Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Soooooo bummed to wake up at 4am to find The Middle on Hallmark channel! Not that I don't like The Middle but didn't Christmas 24/7 JUST start?!?! :(

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! Working the afternoon/evening shift and then a day off tomorrow, which will be spent partly at a walk-in clinic for David's follow-up appointment. We got the confirmation yesterday that his case was accepted by the government agency which regulates work-related accidents and a first cheque came in. That's a relief. Now we can get refunded for the 625$ we spent for the MRI. His shoulder is slowly getting better. Physiotherapist says it should another month or so for it to heal fully. Bracing for snow coming in today, hope it won't be too much of a nightmare by tonight on my way home.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Believe me I feel your pain! I make our families calendar every year which includes over 100 photos!
I had thought about using Crowns Milestones for the year as the pics on the day of the month they fall upon. But I knew he said he didnt have it ready yet for 2017 so I just went with what I had. Got thinking maybe we could do a "group buy" for next year on a calendar and say charge 5.00 over the cost of it and donate it to Santas Sleigh. Can ask Jeff if he likes the idea. Do a strictly Christmas themed calendar. I still cant believe how hard they are to find premade!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Psttt! Be still!! (that's what my best friends dad always said when he wanted us to be quiet) we are not talking about Tuesday yet - we are not even thinking about it – Tuesday is not even on the radar! Soaking up and enjoying my days off! I am so spoiled I really hope I never have a job where I have to work between the holidays again because I absolutely love (and totally appreciate) this! ❤ I have done some work from home - in my PJs by the tree – and I am perfectly OK with that! :D
-tree-
I don't mind working a couple of days in between. As long as I have all the "key" days off. It helps me when I go back next week (I won't say the day after Monday) that I wasn't out like 11 days in a row. 8 or 9 out of 11 off is still pretty great this time of year.

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning! My last work day of 2016. It's been a good year at work but I'm looking forward to another 4 days off for New Years. I noticed Thanksgiving break is really great, fun, exciting but also some relaxation. Christmas break is almost no relaxation till Christmas Eve night. New Years break should be more relaxing than that. I do kind of miss running around getting ready for Christmas though. There's nothing quite like it is there? Have a great New Years Eve Eve Eve!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning .. Well didn't get half the stuff done yesterday that I wanted to. Hubby came home from work sick and Raven just wanted to cuddle when we brought her home from the vet. She still thinks she is small enough to be a lap dog LOL. Hubby is feeling better and just left for work so I am hoping to get everything done today that I want to. I really want to tackle each room and get them decluttered and organized before I go back to work next week.

Thinking about running back down to Walmart to see to go through the Christmas Clearance again.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good morning .. Well didn't get half the stuff done yesterday that I wanted to. Hubby came home from work sick and Raven just wanted to cuddle when we brought her home from the vet. She still thinks she is small enough to be a lap dog LOL. Hubby is feeling better and just left for work so I am hoping to get everything done today that I want to. I really want to tackle each room and get them decluttered and organized before I go back to work next week.

Thinking about running back down to Walmart to see to go through the Christmas Clearance again.
There is always a chance you might have missed something Minta. :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Psttt! Be still!! (that's what my best friends dad always said when he wanted us to be quiet) we are not talking about Tuesday yet - we are not even thinking about it – Tuesday is not even on the radar! Soaking up and enjoying my days off! I am so spoiled I really hope I never have a job where I have to work between the holidays again because I absolutely love (and totally appreciate) this! ❤ I have done some work from home - in my PJs by the tree – and I am perfectly OK with that! :D
-tree-
Enjoy your holiday week to the fullest!
I'm working this week, but it hasn't amounted to much, and a good many people are out of the office. I've done some online reading---I found a series of three charming old storybooks from the early 1900s that I'd love to read for LibriVox. Hoping we'll close early tomorrow so I can extend that holiday weekend by a few hours!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Morning! My last work day of 2016. It's been a good year at work but I'm looking forward to another 4 days off for New Years. I noticed Thanksgiving break is really great, fun, exciting but also some relaxation. Christmas break is almost no relaxation till Christmas Eve night. New Years break should be more relaxing than that. I do kind of miss running around getting ready for Christmas though. There's nothing quite like it is there? Have a great New Years Eve Eve Eve!
Our New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are usually movie marathons---New Year's Eve is all about running 16mm and video on the movie screen downstairs. Keeps us awake until midnight! We already have some titles in mind.

New Year's Eve always makes me think of the Marx Brothers. Back home, a local TV station used to run a Marx Brothers marathon from early evening until past midnight, and it was the one night in the year I had the TV to myself---and I just loved that marathon. Mr. remembers a local channel that ran (actually, still runs) Three Stooges films all New Year's Eve past midnight. So there's a strong movie marathon connection with the coming of the new year!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The Christmas blues haven't started yet for me. Carolina was sad last night but me telling her Christmas is in her heart all year made her feel better. The past few years I have been worried that it will be my grandmas last Christmas and that's what makes me saddest since she is 90.

