Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike24forever

Christmas Heart
MMC Lifer
Mar 17, 2011
Etobicoke, Ontario
My wife and I always feel that the house is a little cluttered after Christmas with all the decorations and opened gifts, so instead of taking everything down, we took down some of the decorations, put away some of the gifts. The trees are still up and a few decorations remain. It makes the house feel bigger, without removing all the beautiful decorations. It is actually really nice. Now we don't feel the need to take everything down. The house has been decorated since November 1st. I'm really enjoying the time after Christmas this year.

I hope everyone is doing well and fighting of the PCB's.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Weather great here for late December as we approach the end of the year.

This thread locks at midnight Jan 1 and "Christmas Countdown - 2017" begins shortly thereafter.
(A combination of sadness and excitement!)

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Really? That's disappointing. This grandma loves all handmade gifts and would rather a special gesture and photo of my darlings than a new ornament, festive mug or slippers. Did they actually comment on it out loud? Sorry, but I think that's rude. The 3 photos I wanted of our boys and their families taken together during their cruise last summer were given to us (8x10) and I couldn't be happier about receiving them. No doubt it hurt your feelings. I think it was a wonderful gift.
Thank you! I wasn't there when it was said so I'm not sure it was pop or mom mom who said it but it was repeated back to me by a 3 year old who most likely wasn't supposed to hear it and did

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Tomorrow is my last day of my lights being on...Saturday i take all my decorations down..Its crazy to think we start another year in a few days time..o_O

We are in the process of taking things down as well. I just turned some of our outside stuff (giant inflatable Santa and Rudolph) because of the high winds. We took one tree down last night and we may be taking more down this evening. My wife has the boxes and bins out!

But as you said, we start a new year in a few days, which also means... more time to start thinking about next Christmas!! I have already made a list of adjustments I want to make to the outside display for next year!
-smile-

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Watching a DVR recording of Elf and NOT fast forwarding through the breaks. I miss that bombardment of Christmas themed commercials. This is the only time of year I enjoy the commercial breaks as much as I enjoy what I'm watching. Most people bemoan it but I embrace it. I think it adds a great background element to everything. It's too bad its only car commercials and the occasional after Christmas themed commercial that continue through New Years.

I liked two in particular this year: The one with the Priest and the Muslim Imam giving each other knee pads, that piano theme got me every time. And the other one I liked was the carolers doing Jingle Bells using the 7Up and Ginger Ale bottles as wind instruments. That was a fun one.

xmas365

Wants to build the second castle on the left
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Our New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are usually movie marathons---New Year's Eve is all about running 16mm and video on the movie screen downstairs. Keeps us awake until midnight! We already have some titles in mind.

New Year's Eve always makes me think of the Marx Brothers. Back home, a local TV station used to run a Marx Brothers marathon from early evening until past midnight, and it was the one night in the year I had the TV to myself---and I just loved that marathon. Mr. remembers a local channel that ran (actually, still runs) Three Stooges films all New Year's Eve past midnight. So there's a strong movie marathon connection with the coming of the new year!
TV38! They still do the marathon, I think they have a new name now but I use to watch the Stooges all the time on TV38, along with all the Bruins and Red Sox road games on that channel.

xmas365

Wants to build the second castle on the left
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

The snowstorm that they predicted seemed to be a complete dud, we got about 2 inches when they were calling for up to 8.
We stayed home and didn't do much today, tomorrow we will be shopping for our NYE party.

I hope you all are doing well, and had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone

One of my new Santas.

B

ballcoach

Well, things quickly got out of hand for little Bambina today. In about an hour, her fever jumped up to 104 and we had to rush to the doctor. It's not flu, strep, or pneumonia....but they still aren't sure. Trying a couple of different things to see if it breaks the fever. If not, we have to go back in 48 hours. At that point, I would guess they might admit her (that's just my guess). If you don't mind, could you say a little prayer for her tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Gobble Contest Vote
Operation Christmas Cheer
Twas the Night Before Christmas Read-a-thon
Voice Greetings for the Merry Little Podcast
Dickens in Days
Coming Soon!
Tracking Santa
MMC Events

Sponsors