Status
Not open for further replies.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Merry Christmas Season my beloved friends!!!! It´s Sunday morning....we just had breakfast and are still recovering from bad colds...coughing, sneezing, sore throat and headaches.....headaches is pretty much gone......sore throat is getting less and less....but all is great.....the season has started!!!!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Merry Christmas, my dear friends! Couldn't have come at a better time. Our first frost is this morning!

Got the Christmas music on and a nice cup of herbal tea. Cheers to the season and to each of you! May we all have a season filled with love, peace, hope, and lots of joy!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
What are You guys up to today?

Trying to get feeling back in my legs after the half marathon yesterday-on second thought, perhaps I don't want to do that since they hurt! :) Just enjoying the last day of my weekend before a busy week really. What are you up to? Exciting about the Christmas markets!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Christmas Season my beloved friends!!!! It´s Sunday morning....we just had breakfast and are still recovering from bad colds...coughing, sneezing, sore throat and headaches.....headaches is pretty much gone......sore throat is getting less and less....but all is great.....the season has started!!!!
Hope everyone will feel better soon and have a great start to the season trackrebel.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Christmas, my dear friends! Couldn't have come at a better time. Our first frost is this morning!

Got the Christmas music on and a nice cup of herbal tea. Cheers to the season and to each of you! May we all have a season filled with love, peace, hope, and lots of joy!
Thank you for those nice wishes DYHWIH and same to you. Hope you're feeling less pain after your half-marathon yesterday and enjoy this special day.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! Did not sleep in much today. Tons of things to do before we can relax this afternoon/evening. I really enjoyed reading about the countdown to midnight. I was out by 9pm, I can never stay up that late it seems. Just reading about it created a lot of excitement for what is to come. And some freaking out to, because it's REALLY close now. Hubby was up very early and stayed in the living room and turned on these special "tape" lights that he got. He's so excited about putting them up around our patio door, like a kid on Christmas morning with this new toy. Wishing everyone a wonderful first official day to the Christmas season and thank you all for being there for everyone.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merriest of greetings y'all!

Please excuse my unforgivable absence. Many times when I should surely have been here spreading cheer and catching up with your plans, memories and every day conversations; I found myself unable to calm my mind long enough to simply enjoy reading and posting.

It's been a challenging year for me. So much going on and then when I found I had a bit of time to spare, I was so exhausted I would just relax with the cat on the sofa or catch up when I could with a few members on FB. You don't have to think much on Facebook.

I'm pleased that the across the creek neighbours turned their lights on last Tuesday and I found Eggnog at the grocery store today to remind me that the season is upon us and it's time to make merry with my festive chums.

I know a few of you have lost loved ones, family members, pets and others have welcomed new babies and grandchildren into your lives; sorry I wasn't here for you.

Not an evening slips by when I don't extend special wishes and prayers for the members here, some of those thoughts are generic while others are quite direct and purposeful when I know you're searching for comfort through your sadness and struggles.

On a happy note, I'm still as much of a Christmas Wacko as I ever was it's just that I haven't been in the right frame of mind to stay connected. I'm fine; just busy with work and life.

I shall endeavour to pop around this merry way more often as we approach Christmas with glad hearts and perfect strangers who have become friends through our shared joys of all things Christmas.

Keep a merry thought in your head,

It's wonderful to see you again, Auntie!! I hope you can spend more time with us now!
-merry-

B

ballcoach

I hope y'all get to feeling better! It is so good to see you here! Take care!

B

ballcoach

Up from one heck of a time last night! I love "Ringing in the Season" with you guys! Last night, I got to do it with my little girl sleeping in my lap and my wife watching Christmas Vacation. I say this every year, but it might have been my favorite one!

Coffee is hot, Christmas music is playing, and my heart is full. Merry Christmas, friends...Merry Christmas....

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
That is sad to hear, CGYager.

I see life as like an hourglass. The lower globe is clear but the upper one is opaque. We can see all the grains of our past lives but have no idea how much remains in the upper globe.
Any grain that passes through the neck of the present could be our last, or there could be many more grains left to come. We just don't know.
Enjoy every moment......and take good care of your fagile hourglass!
Never heard of that or thought of it that way but really makes sense and well put Crown. Definitely feel the importance of every day (and hour even) as I've gotten older. Merry Christmas Season to you and your family (and I hope for you many, many, many more in the future).

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Merry Christmas Season MMC! Hard to believe but it's HERE! It's begun as they say. I didn't make it to midnight but was in and out a few times. Glad to see everyone had fun when they could be here. Well now it's real so let's enjoy it. I've got some food shopping to do today. TWD big episode tonight and to start off the Christmas season I'm going to put on my favorite Christmas show ever...Rudolph. Great way to ring it in.
Have a great first day of the Christmas season!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
** CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 DAY 1 **

Good First Christmas Season Morning, Dear Friends.

The Season may be upon us now, but the remaining counts go on!
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 11 (SINGLE DIGITS the day after tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 42 (Six weeks from today, Folks!)

Ah! Six weeks now of nothing but Christmas music and movies.
(Isn't this time of the year just wonderful!!)

Coolish, but properly seasonal weather continues here with no rain.
Feels about right for this time of the year.
It was 30 degrees when I got up this morning but we have since edged up to 32.5 here at this hour.

Have a Super Sunday, and a Fantastic First Day of Christmas Season 2016, Guys!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Some Day One Thoughts:

Well, another fantastic Season count has been completed.
The Special Post series has inspired us.
Last night's real time count entertained us and drew us closer together.
And the final run to Christmas Day has commenced.
(It doesn't get any better than this, Folks. It really doesn't.)

We come here year after year for camaraderie, fun and a commonality of interest within the warm and beloved framework that is Christmas. This dependability is clearly important to us all. A tradition we feel compelled to uphold for all of our sakes. And thank goodness for that!

Thank you so much for counting down with us for yet another year and for the optimism I know will guide us forward here for many years to come.

Now on to Christmas, dear Friends.
Enjoy the next 50 days of Christmas Season 2016 to the fullest and celebrate in style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image