Mikes parents were not impressed with Carolina's home made gift. They thought it was vain and lazy because it was a magnet with her picture that I let her paint herself. It hurt my feelings and now I'm not sure if I should even bother giving it to his grandparents and uncles family in case they feel the same way

Really? That's disappointing. This grandma loves all handmade gifts and would rather a special gesture and photo of my darlings than a new ornament, festive mug or slippers. Did they actually comment on it out loud? Sorry, but I think that's rude. The 3 photos I wanted of our boys and their families taken together during their cruise last summer were given to us (8x10) and I couldn't be happier about receiving them. No doubt it hurt your feelings. I think it was a wonderful gift.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning everyone.

We had to take the real tree down last night. It had dried out pretty bad. After taking the lights and decorations off and carrying the tree outside, the tree left quite a trail. It looked like a pine tree murder scene. :confused:

We still have the white tree in the living room up, but that will come down New Year's Eve. We try to have everything down before we head back to school and get busy again.

Not too much on the agenda for today. I need to start writing a paper for a class I am taking. But I have ZERO motivation to do so. It is due Sunday night by 11:55pm, so most likely I will write it on Sunday. :D

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I see that Edge gets Friday and Monday off for New Years. Lucky!! We used to, but they recently changed it to one day, so I have to work tomorrow, and we're closed on Monday.

My mom called last night and said she's going to the mountains and taking my aunt & uncle with her! She doesn't like to travel that far by herself anymore, and we just couldn't go this Christmas, so she went without us LOL! Good for her.

I think we're going out tonight to use an Olive Garden gift card we got for Christmas. I love those bread sticks & salad! Oh, and the entrées are pretty good, too. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I see that Edge gets Friday and Monday off for New Years. Lucky!! We used to, but they recently changed it to one day, so I have to work tomorrow, and we're closed on Monday.

My mom called last night and said she's going to the mountains and taking my aunt & uncle with her! She doesn't like to travel that far by herself anymore, and we just couldn't go this Christmas, so she went without us LOL! Good for her.

I think we're going out tonight to use an Olive Garden gift card we got for Christmas. I love those bread sticks & salad! Oh, and the entrées are pretty good, too. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Correction: I only get Monday as a holiday but I'm taking Friday as a PTO day. :) We only get 7 paid holidays a year!

I'm a big fan of their food also at Olive Garden. Enjoy it!

B

ballcoach

Good morning, friends. Coffee sure is good. Sitting her with Bambina. Her sister is at the sitters, but Bambina is still sick. We are running a fever, again, today so I'm debating on taking her back. She has been sick for a week and on meds since Monday, so I'm really leaning towards taking her back. We had a good day two days ago and yesterday, but now we have taken a step back. She is back sleeping....here's to hoping her fever is gone when she wakes up.

My Hogs play tonight in their bowl game. Kinda excited about that! Woo-Pig!

Y'all have a good day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Take your time---they're not coming until dinnertime!

I love how un-rushed I've been the last few days. Dec. 23rd was my last day of work; I head back Jan. 2nd and I've been relaxing quite a bit since the festivities with my parents, brother and visitors. My husband wasn't well enough to join us for our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day annual merry rituals. My brothers plane couldn't leave on Boxing Day due to the icy runway so he got another day to spend with my folks and relax from his busy entertainment life.

It's been a good holiday; would have been better if we managed to sneak a visit in with the grandchildren over the holidays, but my husband didn't feel like making the drive. We shipped their parcel by bus and chatted on Boxing Day.

I received a pair of pj's from my husband; most comfortable ones I've had on in years so I went back to the store and bought 2 more. Shhh; wearing them now. Not sure if I'll get out of them today.
Ran a few errands yesterday and went to visit my folks and grab some leftover turkey - mmm. Is it wrong to have a turkey sandwich for breakfast? Oh well, too late now, already down and done.

Should be doing housework today, but my back is a bit sore (sitting too much, no doubt) so I'll have to wait until it subsides before I start working that straw broom to get the cat fur up from the carpet before I vacuum.

Oddest thing happened night before last, while sitting in my usual spot on the sofa, O'Malley hopped up to join me as he often does. This time he looked at me put his paw on my leg and then snuggled in beside me resting his head and one paw on my lap. He hasn't gotten that close to me since he was 4 or 5 years old. He stayed that way for over half an hour before he moved over a bit to his usual spot offering me the back of his head and body to rub. I got the feeling he wanted to sit on my lap; glad he thought that one over since he's 27lbs, not a lap cat. Right now he's hiding in his secret den I created for him inside the coffee table, we can see him through the glass top, but he thinks he's hiding on us. Gave him a small box, a plastic spoon and some turkey cat treats for Christmas. Maybe he was just saying thank you.

Have a merry day, everyone! -lights-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning, friends. Coffee sure is good. Sitting her with Bambina. Her sister is at the sitters, but Bambina is still sick. We are running a fever, again, today so I'm debating on taking her back. She has been sick for a week and on meds since Monday, so I'm really leaning towards taking her back. We had a good day two days ago and yesterday, but now we have taken a step back. She is back sleeping....here's to hoping her fever is gone when she wakes up.

My Hogs play tonight in their bowl game. Kinda excited about that! Woo-Pig!

Y'all have a good day!

Hope the wee one is better soon; it's hard when they're sick especially over the holidays. I remember when I was part of a puppet troop in high school and we went carolling for the Santa Fund. One home we visited a little boy had the chicken pox and sat on the stairs by the foyer as we sang songs. He tried to smile and we felt like we were making him feel better so we sang an extra 2 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image