game on Sunday unfortunately set the tone but glad to hear that you had a great time nonetheless. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good evening, everyone!

I am just stopping in for a quick hello before dinner and election coverage-watching takes over. Yes, I may not be American, but it's pretty much the biggest topic going around here in Canada. Whatever happens will have a great effect on us, too, so we'll keep a close eye. I'm not going to be political at all, but I just hope you all took the time and had your voice heard.

Last week, I worked every day at Russell. It was quite busy. This week, I don't quite have anything booked. I received a call yesterday morning to work with the Catholic board here in Ottawa. It was actually quite a fun day. I had one Grade 9 Drama class that may have been the best group of that age group I have ever had. They were amazing! Last night, I was a little busy with the gym and such...

Unfortunately, I had today off, but had to do a few things with a friend and then went out for a nice 8.5km run. I went out around 4:15pm. If I had went out about an hour earlier, I could have (comfortably) ran in shorts and a t-shirt, which would have been crazy for November 8th!

Well, I should probably start preparing dinner. Kim will be home shortly, and then we're heading to a friends house for a mid-week election watching party... Really, it's just a reason to get together and talk while something we can all relate to is happening.

Have a great Tuesday night, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you at the final 'Pines Day before the Christmas Season tomorrow!
You'd think we were in the US with all the election coverage that we got here in Canada. Even this morning it's still non-stop. Enjoy that warmer weather while it lasts and have a great day ahead.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Wednesday!

Been up most of the night/morning listening to election coverage so it is going to be a very long day. Good thing I planned on spending it doing something fun!!

Have a blessed day, MMC!!
What's on plan for today Meceka? I went to bed early but kept waking up and checking on the results and wound up being awake for half the night so I sympathize on this being a long day ahead. Have a great one!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Wednesday and a Happy Pines Day to all,

Well ... I hope you all are coping with the post election drama. It's on every station here so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you over there!

We got a teaser of the John Lewis Christmas advert. Their advert has become almost a tradition here every year. I suppose what makes their adverts special is that they highlight the meaning of Christmas rather than showcase their products. I will post it once it is released.

Here is one of my past favourites ...

Oh wow, that advert was so beautiful, it made me smile and cry (I cry at everything). Don't know what John Lewis sells but that is very effective. Hope this year's advert is as awesome. Have a nice day Festive.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be cloudy today with a chance of showers, highs near 58 degrees. I'm just having a cup of coffee and watching the news. I only got a couple hours of sleep, we stayed awake until almost 4:00am watching the election coverage. Thankfully there isn't too much planned for today, maybe I'll squeeze a nap in.
I got Maggie's test results last night. She has a heart valve disease that's causing the heart to be enlarged. So far the valve and heart size are compensating well so no other medication is needed at this time. I will just keep her on the cough suppressant and repeat the echocardiogram in one year, unless her symptoms worsen. Thanks again to all who sent thoughts and prayers <3
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
That is good news that Maggie doesn't need new medication for now. How did she handle the ekg? Hope you'll have a good day and enjoy that nap for all of us who stayed up way too late.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! It's mild this morning but the winds are strong and cold-ish. We might get our first freeze overnight. Loki has an appointment at the groomer's this morning and I'm getting our tires changed mid-afternoon. In between, I need to get a new kitchen sink plug (tired of water running out before I finish the dishes) and plan on doing a bit of Christmas shopping. Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Oh wow, that advert was so beautiful, it made me smile and cry (I cry at everything). Don't know what John Lewis sells but that is very effective. Hope this year's advert is as awesome. Have a nice day Festive.
Thank You! I hope you have a wonderful day too and enjoying your vacation.

Yeah it gets me every time that advert as well as the others. They are a high end department store chain selling everything from fashion to homeware.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Holiday Hopers!

And here's hoping that the dwindling days of our count are proving to be as exciting for you as they are for me.

Let's update our review:
Days to the Season: 4 (Barely over HALF A WEEK left!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 15 (2 WEEKS from tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 46 (Just over 6 1/2 weeks to go!)

The remaining Special Post Series schedule:
Today (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger
Tomorrow (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
November 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

(Fantastic!)

Cooler weather has put a Seasonal Stamp on the atmosphere as we rapidly approach the advent of Christmas Season 2016.
It has also been nicely clear and dry with plenty of sun.
This mid-week morning has begun here in central NC at 51 degrees after a light sprinkle.

Big night at the 'Pines this evening as Carl helps to countdown to the season with extra special give-aways and world class entertainment.
Stop in tonight if you can for the final open house before the Season starts!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Friends!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007

And here's hoping that the dwindling days of our count are proving to be as exciting for you as they are for me.

