Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
UPS man just delivered me 2 boxes of Shiny Brites!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!
:jump

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Thursday morning! Working the afternoon/evening shift and then a day off tomorrow, which will be spent partly at a walk-in clinic for David's follow-up appointment. We got the confirmation yesterday that his case was accepted by the government agency which regulates work-related accidents and a first cheque came in. That's a relief. Now we can get refunded for the 625$ we spent for the MRI. His shoulder is slowly getting better. Physiotherapist says it should another month or so for it to heal fully. Bracing for snow coming in today, hope it won't be too much of a nightmare by tonight on my way home.

Praying that David continues to heal and that the snow won't be a problem for you.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning, friends. Coffee sure is good. Sitting her with Bambina. Her sister is at the sitters, but Bambina is still sick. We are running a fever, again, today so I'm debating on taking her back. She has been sick for a week and on meds since Monday, so I'm really leaning towards taking her back. We had a good day two days ago and yesterday, but now we have taken a step back. She is back sleeping....here's to hoping her fever is gone when she wakes up.

My Hogs play tonight in their bowl game. Kinda excited about that! Woo-Pig!

Y'all have a good day!

Praying the fever is gone when Bambina wakes up.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I love how un-rushed I've been the last few days. Dec. 23rd was my last day of work; I head back Jan. 2nd and I've been relaxing quite a bit since the festivities with my parents, brother and visitors. My husband wasn't well enough to join us for our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day annual merry rituals. My brothers plane couldn't leave on Boxing Day due to the icy runway so he got another day to spend with my folks and relax from his busy entertainment life.

It's been a good holiday; would have been better if we managed to sneak a visit in with the grandchildren over the holidays, but my husband didn't feel like making the drive. We shipped their parcel by bus and chatted on Boxing Day.

I received a pair of pj's from my husband; most comfortable ones I've had on in years so I went back to the store and bought 2 more. Shhh; wearing them now. Not sure if I'll get out of them today.
Ran a few errands yesterday and went to visit my folks and grab some leftover turkey - mmm. Is it wrong to have a turkey sandwich for breakfast? Oh well, too late now, already down and done.

Should be doing housework today, but my back is a bit sore (sitting too much, no doubt) so I'll have to wait until it subsides before I start working that straw broom to get the cat fur up from the carpet before I vacuum.

Oddest thing happened night before last, while sitting in my usual spot on the sofa, O'Malley hopped up to join me as he often does. This time he looked at me put his paw on my leg and then snuggled in beside me resting his head and one paw on my lap. He hasn't gotten that close to me since he was 4 or 5 years old. He stayed that way for over half an hour before he moved over a bit to his usual spot offering me the back of his head and body to rub. I got the feeling he wanted to sit on my lap; glad he thought that one over since he's 27lbs, not a lap cat. Right now he's hiding in his secret den I created for him inside the coffee table, we can see him through the glass top, but he thinks he's hiding on us. Gave him a small box, a plastic spoon and some turkey cat treats for Christmas. Maybe he was just saying thank you.

Have a merry day, everyone! -lights-

Aw, I love O'Malley!
Praying your husband is better soon!

mike24forever

Christmas Lifer
MMC Lifer
Mar 17, 2011
Otonabee, Ontario
My wife and I always feel that the house is a little cluttered after Christmas with all the decorations and opened gifts, so instead of taking everything down, we took down some of the decorations, put away some of the gifts. The trees are still up and a few decorations remain. It makes the house feel bigger, without removing all the beautiful decorations. It is actually really nice. Now we don't feel the need to take everything down. The house has been decorated since November 1st. I'm really enjoying the time after Christmas this year.

I hope everyone is doing well and fighting of the PCB's.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Weather great here for late December as we approach the end of the year.

This thread locks at midnight Jan 1 and "Christmas Countdown - 2017" begins shortly thereafter.
(A combination of sadness and excitement!)

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Really? That's disappointing. This grandma loves all handmade gifts and would rather a special gesture and photo of my darlings than a new ornament, festive mug or slippers. Did they actually comment on it out loud? Sorry, but I think that's rude. The 3 photos I wanted of our boys and their families taken together during their cruise last summer were given to us (8x10) and I couldn't be happier about receiving them. No doubt it hurt your feelings. I think it was a wonderful gift.
Thank you! I wasn't there when it was said so I'm not sure it was pop or mom mom who said it but it was repeated back to me by a 3 year old who most likely wasn't supposed to hear it and did

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Tomorrow is my last day of my lights being on...Saturday i take all my decorations down..Its crazy to think we start another year in a few days time..o_O

We are in the process of taking things down as well. I just turned some of our outside stuff (giant inflatable Santa and Rudolph) because of the high winds. We took one tree down last night and we may be taking more down this evening. My wife has the boxes and bins out!

But as you said, we start a new year in a few days, which also means... more time to start thinking about next Christmas!! I have already made a list of adjustments I want to make to the outside display for next year!
-smile-

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Watching a DVR recording of Elf and NOT fast forwarding through the breaks. I miss that bombardment of Christmas themed commercials. This is the only time of year I enjoy the commercial breaks as much as I enjoy what I'm watching. Most people bemoan it but I embrace it. I think it adds a great background element to everything. It's too bad its only car commercials and the occasional after Christmas themed commercial that continue through New Years.

I liked two in particular this year: The one with the Priest and the Muslim Imam giving each other knee pads, that piano theme got me every time. And the other one I liked was the carolers doing Jingle Bells using the 7Up and Ginger Ale bottles as wind instruments. That was a fun one.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Our New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are usually movie marathons---New Year's Eve is all about running 16mm and video on the movie screen downstairs. Keeps us awake until midnight! We already have some titles in mind.

New Year's Eve always makes me think of the Marx Brothers. Back home, a local TV station used to run a Marx Brothers marathon from early evening until past midnight, and it was the one night in the year I had the TV to myself---and I just loved that marathon. Mr. remembers a local channel that ran (actually, still runs) Three Stooges films all New Year's Eve past midnight. So there's a strong movie marathon connection with the coming of the new year!
TV38! They still do the marathon, I think they have a new name now but I use to watch the Stooges all the time on TV38, along with all the Bruins and Red Sox road games on that channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image