Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Generally speaking, "eggy" things don't freeze well at home. So I don't think you'd get good results. But I have a suggestion: Vanilla eggnog is simply made at home, especially if you have a blender or an immersion (stick) blender. For one serving, blend together 8 oz. of milk, one egg, 2 Tbsp sugar (or sugar to taste), and a splash of vanilla extract. Voila! If you can get your hands on Torani vanilla syrup, you can use that in place of sugar and vanilla extract. I learned to make it when Hood discontinued its Vanilla Eggnog one year. The eggnog recipe was in an old cookbook of my mom's, with several variations.

Thank you for the reply. I might try that, that's a really good suggestion!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I got a really fun Christmas present today :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It took alot of work..when I previewed the pics for each month they were all messy and off center. I almost gave up,then I realized on the left side of screen you could center and change pics for each month.
Believe me I feel your pain! I make our families calendar every year which includes over 100 photos!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Sorry Holiday but i can't help it buddy...I miss Christmas sooo much:(:(:(
As far as I'm concerned- it's still Christmas!!!! (easy for me to say when I'm off work, huh?) :rolleyes:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
As far as I'm concerned- it's still Christmas!!!! (easy for me to say when I'm off work, huh?) :rolleyes:
Yeah what are you gonna say Tuesday? :) I have to say though I've been thinking about Christmas a lot these last few days...even while I've been working the last 2 days. I think that I have another 240 or so work days to go till Christmas vacation 2017!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Darlene love on my Pandora surround sound at the moment ..
Baby please come home

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Yeah what are you gonna say Tuesday? :) I have to say though I've been thinking about Christmas a lot these last few days...even while I've been working the last 2 days. I think that I have another 240 or so work days to go till Christmas vacation 2017!!!

Psttt! Be still!! (that's what my best friends dad always said when he wanted us to be quiet) we are not talking about Tuesday yet - we are not even thinking about it – Tuesday is not even on the radar! Soaking up and enjoying my days off! I am so spoiled I really hope I never have a job where I have to work between the holidays again because I absolutely love (and totally appreciate) this! ❤ I have done some work from home - in my PJs by the tree – and I am perfectly OK with that! :D
-tree-

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Okay, serious question: Can eggnog be frozen and still return to its original enjoyable state?

When I got off work today I literally drove around to Ralphs, Vons, Smart and Final, CVS, Target, and then back to Ralphs to pick up the Vanilla Eggnog they still had in stock. Everywhere else was either sold out or only had fat free (who wants that?).

Anyways, I'm only asking here cuz it's probably more visible than anywhere else on the forum, and I need this question answered. A part of me thinks it will be totally okay to freeze it, but then a part of me thinks there's just no way a liquid as thick as eggnog can return to its original state after being frozen. I froze sour cream not too long ago and while it tasted the same and had the same impact after being thawed out it was still chunky and looked more like cottage cheese before using it. I can't imagine drinking chunky eggnog even if it tastes the same.

Has anyone done it before?

If nothing else I ask for future reference. I was hesitant to stock up earlier in December, going with the assumption that it's not a good idea to freeze it, and thinking that stores will probably keep supplying it until at least New Years. But I was wrong. So if I can't find it, at least I'll know in years to come.

BTW, this vanilla eggnog ain't so bad, its kind of like a vanilla milkshake without the frozen-ness.

I don't know if this was answered, but I looked it up:

Eggnog may be frozen for up to six months. For best results, freeze eggnog in a container with a little extra room (about 1/2-inch of space from the top) to allow for expansion during freezing. Frozen egg nog should be good for about 6 months, whether it is store bought or home made.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Went to the store to get cheese. Came home with 2 more Santa's.
I have found one on an after Christmas sale. I got 2 for Christmas from my wife, including a hockey playing Santa.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

I have been sick since Christmas Eve, and the Nyquil is taking hold. I hope to get caught up tomorrow.

I hope you all are enjoying this most wonderful Christmas season.

Goodnight, everyone

I don't even remember posting this last night. Nyquil was strong last night. o_O

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

Checking in and caught up. We went and saw the movie "Sing" today, my wife and boys loved it, me not so much.
Tomorrow will be a down day for us, a snowstorm is moving in.

I hope you all had a great day!

Merry Christmas!

Goodnight, everyone

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
I don't know if this was answered, but I looked it up:

Eggnog may be frozen for up to six months. For best results, freeze eggnog in a container with a little extra room (about 1/2-inch of space from the top) to allow for expansion during freezing. Frozen egg nog should be good for about 6 months, whether it is store bought or home made.

Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image