Let's update our review:

(Fantastic!)

Cooler weather has put a Seasonal Stamp on the atmosphere as we rapidly approach the advent of Christmas Season 2016.
This mid-week morning has begun here in central NC at 51 degrees after a light sprinkle.

Big night at the 'Pines this evening as Carl helps to countdown to the season with extra special give-aways and world class entertainment.

Jayish will be singing " VIVA LAS VEGAS"

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger
thank you Binger, your post is leaving me thinking deeply about what is important to me and special in all areas of my life.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger
Thank you Binger for another beautiful special post.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Let's update our review:

(Fantastic!)

Thanks Crown! I'm enjoying these special posts!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Pines Day! Happy Hump Day!!! -santa-

Looks like another dreary day here. High of 52º! I think that's our coldest high so far this season! It will be a good night to have soup for supper! :)

I hope everyone's day is off to a good start!!!! Have a wonderful day! I'm looking forward to another special post! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Tuesday, MMC!!

How are you, friends?

Hope you're doing well~

We had a fun weekend in Green Bay, even though the Pack lost. Still such an amazing & fun experience! And the weather...65 degrees!

My house is looking very festive these days! The only thing we have left to do is set up the village, which will take a weekend =] But looking forward to it, as always.

Life continues to be a whirlwind, but aside from the madness, things are pretty good. Harlowe is doing well, which makes me very happy.

Sending hugs & prayers up for you and yours.

Blessings!

View attachment 33639
So nice to hear from you snowflake!! Sorry your Packers lost but glad you had a great time. At least your friend made was happy, right? ;)

It makes me happy to hear Har is doing well! Hope she is enjoying some nice fall weather!

I sure hope things slow down for you soon. We miss seeing you every day! Can't wait to see pictures of your decorations. So exciting!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening, everyone!

I am just stopping in for a quick hello before dinner and election coverage-watching takes over. Yes, I may not be American, but it's pretty much the biggest topic going around here in Canada. Whatever happens will have a great effect on us, too, so we'll keep a close eye. I'm not going to be political at all, but I just hope you all took the time and had your voice heard.

Last week, I worked every day at Russell. It was quite busy. This week, I don't quite have anything booked. I received a call yesterday morning to work with the Catholic board here in Ottawa. It was actually quite a fun day. I had one Grade 9 Drama class that may have been the best group of that age group I have ever had. They were amazing! Last night, I was a little busy with the gym and such...

Unfortunately, I had today off, but had to do a few things with a friend and then went out for a nice 8.5km run. I went out around 4:15pm. If I had went out about an hour earlier, I could have (comfortably) ran in shorts and a t-shirt, which would have been crazy for November 8th!

Well, I should probably start preparing dinner. Kim will be home shortly, and then we're heading to a friends house for a mid-week election watching party... Really, it's just a reason to get together and talk while something we can all relate to is happening.

Have a great Tuesday night, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you at the final 'Pines Day before the Christmas Season tomorrow!

Good morning Brent!

I do believe Americans went out & had their voices heard yesterday! Nice to see! Some will be happy, some will be upset, I say thank God it's over!!! Hope you all had a good time last night!! I said I wasn't going to watch but I got sucked in anyway & stayed up waaaaaaay too late!!!

Have a great day!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Merry Wednesday and a Happy Pines Day to all,

Well ... I hope you all are coping with the post election drama. It's on every station here so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you over there!

We got a teaser of the John Lewis Christmas advert. Their advert has become almost a tradition here every year. I suppose what makes their adverts special is that they highlight the meaning of Christmas rather than showcase their products. I will post it once it is released.

Here is one of my past favourites ...

Without opening a political discussion (MMC should always remain a politics-free zone), I'll only say: Having gone to bed with yesterday's projections, it was a little like waking up in the Twilight Zone this morning. I haven't seen yet what the rest of the world is saying, but I can imagine.

Looking forward to viewing the advert when I get home. I want to try to see your special Christmas adverts this year as they come out, so keep letting us know when they do! Hoping I can find them on YouTube.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good Wednesday Morning MMC! I did get caught up in watching the Election last night (hard not to) but I still went to bed my normal time. I figured at that point whichever way the election went I couldn't control the outcome anymore. Woke up this morning to see Trump won. No matter who won I just hope for the best for the country. Now can we focus on the Christmas season that the election is over? Oh at MMC we have been focusing on it for about 300+ days! :) I'm going to get some pizza for lunch. Enjoy your Wednesday!
That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image