MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger

Really, really nice my Friend.
As a strong believer in tradition, your post truly struck a chord in me.
Good job!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Afternoon,
Did you get snow? We didn't.

Rainy, cold and dark here. Need my twinkling lights up right now!!!

Heyyy Festive...No snow but buckets of rain Grrrrrrrrr...Its been raining all last night and today...Its not halted at all...I think their was snow further down the road though +i

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Without opening a political discussion (MMC should always remain a politics-free zone), I'll only say: Having gone to bed with yesterday's projections, it was a little like waking up in the Twilight Zone this morning. I haven't seen yet what the rest of the world is saying, but I can imagine.

Looking forward to viewing the advert when I get home. I want to try to see your special Christmas adverts this year as they come out, so keep letting us know when they do! Hoping I can find them on YouTube.

It's the main focus on our news. I thought I was still dreaming when I turned on the TV this morning. Anyway.....

I have been searching for this years Christmas commercials thread but there isn't one. I always look forward to seeing ads that you guys post too. Maybe I will start a thread .

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning MMC! Merry Pines Day! Happy Hump Day!!! -santa-

Looks like another dreary day here. High of 52º! I think that's our coldest high so far this season! It will be a good night to have soup for supper! :)

I hope everyone's day is off to a good start!!!! Have a wonderful day! I'm looking forward to another special post! :)

We are in upper 20s wet , dull . Yuck! :D

Have a great day!

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger
Bravo!!!
Well said Binger!!! Have a blessed 4th day before the season!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
What's on plan for today Meceka? I went to bed early but kept waking up and checking on the results and wound up being awake for half the night so I sympathize on this being a long day ahead. Have a great one!

I'm at my cousin's house. We're hanging out, listening to Christmas music. She's on FB and I'm trying to get my computer set up for a few projects so there are several cross conversations going on that are rather hilarious. :)
I hope you have a great one, too, Martine!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning Brent!

I do believe Americans went out & had their voices heard yesterday! Nice to see! Some will be happy, some will be upset, I say
thank God it's over!!! Hope you all had a good time last night!! I said I wasn't going to watch but I got sucked in anyway & stayed up waaaaaaay too late!!!

Have a great day!!

Yes!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Prayers will continue for Maggie. She is a strong little doggie.

That is good news that Maggie doesn't need new medication for now. How did she handle the ekg? Hope you'll have a good day and enjoy that nap for all of us who stayed up way too late.

I'm happy to hear Maggie's doing well. Please keep us posted.

Good morning HMG! I'm happy to hear Maggie's heart & valve are compensating good together. Prayers that keeps continuing!! xx What a sweet girl. Give her a hug from us!
Hope you can catch a nap today!
Have a great day!

I'm glad to hear that you finally know what's going on and that her body is compensating well for it. Continued prayers for both of you.

Thank you so much <3

Martine, Maggie was fine during the echocardiogram. They didn't have to sedate her and it only took about 15 minutes. With that being said, I'm glad she doesn't have to repeat it for an entire year.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hope you get to do something fun today Meceka & maybe catch a nap!! Have a GREAT Pines day!!!!

Thank you, Holiday! Definitely need a nap ~ the numerous typos I have to keep fixing are driving me nuts. Have a Merry day!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger

Beautiful Binger, thank you so much!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merry Wednesday and a Happy Pines Day to all,

Well ... I hope you all are coping with the post election drama. It's on every station here so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you over there!

We got a teaser of the John Lewis Christmas advert. Their advert has become almost a tradition here every year. I suppose what makes their adverts special is that they highlight the meaning of Christmas rather than showcase their products. I will post it once it is released.

Here is one of my past favourites ...

I LOVE those John Lewis commercials!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be cloudy today with a chance of showers, highs near 58 degrees. I'm just having a cup of coffee and watching the news. I only got a couple hours of sleep, we stayed awake until almost 4:00am watching the election coverage. Thankfully there isn't too much planned for today, maybe I'll squeeze a nap in.
I got Maggie's test results last night. She has a heart valve disease that's causing the heart to be enlarged. So far the valve and heart size are compensating well so no other medication is needed at this time. I will just keep her on the cough suppressant and repeat the echocardiogram in one year, unless her symptoms worsen. Thanks again to all who sent thoughts and prayers <3
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Bless her heart, I hope she's symptom-free for many more years!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Staying up until 4am and then getting back up at 7. What was I thinking? Lol!!! I'm headed to the Pines early for a pick me up.
LOL!!! It was too intense to sleep!!!

Lol!! I actually wanted us to lose because I'm hoping for a new coach and GM in the off season.
Well pooh! Then ya both lost, huh? ;)

Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning/Afternoon christmas friends...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its a wet and windy day here today Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!....Soo glad my working day is over Woo-hoo...Gonna grab a cuppa tea then pick the girls up from school...Enjoy your day ahead christmas friends-gift-
Good morning/afternoon prancer!! You sure have had quite the dreary weather over there! Hope you stay warm & dry & enjoy the rest of your day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image